29 homosexuals are arrested in Bangladesh

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
19-05-2017, 10:01 PM
RE: 29 homosexuals are arrested in Bangladesh
(19-05-2017 12:02 PM)sea_tiger Wrote:  
Quote:... "honor killings" are not uncommon ..
what is the reason and drive behind honour killing?I don't know why someone would feel righteous about it.

Because that's what Quran says and Muhammad commands his followers. And being a muslim-majority country, people think they are morally bound(!) to do so. Here is where homosexuality is declared haram in Quran

“Do you approach the males of humanity, leaving the wives Allah has created for you? But you are a people who transgress” (Quran 26:165-66).

There are also various other verses in Quran where Allah condemns and declares eternal punishment in hell against homosexuals. But here is where Muhammad commands to kill homosexuals

Narrated by Abdullah ibn Abbas: The Prophet said: If you find anyone doing as Lot's people did, kill the one who does it, and the one to whom it is done.

— Sunan Abu Dawood, 38:4447

some more hadith

Narrated by Abdullah ibn Abbas: The Prophet cursed effeminate men; those men who are in the similitude (assume the manners of women) and those women who assume the manners of men, and he said, "Turn them out of your houses." The Prophet turned out such-and-such man, and 'Umar turned out such-and-such woman.

— Sahih al-Bukhari, 7:72:774

Here's is the clear command to kill the relatives

It was narrated from `Ubadah bin Samit that the Messenger of Allah (Peace be upon him) said: “Carry out the legal punishments on relatives and strangers, and do not let the fear of blame stop you from carrying out the command of Allah (Subhanahu-wa-Taala).”

In addition to that, if you are engaged in homosexual activities, you're not a Muslim anymore. Thus, it is also permissible to kill them.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like TheUnholy's post
19-05-2017, 10:11 PM
(19-05-2017 01:19 PM)Astreja Wrote:  I'm currently boycotting products from Bangladesh, Indonesia, and other nations that violate LGBT, non-believers' and other-believers' rights. Thinking of taking this to the next level and doing a letter-writing campaign to companies that have goods manufactured in these nations.

I completely understand your feelings but that would only worsen the situation. The people will not change its mind regarding "islam based laws" and the government wouldn't care much (since they have to keep the majority happy. moreover, elections are coming soon). Boycotts or sanctions will only infuriate the islamists and the fundamentalist muslim population (which is roughly 80% according to Pew research center). and they will go for a massive gay hunt and nationwide riot. So many innocent homosexuals and suspected(!) homosexuals will also be killed. The situation is quite f***ed up here. Probably, more than you can think of. I'd recommend you run a few google on Bangladesh's situation for last 5 years.
[+] 1 user Likes TheUnholy's post
19-05-2017, 10:14 PM
(19-05-2017 09:06 AM)Vera Wrote:  This is so sick I don't have words (and that happens to be like, never Rolleyes )

You ain't seen nothing yet. My sources say that two of the guys got raped in custody (you won't find these in news for obvious reasons)
19-05-2017, 10:24 PM
(19-05-2017 09:57 AM)epronovost Wrote:  On the ''bright side'', have you notice how those coutries rarelly arrest lesbians for the very same crime? I Wonder why. They aren't harder to catch or any less numerous. Plus arresting women for sexual misconduct is already well established in those communities. Are they so ignorant of women they don't even think such a thing is possible? We should allow these people to be considered as political refugees and place them on a fast track to safety.

Well. Women do get persecuted for their sexualities as well. here's one example

https://globalvoices.org/2013/07/26/lesb...angladesh/

but most of the times, lesbian women forcefully get married off to males. there were a few notable suicide cases as well. But unfortunately, I can't find the links and even if I find it, it's in Bengali. I'll try to write something myself
[+] 2 users Like TheUnholy's post
19-05-2017, 10:41 PM
(19-05-2017 09:50 AM)cactus Wrote:  People being locked in tiny cages for doing what they want to do with their own bodies... well shit, it doesn't get much more "unnatural" than that Dodgy
"they were not instantly found to be engaged in unnatural sexual activities at the scene"
Gee, ya don't fuckin' say. It's almost as if "lgbt" doesn't only refer to sexual activity Dodgy

You can blame the Brits for this.

I bring this up in class in Singapore to highlight a mismatch between 'principles' and 'policies'.

They have a 'principle' of "equality" (one of the 5 principles repesented by the 5 stars on the national flag) but have a law (statute 377) against "unnatural sexual acts".
377A prohibits male-male "unnatural" acts but there is no equivalent statute for female-female.

Bangladeshi law is similarly based on the English common law system.

The Brits have changed their laws (only 50 years ago, btw) but their ex-colonies have been slower to adapt.

(19-05-2017 09:57 AM)epronovost Wrote:  On the ''bright side'', have you notice how those countries rarely arrest lesbians for the very same crime? I Wonder why.

See above.

It's not, as is commonly thought, Queen Victoria's fault. You can blame Henry Labouchere, Liberal MP for Northampton.

Quote:Stead had written to Labouchere from jail, telling of the rise in male prostitution in London and other large cities. Concerned, Labouchere presented his amendment towards the end of the Criminal Law Amendment Bill as it passed from bill to law. This amendment outlawed male homosexual activity, while ignoring lesbian activity.

Drinking Beverage

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
20-05-2017, 06:03 AM
(19-05-2017 10:14 PM)TheUnholy Wrote:  You ain't seen nothing yet. My sources say that two of the guys got raped in custody (you won't find these in news for obvious reasons)

Well, that's what prison is all about, isn't it? Confused

Can't think of many (if any) things more repugnant to me than "rape in jail" jokes or even light-hearted comments how someone is going to get what they deserve in the prison showers. I don't give a fuck how funny you think it is or even how much you think the person might deserve it - the moment you choose to go there, you're debasing and demeaning *yourself*.

Rape jokes are never funny, jail rape jokes - even less so.

(And I'd appreciate it if people did *not* try to prove me wrong on this. You can't, so spare me Dodgy )

(19-05-2017 10:41 PM)DLJ Wrote:  They have a 'principle' of "equality" (one of the 5 principles repesented by the 5 stars on the national flag) but have a law (statute 377) against "unnatural sexual acts".
377A prohibits male-male "unnatural" acts but there is no equivalent statute for female-female.

That's what gets me every time (well, among other things) - what the hell IS unnatural even supposed to mean? If it exists in THIS world it is by DEFINITION natural, for fuck's sake. There is NOTHING else in the world. In the universe, really.

Quote:Stead had written to Labouchere from jail, telling of the rise in male prostitution in London and other large cities. Concerned, Labouchere presented his amendment towards the end of the Criminal Law Amendment Bill as it passed from bill to law. This amendment outlawed male homosexual activity, while ignoring lesbian activity.

Oh, I see, so male prostitution is highly concerning, but women - screw them. Literally. Dodgy

And frankly, DelJoy, we can blame the Brits for a LOT of things. And we should.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
20-05-2017, 11:14 AM (This post was last modified: 20-05-2017 11:20 AM by kim.)
(19-05-2017 10:01 PM)TheUnholy Wrote:  Because that's what Quran says and Muhammad commands his followers. And being a muslim-majority country, people think they are morally bound(!) to do so. Here is where homosexuality is declared haram in Quran

“Do you approach the males of humanity, leaving the wives Allah has created for you? But you are a people who transgress” (Quran 26:165-66).

There are also various other verses in Quran where Allah condemns and declares eternal punishment in hell against homosexuals. But here is where Muhammad commands to kill homosexuals

I find this to be the line between the violence that is Islam and those who adhere to a faith in allah with a modern interpretation of Islam.

The difference of tolerance:

1. there is allah/god which is supposed to be an all-inclusive belief. (always open to interpretation, of course)

Then...

2. there is a human "prophet" (Muhammad) who (1500 years ago) gathered several stories from existing, so-called "sacred texts" of other religions and interpreted through these texts, his own biases and violent (warlord) thoughts & ideas.

#1 is an idea for one to decide upon for one's self, and #2 is a person who decides for everyone else, what ideas they are to have.

To me, it appears to be a bunch of people who adamantly refuse to have their culture change in any way - even if it means self destruction.

(19-05-2017 10:01 PM)TheUnholy Wrote:  ---
In addition to that, if you are engaged in homosexual activities, you're not a Muslim anymore. Thus, it is also permissible to kill them.

There again, human generated bias dictates crime and punishment ... any personal idea of allah/god guidance is controlled. No Muslim person is truly free to think for himself or herself. Undecided

Please stay safe, TheUnholy - you live in a dangerous place at a very dangerous time. Hug

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
20-05-2017, 12:49 PM
(20-05-2017 11:14 AM)kim Wrote:  Please stay safe, TheUnholy - you live in a dangerous place at a very dangerous time. Hug

I'll be safe. don't worry Hug
20-05-2017, 12:50 PM
Update on the issue:

Narcotics case lodged against the homosexuals

http://www.dhakatribune.com/bangladesh/c...eraniganj/
20-05-2017, 01:29 PM
Huzzah for bigotry. Grr.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson