264 Commandments

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-05-2016, 03:26 PM
RE: 264 Commandments
Oh good. You got all 613 commandments listed. Now I hope you all know why we don't proselytize and we don't want you to convert to Judaism. Can you image trying to sell a list like that to anyone? Laugh out load
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
13-05-2016, 03:48 PM
Commonsensei Wrote:But what about the other 254? What you never heard of them? You could be breaking a commandment right now and not know it. (and most likely you are. Naughty Naughty)
Yep, this is what we all do. Constantly. We break God's laws every day of our lives knowingly or unknowingly. That is why we all deserve hell.
This what Jesus was saying. But THE GOOD NEWS IS that there is the ATONEMENT.
Atonement provides an opportunity for repentance. Repentance gives an opportunity for forgiveness.

It is NOT possible to obey ALL God's laws; and God KNOWS this.

That is why He sent His Son Jesus Christ. To save us from the sins(breaking of the laws knowingly) and from the transgressions(breaking of the laws unknowingly or without correct understanding).

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
13-05-2016, 03:56 PM
(13-05-2016 03:48 PM)Alla Wrote:  
Commonsensei Wrote:But what about the other 254? What you never heard of them? You could be breaking a commandment right now and not know it. (and most likely you are. Naughty Naughty)
Yep, this is what we all do. Constantly. We break CHUCK NORRIS laws every day of our lives knowingly or unknowingly. That is why we all deserved the Chuck Norris roundhouse kick and oblivion.
Atonement provides an opportunity for repentance. Repentance gives an opportunity for forgiveness.

It is NOT possible to obey ALL CHUCK NORRIS laws; and CHUCK NORRUS KNOWS this.

That is why Jesus send CHUCK NORRIS. To save us from the sins(breaking of the laws knowingly) and from the transgressions(breaking of the laws unknowingly or without correct understanding).

There isn't choice roundhouse kick and oblivion. For all chucksterism nonbelievers.

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
[+] 1 user Likes Leo's post
13-05-2016, 04:01 PM
Yep, this is what we all do. Constantly. We break God's laws every day of our lives knowingly or unknowingly. That is why we all deserve hell.

That is why He sent His Son Jesus Christ. To save us from the sins(breaking of the laws knowingly) and from the transgressions(breaking of the laws unknowingly or without correct understanding).

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place.” (Matthew 5:17)
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
13-05-2016, 04:03 PM
(13-05-2016 04:01 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  “Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place.” (Matthew 5:17)
I believe those words are true.

13-05-2016, 04:09 PM

If God KNOWS it's our nature to be sinful and he made us this way than doesn't that make him deeply flawed and actually really stupid? Why would he care at all? He's not even perfect and makes many mistakes so who is he to judge us? Who is he to make laws to show us to be good if he isn't even good? Ugh, this whole religion is based on logical fallacy and paradox after the next, any real thought proves it's not true, it doesn't make any sense.

If God knew we would not be able to follow his laws than why give us any laws or rules to go by? Why make so many ridiculously useless laws that don't matter at all? Is eating a lobster really all that bad? Why is a woman more unclean when she gives birth to a girl than a boy? Is this just to teach women they are dirty and worthless? If they are then why allow us to give birth or have kids at all? If it's such a dirty sinful thing?

He is totally hypocritical, he says not to kill, then says kill prophets of other Gods, kill homosexuals, kill women who have sex before marriage, etc. He kills every single land animal and human in a great flood save the ones on the Ark, why is this moral? If its immoral to kill and to kill many people all at once in a genocide why is it ok when he does it? Or commands it? If it's wrong then it's wrong even when he does it, so if he is going around breaking his own objective moral laws then he's not worthy of worship , in that case your entire religion falls apart from the outset and there is nothing else to discuss. According to your own laws even God deserves Hell.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
13-05-2016, 04:11 PM
(13-05-2016 04:03 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(13-05-2016 04:01 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  “Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place.” (Matthew 5:17)
I believe those words are true.

Good.

I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet. 1 Timothy 2:12

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 2 users Like Commonsensei's post
13-05-2016, 04:16 PM
(13-05-2016 04:11 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  
(13-05-2016 04:03 PM)Alla Wrote:  I believe those words are true.

Good.

I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet. 1 Timothy 2:12
I do NOT believe this is correct translation

13-05-2016, 04:16 PM
The Bible is not flawless.

13-05-2016, 04:21 PM
(13-05-2016 04:16 PM)Alla Wrote:  The Bible is not flawless.

That's gotta be the biggest understatement in all of human history, I mean wow considering how many people have lived and died by that book, been killed because of that book, enslaved, tortured....just wow.

if your God's book isn't perfect than he isn't perfect and if he could've given us or inspired us to write a better book that would've saved lives and made us all more peaceful and loving than he's just a big jerk who doesn't give a damn about any of us. Of course he doesn't exist but since you believe he does how do you explain that?

I don't even care if you answer the question, fact is no one is worthy of worship, even if they are perfect since perfection is subjective but your God certainly isn't, he's actually pretty evil and ignorant.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes SitaSky's post