3 days till the end.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-02-2012, 01:58 PM
RE: 3 days till the end.
Ok so most people will agree that its best not to let the public know....maybe a few would let on.

A year before the event you are still in power and the same trusted and reknowned scientist and his huge multinational team find some alarming results in a connection between tumours/cancer in people through wi/fi and mobile phones......the numbers are small maybe 0.5% of the world population is proven to be affected but for some reason the growth is expected to shoot up to an estimated 15% in 30-40 years time. (this is all hypothetical of course)

Do you announce the news to the public???

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2012, 03:36 PM
(11-02-2012 01:58 PM)bemore Wrote:  Ok so most people will agree that its best not to let the public know....maybe a few would let on.

A year before the event you are still in power and the same trusted and reknowned scientist and his huge multinational team find some alarming results in a connection between tumours/cancer in people through wi/fi and mobile phones......the numbers are small maybe 0.5% of the world population is proven to be affected but for some reason the growth is expected to shoot up to an estimated 15% in 30-40 years time. (this is all hypothetical of course)

This is great news actually.
Finally a solution for the overpopulation of the planet.

wait... is this even the "philosophical dodgeball-tread"?

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
[+] 1 user Likes Observer's post
11-02-2012, 06:10 PM
(11-02-2012 03:36 PM)Observer Wrote:  
(11-02-2012 01:58 PM)bemore Wrote:  Ok so most people will agree that its best not to let the public know....maybe a few would let on.

This is great news actually.
Finally a solution for the overpopulation of the planet.

wait... is this even the "philosophical dodgeball-tread"?

Ha ha.

Im just giving some pretty random scenarios to see peoples opinions on what must be pretty tough decisions......to see how far people may possibly go "for the greater good"

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
11-02-2012, 06:17 PM
(11-02-2012 06:10 PM)bemore Wrote:  Im just giving some pretty random scenarios to see peoples opinions on what must be pretty tough decisions......to see how far people may possibly go "for the greater good"
"Zat-light"? Tongue

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
[+] 2 users Like Observer's post
11-02-2012, 07:33 PM
In scenario 2, I would indeed warn the public. Hopefully people would stop using cell phones, but they wouldn't. At least I would be able to sleep at night.

Scenario 1 had no real solution, so it was all about how to get to the end game. I think most of us wouldn't want to know when we are going to die, and I think that if we all knew the world would end tomorrow bad things would happen.
Scenario 2 could actually be benefited by the public being aware.

I like Zat-light. It's less ... argumentative.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
12-02-2012, 10:44 AM
(11-02-2012 07:33 PM)lucradis Wrote:  In scenario 2, I would indeed warn the public.

How would the public be benefitted???

So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
12-02-2012, 11:16 AM
Through the research the cure to something else could arise or possibly even the cure to cell phone cancer this saving people the pain in the meantime.
Or at the very least it could serve as a distraction for the impending disaster. Plus I hate cell phones so I'd at least likely see a reduction in asshole cell users.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
12-02-2012, 11:19 AM
(11-02-2012 07:33 PM)lucradis Wrote:  In scenario 2, I would indeed warn the public. Hopefully people would stop using cell phones, but they wouldn't. At least I would be able to sleep at night.

Scenario 1 had no real solution, so it was all about how to get to the end game. I think most of us wouldn't want to know when we are going to die, and I think that if we all knew the world would end tomorrow bad things would happen.

I like Zat-light. It's less ... argumentative.

You're also allowed some levity. Big Grin

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
12-02-2012, 11:19 AM
Humans don't want me in charge. I'd let them die =p
I'm on Observer's side, anything to thin this oversized population.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
[+] 1 user Likes Lilith Pride's post
12-02-2012, 09:29 PM
(12-02-2012 11:19 AM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  Humans don't want me in charge. I'd let them die =p
I'm on Observer's side, anything to thin this oversized population.

Would you include yourself on the list Confused

Big Grin

So I say nothing.

-Bemore.