3.8 Billion Year Old Signs of Life

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-03-2017, 04:55 AM
RE: 3.8 Billion Year Old Signs of Life
(19-03-2017 10:53 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  
(19-03-2017 09:18 PM)Fireball Wrote:  I think that going to the moon is less life threatening. Yes Laugh out load

Proably not. The pressures are intense but that's a relatively simple engineering problem. It isn't as if somebody is going to strap you to a few thousand tonnes of rocket fuel and light the fuse. There have been thousands of deep sea submersible dives with a much better record than the space shuttle.

Oddly enough, it's hard to get national sentiment whipped up to plant a flag in the deepest hole on the planet.

And there's all those giant kaiju running around down there!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
21-03-2017, 08:07 PM
(19-03-2017 01:21 PM)jennybee Wrote:  How can that be when the Earth is only 6,000 years old? Hobo Tongue Laugh out load

6,000 turtle years.

Each turtle year is about 750,000 regular years.
And we know it's turtles all the way down, so... QED.

Innint science wonderful? Smile

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Dr H's post
21-03-2017, 09:23 PM
(19-03-2017 01:21 PM)jennybee Wrote:  How can that be when the Earth is only 6,000 years old? Hobo Tongue Laugh out load
That Hebrew symbol means a multitude of things such as age, season, time, space, while, whole age, and a good bit more.

What I am saying is that though the consensus of the " Christian" is that a day is a thousand years; it could, and actually does refer to an age or passing of time; a process in which day one could be likened to part one and also something closer to a billion years; an aeon. This is the general consensus among much of the "believers" in GOD.

peace

faith in selfless unity for good
21-03-2017, 10:51 PM (This post was last modified: 21-03-2017 11:47 PM by jennybee.)
(21-03-2017 09:23 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
That Hebrew symbol means a multitude of things such as age, season, time, space, while, whole age, and a good bit more.

What I am saying is that though the consensus of the " Christian" is that a day is a thousand years; it could, and actually does refer to an age or passing of time; a process in which day one could be likened to part one and also something closer to a billion years; an aeon. This is the general consensus among much of the "believers" in GOD.

peace

I was referring to the young earth creationists.
21-03-2017, 11:52 PM
(21-03-2017 10:51 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(21-03-2017 09:23 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  That Hebrew symbol means a multitude of things such as age, season, time, space, while, whole age, and a good bit more.

peace

I was referring to the young earth creationists.
Yes I know. I'm sorry.

I hope you've been well.

peace

22-03-2017, 04:56 AM
(21-03-2017 09:23 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  That Hebrew symbol means a multitude of things such as age, season, time, space, while, whole age, and a good bit more.

The word, in context, means a 24-hour day. The fact that believers spin it to try to make it conform to their fantasy is laughable.

Quote:What I am saying is that though the consensus of the " Christian" is that a day is a thousand years; it could, and actually does refer to an age or passing of time; a process in which day one could be likened to part one and also something closer to a billion years; an aeon. This is the general consensus among much of the "believers" in GOD.

Any consensus among believers is just so much hot air until they produce evidence to back up their claims. You're a fine one to be talking about consensus anyway since you've created your own little theology.

You need help pops. Get some.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post