264 Commandments

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-05-2016, 08:23 PM
RE: 264 Commandments
(13-05-2016 08:00 PM)Alla Wrote:  I believe that God convinced me by the power of the Holy Ghost that LDS Doctrine is true. This is the only reason why I believe. I can't deny what I believe God revealed to me by the power of the Holy Ghost.

I really fear we are both wasting our time here. I'm not going to be convinced by anything you say and if you believe you are convinced by the holy spirit than that's all you need than that's that isn't it? Evidence means nothing to you. I can't believe a spirit of God that exists on Earth that can effect human minds and hearts to believe myths actually exists. At least not until I experience it myself and even then I'd assume I was having a mental breakdown and seek help.

I'm trying to ask clear questions and give clear answers but it's going over your head or you're willfully ignoring what I'm trying to say. I'm not talking about unimportant details in the Bible that don't matter, I'm talking about important events like the great flood, the story of Job, the exodus, etc. These stories reveal to me that your God is immoral and deeply flawed, maybe these stories don't directly relate to salvation but they do directly relate to this God's character and his character is immoral and evil so why should I care at all if he wants to test me or wants me to be a god or to join him in paradise or whatever? He's not worthy of worship and it's not about fairness, it's about goodness.

I simply don't see this entire mess as a good test or a good system to be a part of especially considering the only way your God has figured to tell his spirit children about the whole mess is by using flawed books. The fact that you have to explain it so much should tell you it doesn't make sense. If it did everyone would believe in it, fact is it's not a logical or reasonable belief system. You can't believe based on logic or morality, it has to be emotional, like you said the holy spirit has to infect you or whatever, this is not a reasonable belief in that case.

That's like telling someone "Oh don't worry if you don't understand evolution, the spirit of biology helped me to understand it but it was after I prayed about it and sought the spirit of biology." I don't believe in spirits and souls so you have to appeal to me on a logical level and since you haven't even tried to attempt this I'd rather stop discussing this with you. Honestly it's my bad, I replied to your comment but I will try not to in the future since I just end up wasting time.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like SitaSky's post
13-05-2016, 09:43 PM
(13-05-2016 11:22 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Most people know of the most popular version of the commandment the big 10.

I have to disagree. I don't think that most people can name these 10 or that the more popular set isn't even called "The 10 Commandments" like they are in Exodus 34.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
14-05-2016, 12:10 AM (This post was last modified: 14-05-2016 12:13 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(13-05-2016 02:18 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Many are just downright silly, Wizards, witches and crap like that.Laugh out load

[Image: 98ef4b0dff4aae13ca719d122a701909.jpg]

[Image: fc1.png]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
14-05-2016, 05:52 AM
(13-05-2016 08:00 PM)Alla Wrote:  I believe that God convinced me by the power of the Holy Ghost that LDS Doctrine is true. This is the only reason why I believe. I can't deny what I believe God revealed to me by the power of the Holy Ghost.

Preach it! And just as Isaac Haight and John D Lee were convinced by the Holy Spirit to slaughter over 100 men, women and children in the Baker-Fancher party at Mountain Meadows, thus this same Holy Spirit is speaking to you.

Just as Brigham Young had the Adam-God doctrine revealed to him by the Holy Spirit, that same spirit spoke to you.

Just as Joseph Smith advocated for polygamy as revealed to him from the Holy Spirit, that same spirit spoke to you.

Just as the LDS denies women the preisthood due to Holy Spirit leadership, that same spirit spoke to you.

Just as the LDS denied blacks the priesthood due to Holy Spirit leadership, that same spirit spoke to you.

Just as Hartman Rector Jr. recently stated, under Holy Spirit leadership, no doubt -

"In order to attempt to get the male somewhere near even, the Heavenly Father gave him the Priesthood, or directing authority for the Church and home.

"Without this bequeath, the male would be so far below the female in power and influence that there would be little or no purpose for his existence. In fact, [he] would probably be eaten by the female as is the case with the black widow Spider.

"Therefore the Lord has made plain by revelations both ancient and modern that the male rules over the female but always with love and great respect.
"

That SAME "Holy Spirit" spoke to you!

This "Holy Spirit" is a 100% misogynistic, murderous, racist asshole.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
14-05-2016, 08:20 AM
(13-05-2016 06:15 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(13-05-2016 03:26 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Oh good. You got all 613 commandments listed. Now I hope you all know why we don't proselytize and we don't want you to convert to Judaism. Can you image trying to sell a list like that to anyone? Laugh out load
(13-05-2016 03:16 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  ...
Leviticus
Sacrifice an unblemished young bull as a burnt offering. 1:2-9

Dear Aunt Aliza,
I'm desperately worried!
I've recently converted to Judaism and am trying so hard to uphold all the commandments.

I think I might have erred by using blemished old bull.

Does this mean I'm a Mormon?

What should I do?

Yours
Concerned (Utah)

Dear Concerned,

I also enjoy the occasional steak or hamburger, but there is a much easier way to obtain this food in modern times. Slaughtering animals properly in accordance with Jewish law should really be left to the professionals. The best way to enjoy some meat is to just go to your local kosher supermarket and buy prepackaged, glatt kosher meat. The kosher meat processors check to make sure that each animal slaughtered is unblemished –no cancers or diseases found on the lungs or body- and only sell the cleanest, healthiest animals to the kosher market. (Other meat processors have always been happy to purchase the sick cows for the non-kosher market so don't worry, the meat doesn’t go to waste.)

Once that burger hits the barbecue, it’s not going to matter if you slaughtered it yourself or just picked up a few pounds in the meat aisle. Save yourself some time and hassle.

Oh, and even if you made a mistake and ate a cancerous cow, that doesn't make you a Mormon.

Sincerely,

Aunt Aliza
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
14-05-2016, 09:57 AM (This post was last modified: 14-05-2016 03:36 PM by Commonsensei.)
Again Alla you ether demonstrate your incredible ignorance, Incredible Stupidity or your incredible dishonesty. I'd even accept all three.

(13-05-2016 04:16 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(13-05-2016 04:11 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Good.

I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet. 1 Timothy 2:12
I do NOT believe this is correct translation

Ok. Here's a list of every interpretation.

New International Version
I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet.

New Living Translation
I do not let women teach men or have authority over them. Let them listen quietly.

English Standard Version
I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet.

Berean Study Bible
I do not permit a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man; she is to remain quiet.

Berean Literal Bible
But I do not permit a woman to teach, nor to use authority over a man, but to be in quietness.

New American Standard Bible
But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet.

King James Bible
But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
I do not allow a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; instead, she is to be silent.

International Standard Version
Moreover, in the area of teaching, I am not allowing a woman to instigate conflict toward a man. Instead, she is to remain calm.

NET Bible
But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man. She must remain quiet.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
For I do not allow a woman to teach, neither to usurp over a man, but she should be quiet;

GOD'S WORD Translation
I don't allow a woman to teach or to have authority over a man. Instead, she should be quiet.

New American Standard 1977

But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet.

Jubilee Bible 2000
For I do not allow a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over a mature man, but to be at rest.

King James 2000 Bible
But I permit not a woman to teach, nor to have authority over the man, but to be in silence.

American King James Version
But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

American Standard Version
But I permit not a woman to teach, nor to have dominion over a man, but to be in quietness.

Douay-Rheims Bible
But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to use authority over the man: but to be in silence.

Darby Bible Translation
but I do not suffer a woman to teach nor to exercise authority over man, but to be in quietness;

English Revised Version
But I permit not a woman to teach, nor to have dominion over a man, but to be in quietness.

Webster's Bible Translation

Weymouth New Testament
I do not permit a woman to teach, nor have authority over a man, but she must remain silent.

World English Bible
But I don't permit a woman to teach, nor to exercise authority over a man, but to be in quietness.

Young's Literal Translation
and a woman I do not suffer to teach, nor to rule a husband, but to be in quietness,

Take your pick.

(13-05-2016 04:41 PM)Alla Wrote:  God didn't create us. God created Adam and Eve. They didn't have sinful nature. When they ate the fruit of knowledge of good and evil they transgressed the law in innocence. They had no idea what good(right) and what evil(wrong) were and the difference between those two.
After Adam chose to partake of the fruit he became fallen man. His children got his nature - fallen nature.

(11-05-2016 12:40 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(11-05-2016 12:21 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Adam and Eve never existed ... No matter how much you WANT it to be. No matter what you FEEL.
I agree with you.

So if you agreed with me that Adam and Eve never existed. Then how could you possible talk as if they did, and as if their actions attributed to anything?!

(13-05-2016 04:41 PM)Alla Wrote:  
SitaSky Wrote:If God knew we would not be able to follow his laws than why give us any laws or rules to go by?
So, we could learn to obey at least some of them. It is better to obey some laws than none of them. To obey at least some laws is already progression. It is all about progression.

Bullshit. Did you even read a little of my opening post?

I'll give you some highlights.

4) Don't delete any commandments. Deuteronomy 4:2, 12:32

21) Obey all the commandments. Deuteronomy 5:32; 6:2, 17, 24, 25; 7:9-11; 8:1, 6, 11; 10:13; 11:1, 13, 32; 12:1, 28, 32; 13:4; 15:5; 19:9; 26:16, 17, 18; 27:1,

156) Be perfect. Deuteronomy 18:13

258) Don't change the commandments. Deuteronomy 28:14

So we can take this one of three ways.

1. No god, man made laws, from a different time. No need to apply them to today.
2. God exists, in your interpretation. Makes you calling him a liar. Because ether he was lieing when these passages where being "guided" by his will. Or he made up the "follow only some of the commandments" rule on the side and didn't want to pass it on for 2600 years until he "spoke" to a 50 something Ucrainan woman living in Idaho.
3. God exists, in this interpretation. And he hates everything and created a self defeating system so that he could revel in the hoops people would have to jump threw to try to win is unachievable affection.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 5 users Like Commonsensei's post
14-05-2016, 01:12 PM
Somebody must have said that there are 613 commandments, no?
I hope so.
EDIT ah they did. Good stuff
14-05-2016, 03:49 PM
(14-05-2016 08:20 AM)Aliza Wrote:  ...
cancerous cow

[Image: troy-gas-leak-laugh-o.gif]

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
14-05-2016, 08:40 PM
(13-05-2016 06:01 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(13-05-2016 04:16 PM)Alla Wrote:  I do NOT believe this is correct translation

I'm glad you admit that you pick and choose what you believe.

Laugh out load
Laugh out load I am glad you noticed. I choose not to believe in God Chuck Norris(the one wonderful Leo is preaching about Smile)

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
14-05-2016, 09:02 PM
Commonsensei Wrote:Ok. Here's a list of every interpretation.
I believe that all of them are incorrect. I know the correct one.
Commonsensei Wrote:So if you agreed with me that Adam and Eve never existed. Then how could you possible talk as if they did, and as if their actions attributed to anything?!
I am not sure why I said that. Most likely I didn't feel like arguing with you at that moment. I believe that biblical Adam and Eve existed and still exist in Celestial Kingdom.
Commonsensei Wrote:Bullshit. Did you even read a little of my opening post?
I'll give you some highlights.
4) Don't delete any commandments. Deuteronomy 4:2, 12:32
21) Obey all the commandments. Deuteronomy 5:32; 6:2, 17, 24, 25; 7:9-11; 8:1, 6, 11; 10:13; 11:1, 13, 32; 12:1, 28, 32; 13:4; 15:5; 19:9; 26:16, 17, 18; 27:1,
156) Be perfect. Deuteronomy 18:13
258) Don't change the commandments. Deuteronomy 28:14
Of course, God will say to obey all His commandments. He will never say: "keep some of my commandments and some you may ignore". God will never say:
"pick your favorite commandments".
But He will ALWAYS say: "obey ALL My commandments".
Then we have to try our best. The rest (we could NOT do) is covered by the Atonement.

Commonsensei Wrote:1. No god, man made laws, from a different time. No need to apply them to today.
2. God exists, in your interpretation. Makes you calling him a liar. Because ether he was lieing when these passages where being "guided" by his will. Or he made up the "follow only some of the commandments" rule on the side and didn't want to pass it on for 2600 years until he "spoke" to a 50 something Ucrainan woman living in Idaho.
3. God exists, in this interpretation. And he hates everything and created a self defeating system so that he could revel in the hoops people would have to jump threw to try to win is unachievable affection.

1) 40 something Ukrainian woman, not 50 something.
2)God gives all the laws we have to know, then we do our best to keep them. Whatever we fail is covered by the Atonement. Why do you think there is the Atonement?
For this reason - we can NOT obey ALL Gods laws.
God holds the bar for us very high, not low. He will say: keep ALL the commandments, not few. Then we do all we CAN. The Atonement covers all our failures.
I never could get it: why many people do not understand the reason for the Atonement. This is the reason: God can not tell us: "keep some of my commandments and BREAK other commandments". He has to say: "keep ALL my commandments" But because we can't do this, because we are not perfect, God provided the Atonement. Because if we break one law we are guilty of all.
God sets the bar high, not low

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED