3 Physicists win Nobel prize in Physics 2016 for revealing the secrets of Exotic Matt

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-10-2016, 02:52 AM
3 Physicists win Nobel prize in Physics 2016 for revealing the secrets of Exotic Matt
The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences has decided to award the Nobel Prize in Physics 2016 with one half to David J. Thouless University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA and the other half to F. Duncan M. Haldane Princeton University, NJ, USA and J. Michael Kosterlitz Brown University, Providence, RI, USA for theoretical discoveries of topological phase transitions and topological phases of matter.

They revealed the secrets of exotic matter.

This year’s Laureates opened the door on an unknown world where matter can assume strange states. They have used advanced mathematical methods to study unusual phases, or states, of matter, such as superconductors, superfluids or thin magnetic films. Thanks to their pioneering work, the hunt is now on for new and exotic phases of matter. Many people are hopeful of future applications in both materials science and electronics.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2016, 03:04 AM
RE: 3 Physicists win Nobel prize in Physics 2016 for revealing the secrets of Exotic Matt
(05-10-2016 02:52 AM)Karthikaqpt Wrote:  The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences has decided to award the Nobel Prize in Physics 2016 with one half to David J. Thouless University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA and the other half to F. Duncan M. Haldane Princeton University, NJ, USA and J. Michael Kosterlitz Brown University, Providence, RI, USA for theoretical discoveries of topological phase transitions and topological phases of matter.

They revealed the secrets of exotic matter.

This year’s Laureates opened the door on an unknown world where matter can assume strange states. They have used advanced mathematical methods to study unusual phases, or states, of matter, such as superconductors, superfluids or thin magnetic films. Thanks to their pioneering work, the hunt is now on for new and exotic phases of matter. Many people are hopeful of future applications in both materials science and electronics.

Yes, this and work on graphene and other exotic states of carbon, shows promise for another revolution in science and technology.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
05-10-2016, 05:47 AM
RE: 3 Physicists win Nobel prize in Physics 2016 for revealing the secrets of Exotic Matt
Eyes still fuzzy from lack of coffee --- and I wondered ----

Why the hell would you study some guy named Erotic Matt -- and why the fuck would you get a Nobel prize for it??????

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
05-10-2016, 06:16 AM
(05-10-2016 05:47 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Eyes still fuzzy from lack of coffee --- and I wondered ----

Why the hell would you study some guy named Erotic Matt -- and why the fuck would you get a Nobel prize for it??????

On an archaeological dig in a cave in N. Wales the boss insisted on using the term "exotics" for rocks that had been dragged there by glaciers, rocks in the wrong place.

The accepted term is actually "erratics", so we decided they were "errotics".

[+] 1 user Likes Gloucester's post
05-10-2016, 08:11 AM
(05-10-2016 06:16 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  
(05-10-2016 05:47 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Eyes still fuzzy from lack of coffee --- and I wondered ----

On an archaeological dig in a cave in N. Wales the boss insisted on using the term "exotics" for rocks that had been dragged there by glaciers, rocks in the wrong place.

The accepted term is actually "erratics", so we decided they were "errotics".

Years back I bought a pair of cheap Chinese made r/c cars for my nephew -- and they had the following warning label on the battery compartment ----

"Warning - low batteries may cause erotic responses"....

Odd -- in my experience - women usually complain about the reverse.....

Rolleyes

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
05-10-2016, 12:25 PM
I know a Matt. He's weird, but I wouldn't say he's *exotic*.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
05-10-2016, 01:02 PM
(05-10-2016 12:25 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I know a Matt. He's weird, but I wouldn't say he's *exotic*.

Nor "erotic"?