264 Commandments

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-05-2016, 01:58 PM
RE: 264 Commandments
(21-05-2016 04:26 AM)julep Wrote:  
(20-05-2016 04:32 PM)Alla Wrote:  this was a rhetorical question, your answer was not required. Smile

Nope, it's actually a real question. You've been deliberately offensive to Aliza for quite some time. I don't believe you like Aliza even a little bit. Not surprising to see another lie from you, but I do wonder why it is that she gets under your skin so much.

I'll answer whatever the fuck I please, by the way. You don't get to tell me whether my answer is required.
1) Ok, fair point, then I will thank you for the answer.
2) I do like Aliza. I do not offend her personally. I only say that the tribe of Judah does not have revelations from God for almost for 2,500 years. They do interpret some words of God incorrectly.
3) She doesn't get under my skin at all. She is really nice person. May be she is irritated with me. It is possible, but I will say what I believe.
What I say is THE TRUTH - the tribe of Judah has NO REVELATIONS and NO GUIDENESS from their God for about 2,500 years. wow!! what is going on?

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-05-2016, 01:59 PM
(21-05-2016 01:58 PM)Alla Wrote:  3) She doesn't get under my skin at all. She is really nice person. May be she is irritated with me. It is possible, but I will say what I believe.
What I say is THE TRUTH - tribe of Judah has NO REVELATIONS and NO GUIDENESS from their God for about 2,500 years. wow!! what is going on?

We choose to be honest.

Oh, and I'm not from the tribe of Judah. My family is Levite.
21-05-2016, 02:05 PM
Good.
So, was Moses a liar?
Was Isaiah a liar?
Is anybody who says that God gives him/her revelations a liar?
is this what you are saying?

we choose to to accept new words of God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob . May be that is why He talks to us, He guides us these days. What a blessing when God speaks to you. What a curse when God doesn't speak to some people for about 2,500 years. what a curse.

21-05-2016, 02:10 PM
Aliza Wrote:Oh, and I'm not from the tribe of Judah. My family is Levite.
The same thing. For about 2,500 years not a word, not even one quiet sound from God of Abraham, Isaak and Jacob. Not a word. Silence. Silensio, Tishina.
Complete blackout. What is going on?

21-05-2016, 05:17 PM
(21-05-2016 02:10 PM)Alla Wrote:  
The same thing. For about 2,500 years not a word, not even one quiet sound from God of Abraham, Isaak and Jacob. Not a word. Silence. Silensio, Tishina.

So you think it is more plausible that god thought it was high time to have another revelation so he felt the best way was to pick a shady grifter convicted of fraud, feed him a story that he must have known we would be able to fact check eventually, and do this in such a bizzare manner that only the most credulous will believe it? If you are right, god is a dumbass. Seer stones in a fucking hat? Really?

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 3 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
21-05-2016, 05:45 PM
(21-05-2016 02:10 PM)Alla Wrote:  

What is going on is what has always gone on. Silence.
There is no evidence of any gods speaking to people, just myths and mental illness.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-05-2016, 05:47 PM
(21-05-2016 05:45 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(21-05-2016 02:10 PM)Alla Wrote:  The same thing. For about 2,500 years not a word, not even one quiet sound from God of Abraham, Isaak and Jacob. Not a word. Silence. Silensio, Tishina.

What is going on is what has always gone on. Silence.
There is no evidence of any gods speaking to people, just myths and mental illness.
I understand your position and I will not argue.

21-05-2016, 05:51 PM
(21-05-2016 05:17 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(21-05-2016 02:10 PM)Alla Wrote:  The same thing. For about 2,500 years not a word, not even one quiet sound from God of Abraham, Isaak and Jacob. Not a word. Silence. Silensio, Tishina.

So you think it is more plausible that god thought it was high time to have another revelation so he felt the best way was to pick a shady grifter convicted of fraud, feed him a story that he must have known we would be able to fact check eventually, and do this in such a bizzare manner that only the most credulous will believe it? If you are right, god is a dumbass. Seer stones in a fucking hat? Really?
No, it is not plausible.
Did God do that?!
wow!!

21-05-2016, 07:47 PM
(21-05-2016 05:17 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  

I was talking with Tartarus just the other night about how I was pretty sure I could put a decent case together to argue to religious Jews as to why the Torah could have been written by a group of people and deliberately set up in such a way that Jews would not find reason to question the authenticity.

I enjoy trying to debate the other side. It exercises my brain and opens my mind up to new ideas for me to consider. I also like knowing that my IQ is high enough to be able to seriously consider other views.

Judaism holds that all prophecy ended after Malachi. It ended for Jews, and it ended for Gentiles. It will not return until the Messianic era, and even then, I’m unaware of any consensus of what exactly that means. What we do know, is that we’re not in the Messianic era. I think most Christians even recognize that we’re not in the messianic era, which is why they’re waiting for Jesus to return in order to initiate the messianic era.

If someone wants to prove that G-d is talking to them, then we’ve got a handy litmus test to demonstrate whether this person is speaking the truth, or if they should be taken out back and stoned. The Mormon “prophets” would fail this test both as Jewish prophets and also as Gentiles prophets. Why? -Because G-d isn’t talking to them, or to anyone else.

I openly challenge anyone who believes they, or someone they've devoted their lives to, to take this test. It'll only take a few weeks to validate. It'll be fun! It can be like a forum experiment.

I want to be clear on that. NO branch of Torah authentic Judaism -from the Reconstructionist to the Chassids and Haredi- NO branch of Judaism believes that G-d is talking to anyone. The lack of communication not only doesn’t startle us because it is specifically discussed and addressed in advance of it happening.

Our texts make it clear that prophecy ended some 2,700 years ago so whenever people say that G-d is talking to them, or to their religious prophet, we Jews believe that they are suffering from either mental illness or a case of megalomania. Guess which one I think the churches of LDS, FLDS, JW and Scientology are suffering from? (Okay, that was a trick question.)

When people from other religions challenge me about the lack of prophecy that Judaism has and the prophecy that … say… the Mormons have, I can do little else than roll my eyes. The Christian church only stole part of our texts, and of what they did take, they mistranslated. I guess they just didn’t get the memo to know that they’re following a false prophet.

Sad. Sad
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
21-05-2016, 08:29 PM (This post was last modified: 21-05-2016 08:33 PM by Alla.)
Aliza Wrote:Judaism holds that all prophecy ended after Malachi. It ended for Jews, and it ended for Gentiles.
Ok, let's assume that this is true. So what?

Is every word of God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob a prophesy?
Is every revelation from God a prophesy?
The answer is no
God always led His covenant people. He was telling His covenant people what He wanted them to do in different and very specific situations.
It has always been the case when God's people were true to the covenants.
But when they were not true to the covenants God was not speaking to them. They didn't have prophets among them not only to know new prophecies but to have new instructions.

Tribe of Judah is not guided by God in these days and for about 2,500 years. They don't have any instructions from God but they have instructions from mortal imperfect men.
So, Jewish wise men can tell me hundred times that prophecies ended, I tell them "Ok. But did God open His mouth only because He had to say a prophesy?"
The answer is "no".

So, why doesn't God lead and instruct tribe of Judah in different and very specific situations in the 21st century like He always did?
something is wrong with this. did God of Abraham, Isaak and Jacob change?