2nd degree burns

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-01-2015, 11:12 PM
RE: 2nd degree burns
Ouch! I agree that burns are the worst. I've experienced 2nd degree burns and I have experienced being frozen to the point of no feeling. Guess which is better? Ya, I'd rather not feel (before the no feel is an uncomfortable burning feeling ironically, but not the sharp pain of a real burn).
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-01-2015, 07:28 AM
First off -- the following is true.... I've got plenty of witnesses....

At 15 I was screwing around on a tractor - managed to flip it over into the ditch and got caught between the gas tank and the rear wheels - which continued to run for about 30 seconds -- taking off all the skin on my back, right arm, right side of my neck and face. The back got it the worst. When they got me to the hospital they strapped me down and scrubbed it with Betadine to get the rubber out of the wounds. Never passed out.

At 40 - I got hit by a truck on a motorcycle - my right leg in between the grill and front bumper of the truck and the motorcycle. (A newer Triumph). The bumper nearly severed my foot, just above the ankle - compounding the fracture - that is - the bones of the tibia and fibula were sticking out the left side of my right leg.
I wanted to kill the guy who hit me - and got up and tried to walk on the broken ends of the bones... Little circles to the right..... Doesn't work too well..... I didn't even notice my left wrist was also shattered. 18 months in a wheelchair, 9 surgeries, 3 titanium plates and 29 screws and I can walk again.

In between 15 and 40 I've had several mishaps - including hitting a deer on a motorcycle (an old triumph) and breaking my right leg at the knee. (always the right one... dunno why). Countless cuts, tears, abrasions, explosions, ect, ect.....I've had stitches, staples, splints, braces, crutches and canes.

Accident prone?? Maybe...

I just prefer to think I'm getting my money's worth out of life.

Sitting around on the couch is no way to live.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
26-01-2015, 07:34 AM
(26-01-2015 07:28 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  First off -- the following is true.... I've got plenty of witnesses....

At 15 I was screwing around on a tractor - managed to flip it over into the ditch and got caught between the gas tank and the rear wheels - which continued to run for about 30 seconds -- taking off all the skin on my back, right arm, right side of my neck and face. The back got it the worst. When they got me to the hospital they strapped me down and scrubbed it with Betadine to get the rubber out of the wounds. Never passed out.

At 40 - I got hit by a truck on a motorcycle - my right leg in between the grill and front bumper of the truck and the motorcycle. (A newer Triumph). The bumper nearly severed my foot, just above the ankle - compounding the fracture - that is - the bones of the tibia and fibula were sticking out the left side of my right leg.
I wanted to kill the guy who hit me - and got up and tried to walk on the broken ends of the bones... Little circles to the right..... Doesn't work too well..... I didn't even notice my left wrist was also shattered. 18 months in a wheelchair, 9 surgeries, 3 titanium plates and 29 screws and I can walk again.

In between 15 and 40 I've had several mishaps - including hitting a deer on a motorcycle (an old triumph) and breaking my right leg at the knee. (always the right one... dunno why). Countless cuts, tears, abrasions, explosions, ect, ect.....I've had stitches, staples, splints, braces, crutches and canes.

Accident prone?? Maybe...

I just prefer to think I'm getting my money's worth out of life.

Sitting around on the couch is no way to live.

OUCH!!
26-01-2015, 08:02 AM
(26-01-2015 07:28 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  At 40 - I got hit by a truck on a motorcycle

How the truck got on the motorcycle I'll never know

[Image: fGrn7gs.jpg]

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post