264 Commandments

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-05-2016, 03:29 PM
RE: 264 Commandments
(24-05-2016 01:55 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(24-05-2016 01:48 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Four of the books "after Genesis" are still part of the Torah, and every book in the Old Testament was written by Jews (in the standard accepted sense of the word, not your restricted "tribe of Judah" sense).
Those who interpret books of Moses or Malachi did NOT write them.
Neither authors of books of Moses nor author of book of Malachi gave their own interpretations.
So, those who interpret those books for about 2,500 years:
1) did not write them
2) did not receive revelations form God, so they can not be trusted in their interpretations.

So what? The people who interpret any book (whether or not it's a "holy book") are not the same people who wrote it. If that's all you're saying, who cares? Is Joseph Smith here to interpret the Book of Mormon for you, or are you relying on the interpretation of those who didn't write it?

But if you're referring more abstractly to "a people" (such as Americans or Jews), who better than Jews to interpret a set of books written by Jews? Also consider that there is an ongoing tradition of Jewish interpretation that goes all the way back to when the books were written. They didn't just start doing this last year.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-05-2016, 09:03 AM
Grasshopper Wrote:But if you're referring more abstractly to "a people" (such as Americans or Jews), who better than Jews to interpret a set of books written by Jews?
Those who receive revelations from God are better then those who don't. Authors of the books received revelations from God according to authors.

For almost 2,500 years God does not speak to Jews (even according to Jews).
So, no, they are not better than anybody else except the prophets.

Jews say that God is infinite and created space and time. The authors of the books said no such thing.
So, the Jews are not good if this is how they are interpreting the books they didn't write.
The authors of the book did NOT say that it will be times when God decides that people do NOT NEED guidance from Him.
Jews say opposite. So, no, they are not very good. Not better then anybody else.

P.S. What Jews are good about is this: they know their own traditions and rules they made up. Nobody is better then them about those men made things.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
25-05-2016, 09:17 AM
(25-05-2016 09:03 AM)Alla Wrote:  
Grasshopper Wrote:But if you're referring more abstractly to "a people" (such as Americans or Jews), who better than Jews to interpret a set of books written by Jews?
Those who receive revelations from God are better then those who don't.

Those who don't buy into bullshit revelations are better than those who do.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
25-05-2016, 09:59 AM
(25-05-2016 09:17 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(25-05-2016 09:03 AM)Alla Wrote:  Those who receive revelations from God are better then those who don't.

Those who don't buy into bullshit revelations are better than those who do.

amen, brother
nobody should buy into bulls##t revelations. nobody Thumbsup

25-05-2016, 10:14 AM
(25-05-2016 09:59 AM)Alla Wrote:  
(25-05-2016 09:17 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Those who don't buy into bullshit revelations are better than those who do.

amen, brother

It's still amazing how if you're truthful you don't see the bullshit here yet go on about seeing the bullshit of the soviet or authoritarian government types.

Just because they've gone on about proclaiming to have spoken to "GOD" it's anointed as trusted. Just why is your skepticism only quarter opened?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
25-05-2016, 10:19 AM
ClydeLee Wrote:It's still amazing how if you're truthful you don't see the bullshit here yet go on about seeing the bullshit of the soviet or authoritarian government types.
Authoritarian government types forces people to be good/moral.
God gives me moral agency, so I may choose to be good/moral person.
I chose to obey God.

25-05-2016, 10:26 AM
(25-05-2016 10:19 AM)Alla Wrote:  
ClydeLee Wrote:It's still amazing how if you're truthful you don't see the bullshit here yet go on about seeing the bullshit of the soviet or authoritarian government types.
God gives me moral agency, so I may choose to be good/moral person.
I chose to obey God.

What's God got to do with it... that's the thing. You're trusting these Human MEN who are so proclaimed 'prophets" they're men. They're not god. Even if god DID talk to them you're taking their word for it... yet you don't take the word for it from government men.

They're both equal standing men. You're Obeying the LDS proclaimed prophets men.

They want you to think you're obeying God and the Authoritarian governments of the past wanted you to think that too... Was the Holy Roman Empire or the old Tzar really the High Chancellor who had the divine right to rule from God? They were God's orders too.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
25-05-2016, 10:50 AM
(25-05-2016 09:03 AM)Alla Wrote:  Those who receive revelations from God are better then those who don't.

Here's a "revelation" for you: nobody has ever received a revelation from God, because God doesn't exist.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
25-05-2016, 10:56 AM
(25-05-2016 09:59 AM)Alla Wrote:  
(25-05-2016 09:17 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Those who don't buy into bullshit revelations are better than those who do.

amen, brother

Awesome, so you're not a Mormon anymore?

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
25-05-2016, 12:00 PM
(25-05-2016 10:19 AM)Alla Wrote:  
Chuck Norris gives me moral agency, so I may choose to be good/moral person.
I chose to obey Chuck Norris.

ThumbsupThumbsup

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes