264 Commandments

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-05-2016, 07:49 AM (This post was last modified: 15-05-2016 07:53 AM by Leo.)
RE: 264 Commandments
(14-05-2016 09:12 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(14-05-2016 08:40 PM)Alla Wrote:  Laugh out load I am glad you noticed. I choose not to believe in God Chuck Norris(the one wonderful Leo is preaching about Smile)

Oh alla you're being goofy again.

The context of my quote had NOTHING to do with Leo's shenanigans.

(13-05-2016 04:16 PM)Alla Wrote:  I do NOT believe this is correct translation

Laugh out load try harder next time.

Pardon my ignorance but what's the meaning of the shenanigans word ? Sorry about my ignorance. English isn't my native language.

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-05-2016, 07:52 AM
(14-05-2016 10:33 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(14-05-2016 10:21 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  So. Now you think you think the thoughts of god ?
You never read your Bible, I see.
Isaiah 55:9
"As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.
Of course.
But some of CHUCK NORRIS thoughts are revealed by Him. CHUCK NORRIS revealed that He would not bother to communicate with those who already know how they are going to reject it. It is just common sense. Smile

Wow . You already a believer in Chucksterism , my mission is acomplished. I'm here to assist you in your new faith chucksterism. In case you have some doubts. Doubt is a fatal sin in chucksterism and the sentence is oblivion. This is really serious.

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
[+] 1 user Likes Leo's post
15-05-2016, 01:03 PM
(14-05-2016 10:14 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(13-05-2016 08:23 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  and even then I'd assume I was having a mental breakdown and seek help.
May be that is why you are not going to experience it. Consider
God: "why bother?" Smile

I just love this mental image, God sitting on his throne near the planet Kolub just not giving a fuck about communicating with anyone who doesn't want to believe in him. It's not that I don't want to believe, it's that there is no good reason for me to believe, like I've said the truth is all that matters and if the truth is he exists, he should show himself to everyone and there should be substantial proof he does exist.

The issue isn't that I don't believe, I live a good life and don't need religion or faith. The issue is there are many people including babies and children who do believe and they are being slaughtered because they worship him a slightly different way than their neighbors, they are starving to death, poisoned and die slowly and painfully. All I can imagine is your impotent god sitting on his throne thinking "Why bother?" Yes, why should he bother? He's already an immoral dictator who sent his son to be brutally murdered to "save" us, why should he bother lifting a finger now? You're totally right in that sense which is why I'd rather not think such a being exits and lucky for me there isn't a shred of valid evidence that he does.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like SitaSky's post
15-05-2016, 05:43 PM
(14-05-2016 10:44 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  
(14-05-2016 09:02 PM)Alla Wrote:  The Atonement covers all our failures.
If that's true then it doesn't matter what commandments I keep. What am I reading wrong here?
Dark Wanderer, I will try to explain to you my brand of delusion to the best of my ability. If you still won't get what I said it will be my fault, not yours.

Let's assume God said: I want you to run 10 km every day. Let's call this will of God "God's law".
Now, some people are capable to do this and they run every day 10 km. They don't need the Atonement for obeying this particular law because they do it perfectly. There is nothing to cover here.
But some people are not capable to run 10 km every day. Or some people are capable but too lazy to run 10 km every day. These will fail.
God is fully aware of this. But THE GOOD NEWS that God actually doesn't expect from us running 10 km every day. What He does expect from us is our every day EFFORTS. When I make an efforts and run I can learn that I can not run more than 1 km. I failed but 1 km was MY BEST. In this case God will say "well done" and Christ will cover for me the rest 9 km. If my best is 9 km and 900 meters then God will say "well done" and Christ will cover for me the rest 100 meters.
If I am handicap and I can run only 1 meter, God will say: " well done" and Christ will cover the rest for me.
If I am not capable to run at all but I KNOW in my heart that if I could I would do my best, God will say "your willingness and readiness are accepted by Me" and Christ will cover for you all 10 km every day.
This is how the Atonement works.
Why does God set the bar very high? This is why God sets the bar high to ALL OF US: So, we can try our best to as MUCH as POSSIBLE. When there bar is high there is more room for improvement/personal progress.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
[+] 1 user Likes Alla's post
15-05-2016, 05:59 PM
SitaSky Wrote:I just love this mental image, God sitting on his throne near the planet Kolub just not giving a fuck about communicating with anyone who doesn't want to believe in him.
I have never said this. Never.
I said that God will not communicate with the person who ALREADY decided that IF God communicates he or she will seek professional help/a doctor.
Why bother to communicate with person who will look for any excuse to reject this communication from God?
SitaSky Wrote:It's not that I don't want to believe, it's that there is no good reason for me to believe,
And this is totally understandable. If I didn't have any reason to believe I would still be a happy atheist. I was a happy atheist.
SitaSky Wrote:like I've said the truth is all that matters and if the truth is he exists, he should show himself to everyone and there should be substantial proof he does exist.
You say this because you do NOT know THE REASON why God is not going to do this.
THERE IS A REASON why God will NOT do this. There are some hints in the Bible why He will not do this. But you probably didn't notice them when you have read your Bible in the past.
SitaSky Wrote:The issue is there are many people including babies and children who do believe and they are being slaughtered because they worship him a slightly different way than their neighbors, they are starving to death, poisoned and die slowly and painfully.
God didn't slaughter babies and children because they worshiped slightly different. In what book did you find this claim of God?
About adults who were not from the house of Israel. In what book did God claim that He would kill them because they worshiped differently?

15-05-2016, 06:01 PM
(15-05-2016 07:52 AM)Leo Wrote:  
(14-05-2016 10:33 PM)Alla Wrote:  Of course.
But some of CHUCK NORRIS thoughts are revealed by Him. CHUCK NORRIS revealed that He would not bother to communicate with those who already know how they are going to reject it. It is just common sense. Smile

Wow . You already a believer in Chucksterism , my mission is acomplished. I'm here to assist you in your new faith chucksterism. In case you have some doubts. Doubt is a fatal sin in chucksterism and the sentence is oblivion. This is really serious.
WOW! You preach to me the right God! Thumbsup
Only you gave this God a new nick name, silly you Laugh out load

15-05-2016, 06:06 PM
(15-05-2016 12:17 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(14-05-2016 09:56 PM)Alla Wrote:  Ok, ok, I won't be goofy this time. Smile
I pick and choose only correct translations. The ones that are inspired by God.

Too funny. Laugh out loadLaugh out load

You mean the ones that best feel inside your head what god might have said.
Laugh out loadLaugh out load

15-05-2016, 07:44 PM
You are all just fucking silly trying to argue reason against a mormon. I invited a few into my house a couple times just for shits and giggles, I was rather impressed. Not at their ability to reason, but their ability to cut and run from any aspect of the religion that is shown to be contradictory.

That's what I love about mormons... able to show why they're racist assholes? Well that's funny, god just spoke to one of our prophets about that and it turns out that we agree with you. Blacks are now okay, even if we still believe god marked them because of their ancestors' mistakes.

Able to point out the raging misogyny in their treatment of women? Why, god just spoke to one of our prophets and our new found view lines up exactly with the least amount of misogyny that is allowed by contemporary law.

My favorite though, is the trinity. Nobody can make that idea make sense. At least the LDS had the sack to just say fuck it, we don't like that idea either. Holy Ghost, you're on your own. Tongue

It's batshit crazy, but it at least has the potential to redefine itself down to a religion that is on par with Buddhism eventually. It's just too new at this point.

I've met a bunch of them though, nicest fucking people you could ask for.

Still batshit crazy...

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 3 users Like evenheathen's post
15-05-2016, 08:09 PM
I just want to follow ONE commandment.

Don't be a dick.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 5 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
16-05-2016, 05:29 PM
(15-05-2016 08:09 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I just want to follow ONE commandment.

Don't be a dick.
Simple and beautiful. Thumbsup