3 days till the end.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-02-2012, 10:03 AM
RE: 3 days till the end.
Always, I'm always willing to be thrown in the hat of random selection for population thinning. I like to be fair and anyway it wouldn't be a huge deal. If I survive I'll just do what I can.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Lilith Pride's post
13-02-2012, 11:33 AM
I wouldn't tell anyone except for maybe my wife and daugther. If it's gonna happen and there is nothing we can do to stop it then why create a stir. Only 2 things can happen by telling anyone. Massive riots and chaos if they believe you or, if they don't, you get placed in an insane asylum for your last 72 hours.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post
15-02-2012, 05:18 AM
The way I procrastinate?
It’ll be a week before I get around to sorting out a press release!
And who the hell put me in charge?

The thinning of the population sounds like a good idea; motorcycles would be the way to do this as they have a tendency of eliminating the unlucky and unobservant early on, with the over confident a little while later.

Don’t get upset, I ride too.

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Karl's post
18-02-2012, 05:54 AM
Another dodgy scenario I would like people to consider.

You are the heir to a large pharmacutical company, soon after you take over your team makes a huge leap in making drugs to treat HIV/Aids...soon afterwards your pharamcutical company is providing drugs to govermental and private systems all over the world and your profits soar and you and your shareholders all become very rich from this.

Two years later, one of your team seems to think that they have found a TOTAL cure to the treatment you have been selling but they need your approvement for funding to bring this cure to the world.

Law states that ALL of the research done by this person belongs to you and the company.......which means that if that person leaves they cannot take anything with them..(notes, research etc etc)

So what do you do???

Do you continue to keep profiting massivly from the treatment or do you promote the cure which will ultimatly lose you money???

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
18-02-2012, 05:59 AM (This post was last modified: 18-02-2012 06:01 AM by morondog.)
(18-02-2012 05:54 AM)bemore Wrote:  Another dodgy scenario I would like people to consider.

You are the heir to a large pharmacutical company, soon after you take over your team makes a huge leap in making drugs to treat HIV/Aids...soon afterwards your pharamcutical company is providing drugs to govermental and private systems all over the world and your profits soar and you and your shareholders all become very rich from this.

Two years later, one of your team seems to think that they have found a TOTAL cure to the treatment you have been selling but they need your approvement for funding to bring this cure to the world.

Law states that ALL of the research done by this person belongs to you and the company.......which means that if that person leaves they cannot take anything with them..(notes, research etc etc)

So what do you do???

Do you continue to keep profiting massivly from the treatment or do you promote the cure which will ultimatly lose you money???

Promote the cure.

People will love you forever, selling the cure will probably equally make as much money.

Even if the cure must be provided free and yada yada yada, your company will find a better way to make money anyway - switch to doing something else, you have a lot of expertise and resources, it will be easy to do this.
I'm pretty sure that if you asked your shareholders that question they would also vote for the cure. Rich does not equate to evil.
Also if you are close to a cure other pharm companies will also be close - first to release it becomes best loved pharm company in the world - makes business sense.
18-02-2012, 06:12 AM
(18-02-2012 05:59 AM)morondog Wrote:  Promote the cure.

People will love you forever, selling the cure will probably equally make as much money.

Even if the cure must be provided free and yada yada yada, your company will find a better way to make money anyway - switch to doing something else, you have a lot of expertise and resources, it will be easy to do this.
I'm pretty sure that if you asked your shareholders that question they would also vote for the cure. Rich does not equate to evil.
Also if you are close to a cure other pharm companies will also be close - first to release it becomes best loved pharm company in the world - makes business sense.

What happens if you cant patent the cure........what happens if the cure is so simple anybody could do it???

Would you still promote it.......and potentially finish off your pharamacutical company???

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
18-02-2012, 06:25 AM (This post was last modified: 18-02-2012 06:34 AM by morondog.)
(18-02-2012 06:12 AM)bemore Wrote:  
(18-02-2012 05:59 AM)morondog Wrote:  Promote the cure.

What happens if you cant patent the cure........what happens if the cure is so simple anybody could do it???

Would you still promote it.......and potentially finish off your pharamacutical company???

I believe all my points still apply. Still makes business sense to do it.

Apologies but I didn't watch the movie. It had no obvious boobs in it.
There is *no way*, even if your entire revenue came from your products for combatting this disease which you've just cured, there is *no way* that this would drive your company under. The publicity and praise would make people eager to be customers - you'd just have to find a new product line.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
18-02-2012, 06:53 AM
(18-02-2012 06:25 AM)morondog Wrote:  It had no obvious boobs in it.

Ohhhh suit you sir

I cant disagree with what you have to say.....I dont think morals and business mix though in todays world.

So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
18-02-2012, 07:27 AM
(18-02-2012 06:53 AM)bemore Wrote:  

Ohhhh suit you sir

I cant disagree with what you have to say.....I dont think morals and business mix though in todays world.

Big Grin

About the morals and business...

I think you're right. One problem is that decisions are rarely so clear cut as your thought experiment. For instance pharm companies do make massive profits out of designer drugs, even some from crap like homeopathic remedies...
18-02-2012, 09:48 AM
(18-02-2012 06:53 AM)bemore Wrote:  

Ohhhh suit you sir

I think you've found the cure you mentioned in an earlier post.

Also, I saw a recent vampire movie with the same sort of scenario. I got distracted from searching for the film title because of your cure, but I can say that things don't turn out well for those who withhold the cure!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel