264 Commandments

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-05-2016, 11:22 PM
RE: 264 Commandments
(18-05-2016 09:53 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(18-05-2016 07:06 PM)Alla Wrote:  There is more room for improvement. The higher the bar the more potential you can discover in yourself.
The bar has to be as high as possible, not as low as possible.
Jesus was willing to atone for us so God could provide for us lots of opportunities to grow.

This does not address why there was need for substitute atonement in the first place. Why did god have to send us jesus so we could kill him, so he could finally be able to forgive people for largely victimless crimes? This, with the caveat that this only happens if you love him or else you are grilled for eternity. You and I can forgive with no conditions and if the god of the bible is correct, I can do something it can't. I do not require blood to forgive.

god is stupid he makes rules and laws that he himself cannot keep and he expects us atheist to believe that he can break his own laws because he's god. I can't believe how blinded christians are. So only people from the old testament were allowed to marry their first cousins and have as many wives as they wanted but christian can only have one wife because more than one is adultery. This is all bullshit. Back then they got away with all the killing, raping, stealing, etc...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-05-2016, 05:35 AM
(18-05-2016 11:22 PM)smileyjose86 Wrote:  
(18-05-2016 09:53 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  This does not address why there was need for substitute atonement in the first place. Why did god have to send us jesus so we could kill him, so he could finally be able to forgive people for largely victimless crimes? This, with the caveat that this only happens if you love him or else you are grilled for eternity. You and I can forgive with no conditions and if the god of the bible is correct, I can do something it can't. I do not require blood to forgive.

god is stupid he makes rules and laws that he himself cannot keep and he expects us atheist to believe that he can break his own laws because he's god. I can't believe how blinded christians are. So only people from the old testament were allowed to marry their first cousins and have as many wives as they wanted but christian can only have one wife because more than one is adultery. This is all bullshit. Back then they got away with all the killing, raping, stealing, etc...

It isn't fair to only pick on christians. There are other religions that fit your description. And unless I am mistaken, the people from Mississippiland can also marry their cousins.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
19-05-2016, 07:37 AM
(18-05-2016 07:06 PM)Alla Wrote:  
RobbyPants Wrote:If God knows we can't meet his impossible standards and has to jump through some incredibly bizarre hoops to atone people... of what use are the impossible standards?
There is more room for improvement. The higher the bar the more potential you can discover in yourself.
Jesus was willing to atone for us so God could provide for us lots of opportunities to grow.

Of course, and not boiling a baby goat in it's mothers milk is the perfect way for us to achieve this potential. Facepalm

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
19-05-2016, 07:45 AM
(19-05-2016 07:37 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(18-05-2016 07:06 PM)Alla Wrote:  There is more room for improvement. The higher the bar the more potential you can discover in yourself.

Of course, and not boiling a baby goat in it's mothers milk is the perfect way for us to achieve this potential. Facepalm

Don't want to waste that delicious baby goat meat...and if you're still in Oklahoma, there's a Mexican food chain called El Tapatio that uses goat milk to the queso...shit is amazing.
19-05-2016, 07:53 AM
(19-05-2016 07:45 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  
(19-05-2016 07:37 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Of course, and not boiling a baby goat in it's mothers milk is the perfect way for us to achieve this potential. Facepalm

Don't want to waste that delicious baby goat meat...and if you're still in Oklahoma, there's a Mexican food chain called El Tapatio that uses goat milk to the queso...shit is amazing.

Hmm, might have to check that out. Thumbsup

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
19-05-2016, 07:53 AM
(18-05-2016 09:59 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(18-05-2016 09:43 PM)Alla Wrote:  I guess it is if "don't be a dick" means what I think it means.
so, what does it mean TO YOU, GirlyMan, not to be a dick?

The Dude abides by the gold, silver and platinum rules. No religion or faith required.

abide by "the ruleS"? Do I see word "ruleS" in plural?
Looks like "don't be a dick" is NOT just ONE thing to do. Smile

P.S. what are those rules? I want to know better what it means to you.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
19-05-2016, 07:56 AM
Is it always easy thing "not to be a dick"?

Is it always easy not to be a dick to ALL people.

Or are those rules applied only for a few lucky ones?

19-05-2016, 08:02 AM
(19-05-2016 07:56 AM)Alla Wrote:  Is it always easy thing "not to be a dick"?

It's easier if you're not a dick.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 3 users Like ClydeLee's post
19-05-2016, 08:08 AM
smileyjose86 Wrote:god is stupid he makes rules and laws that he himself cannot keep and he expects us atheist to believe that he can break his own laws because he's god. I can't believe how blinded christians are.
There are laws for those who are Gods and there are laws for those who are mortals(not Gods yet).
Why? Because there is the difference between Gods and mortals (Gods to be).
Gods ALWAYS obey those laws, mortals not so much. We fail most of the time.
smileyjose86 Wrote:So only people from the old testament were allowed to marry their first cousins and have as many wives as they wanted but christian can only have one wife because more than one is adultery.
Not true. God RESTORED plural marriage. LDS Christians had this practice but we had to stop because it is illegal in the USA.
It is not healthy any more to marry siblings or cousins. God will not give a law that is NOT good for us.
smileyjose86 Wrote:This is all bullshit. Back then they got away with all the killing, raping, stealing, etc...

No, they didn't.

19-05-2016, 08:09 AM
(19-05-2016 08:02 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(19-05-2016 07:56 AM)Alla Wrote:  Is it always easy thing "not to be a dick"?

It's easier if you're not a dick.

I agree. But if you are a dick then it is much harder.