3 gifts were enough for Jesus-children should only get 3 gifts for Christmas

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-12-2013, 07:23 PM
3 gifts were enough for Jesus-children should only get 3 gifts for Christmas
I was having a discussion about Christmas gift giving for children with a bunch of moms on Facebook. I live in North Carolina so I hear this sentiment of "Jesus only got 3 gifts so I only get my child 3 gifts." often.

most of the other families on the thread had some way of figuring out what the right amount was for their family, either with a $ value, or # of gifts per child, or gifts with a certain purpose (a gift for outside, a gift for their brain, a gift from the wish list), whatever the method…it seemed like many families had some sort of plan that worked for them.

I know many people were raised in Christian homes, did your parents do the 3 gift Jesus rule? did it work well? I'm curious how the kids feel about it.

As a parent it would drive me nuts….what if I happened to come upon this really awesome thing that I know my child would just LOVE to receive as a gift…but since I already bought 3 things then my child wouldn't get it under the tree.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2013, 07:29 PM
RE: 3 gifts were enough for Jesus-children should only get 3 gifts for Christmas
Yes............ I got 3 gifts for Christmas. And yes, I remember why.Blush

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
05-12-2013, 07:35 PM
RE: 3 gifts were enough for Jesus-children should only get 3 gifts for Christmas
I don't ask for anything and I get like 10 things I never use. I don't even remember what I got last year..or even if I still have them..huh. Although I think people just say that, I'm sure those kids are spoiled rotten like I was Smile...am.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
[+] 1 user Likes grizzlysnake's post
05-12-2013, 08:08 PM
3 gifts hell!!!! I think the kid got way more than that.

He was the first one to get an actual star (of course, as the creator, that weren't no big deal), he got the three smelly things (tho what a newborn did with that stuff is beyond me), he got angels singin', sheep herders singin', all the animal "fertilizer" in the stable, a magical mom, and a silent dad ....and the emperor had all the other newborns killed!!!

Now THAT'S a birthday!

"People don't go to heaven when they die; they're taken to a special room and burned!" Evil_monster
[+] 2 users Like RaisdCath's post
05-12-2013, 08:13 PM
You know what? We should've gotten everything that Jesus got. No exceptions. I'm telling ya we got screwed with random gifts you buy at a store. Wheres my fucking gold!

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
[+] 1 user Likes grizzlysnake's post
05-12-2013, 08:15 PM
Mommy, food, and shelter. shut up, kid. Dodgy

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
05-12-2013, 09:30 PM
What ever happened to those gifts? You never hear about Jeezus using them or remembering them fondly. I'm betting Joseph hocked them and frittered away the moolah. Did Jeezus ever *really* get those gifts? Maybe kids should just get to look at a a few things, then take them back to the store or something..

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
05-12-2013, 09:43 PM
Always wondered about that... I mean surely Mary and Joseph could have done with something a bit more useful than gold, frankincense and myrrh...

What the fuck is a baby gonna do with that shit?

Wise men my arse...

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
06-12-2013, 12:08 AM
Never heard about the 3 gift Jesus rule so I guess me and my brothers dodged a bullet on that one Smile. I think the general rule was making sure the number of presents were the same.
[+] 1 user Likes Yasmin's post
06-12-2013, 12:20 AM
(05-12-2013 08:08 PM)RaisdCath Wrote:  ... and a silent dad ....

I'd never thought of this before but imagine what Jesus got for his birthday from him dad every year.

"... and this one's from me, son."

"Aw, thanks dad. Let me guess, is it made of wood?"

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post