264 Commandments

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-05-2016, 11:53 AM
RE: 264 Commandments
(19-05-2016 11:07 AM)Alla Wrote:  Symbols are God's secret code for veiling or revealing the truth according to the attitude of the listener.
Why did God and His prophets choose to use symbols? why does God want us to do things that are very symbolic? things like rituals.

1. symbols encourage to ponder and to seek the guidance and inspiration of the Holy Ghost. This attitude of prayerful searching is rewarded.
2. symbols are designed to protect that which is sacred by revealing truth and insight to those who are prepared and by concealing the same from the unworthy.
3. symbols have ability to influence the mind and create lasting impressions. Once we attach a specific meaning to a given symbol any future encounter of that symbol will bring a resurgence of thoughts or feelings associated with the assigned meaning.
4. one of the great values of symbols is their ability to functionally teach abstract concepts.

There is no god to want anything. Priests set up arcane rituals to exert their influence over people.

There is no secret code, there is just a bunch of chucklefucks stating they know what the "hidden" meaning is. It's a simple way to control the group that buys into their nonsense.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-05-2016, 03:28 PM
(19-05-2016 11:46 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(19-05-2016 11:09 AM)Alla Wrote:  correct.
So, God didn't want His covenant people to mingle with other nations because He didn't want them to become worshipers of idols.

You don't get to tell me if I'm correct or not. You've never studied Judaism.

I find that offensive and arrogant.
I lived in Jewish family. I came to the USA as Jewish refugee. I worked for Orthodox Jewish in New York. So, I know something. Of course, not as much as you do. You are so much more beautiful than I am, you are so much more intelligent than I am, and so much more knowledgeable than I am and so much more everything than I am. And so much more delicate than I am.

P.S. Why do people get offended so easily over little things?
Oh, this generation of cup cakes and delicate flowers. Smile
I am sorry for offending you. At least I did NOT mean it.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
19-05-2016, 03:52 PM
(19-05-2016 03:28 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(19-05-2016 11:46 AM)Aliza Wrote:  You don't get to tell me if I'm correct or not. You've never studied Judaism.

I find that offensive and arrogant.
I lived in Jewish family. I came to the USA as Jewish refugee. I worked for Orthodox Jewish in New York. So, I know something. Of course, not as much as you do. You are so much more beautiful than I am, you are so much more intelligent than I am, and so much more knowledgeable than I am and so much more everything than I am. And so much more delicate than I am.

P.S. Why do people get offended so easily over little things?
Oh, this generation of cup cakes and delicate flowers. Smile
I am sorry for offending you. At least I did NOT mean it.

This is not a little thing that Aliza is getting offended over, this is her religion which shes takes seriously. You have said on this forum before that the way Jews interpret the original Bible stories of the OT that make up the Torah is incorrect. You say this because a con man came along in the 1800's and decided to change the meanings of these stories to fit his agenda even though the Jews originated the religion and wrote down these stories after it was a oral tradition for centuries and yet they are the ones who have it wrong? I find that extremely offensive and I'm not Jewish in any sense.

I don't think you get to tell an entire group of people they are wrong about their religion that your religion copied, stripped it of it's original meanings, made up new rules and laws that Yahweh would approve of even though he's not your God to begin with and then when a Jew says you are wrong you can turn around and say "Why are you getting so offended?" Are you kidding me? It's incredibly offensive,you have basically violated their culture and most sacred holy teachings, dressed it up and dragged into the light and said "Look it's fixed now!" If that's not offensive I don't know what is.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 4 users Like SitaSky's post
19-05-2016, 04:20 PM
SitaSky Wrote:I don't think you get to tell an entire group of people they are wrong about their religion that your religion copied,
At least I don't call those wise men who wrongly interpret scriptures "con men". I am better than that.
Oh, and that religion do NOT belong ONLY to Jewish people(tribe of Judah). Tribe of Joseph can claim this religion, too. And tribe of Levi, and any other tribe of house of Jacob. I belong to tribe of Joseph, particular Ephraim, so I have not just the right but the privilege to claim this religion.

19-05-2016, 04:25 PM
God does NOT speak to the tribe of Judah for more than 2,500 years.
So, wise men from the tribe of Judah make up their own interpretations, traditions, doctrines.
God does NOT guide tribe of Judah in these days. Not at all. What is going on?

19-05-2016, 04:30 PM
(19-05-2016 04:20 PM)Alla Wrote:  
SitaSky Wrote:I don't think you get to tell an entire group of people they are wrong about their religion that your religion copied,
At least I don't call those wise men who wrongly interpret scriptures "con men". I am better than that.
Oh, and that religion do NOT belong ONLY to Jewish people(tribe of Judah). Tribe of Joseph can claim this religion, too. And tribe of Levi, and any other tribe of house of Jacob. I belong to tribe of Joseph, particular Ephraim, so I have not just the right but the privilege to claim this religion.

No YOU DON'T! You can not make a claim to being in a Jewish tribe without having an actual parental lineage the directly links you to that tribe. You do NOT get to simply spout a claim and hijack their lineage like that!

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
19-05-2016, 04:33 PM
(19-05-2016 04:20 PM)Alla Wrote:  

I wouldn't call the men who originally started the oral tradition of Judaism con men since I know little about them but I do know about Joseph Smith and he was a con man and I don't care if you find that offensive, I could always say "Why so sensitive? Get a thicker skin!" You don't have the right to tell every modern Jew that they are interpreting their religion incorrectly based on the words of a man who translated magical gold tablets and abused his position. You can't even prove he was a true prophet, the least you could do is admit your interpretation is different but no it has to be the right one which makes the Jews and non-Mormon Christians wrong, which is offensive. I don't care what your bloodline is, anyone saying that the original interpretation of something is wrong would be offensive. If I told the modern followers of Asatru that when Odin said something he meant something else and I'm right and they are wrong, that would be offensive, even if I had Anglo Saxon blood in me. I don't see how that makes a difference.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like SitaSky's post
19-05-2016, 04:33 PM
Deuteronomy 33, God gives promises to Joseph:

17 his horns are like the horns of wild ox: with them he shall push the people together to the ends of the earth: and they are the ten thousands of Ephraim, and they are the thousands of Manasseh.

I don't see a word about tribe of Judah(Jewish people).
Do they even understand what Moses was saying? do they understand THIS PROMISE of God?

19-05-2016, 04:36 PM
(19-05-2016 04:33 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  I don't care if you find that offensive
I know. You don't have to tell me this. Smile
It is so much fun to offend Mormons. Thumbsup

19-05-2016, 04:38 PM
(19-05-2016 04:30 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  No YOU DON'T! You can not make a claim to being in a Jewish tribe without having an actual parental lineage the directly links you to that tribe. You do NOT get to simply spout a claim and hijack their lineage like that!
I do not claim to be from Jewish tribe. I am not from tribe of Judah.