3 questions for atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 1.5 Average
28-12-2013, 11:34 PM
RE: 3 questions for atheists
(28-12-2013 10:46 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(28-12-2013 08:50 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  ...
I would prefer that it's not moved as I expect this is meant to be for gladiatorial combat based on the mockingbird bouncer who showed up? I'm not going to begin a shit throwing match, I can't be bothered.

And yet... sigh!

My point was that your deliciously provocative thread did not belong in Atheism vs. Theism because you seem to be wanting to discuss atheism vs. agnosticism.

Drinking Beverage

You can't be that surprised, I'm sure Shaniqua does this with all non-atheists who dare to question it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-12-2013, 11:34 PM
(28-12-2013 11:31 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(28-12-2013 10:48 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  You don't speak for my frame of mind, I am quite amused. Red herring is Red.

Wishful thinking is Wishful.

No, they haven't at all, and you can't make them so by simply claiming they are. You aren't fooling anyone with your pathetic ruse.

Oh, yet another Ad Hominem Fallacy. Doesn't matter if I am a cunt or not. You are still running away from every single refutation of your bullshit that I have posed.

Run, Rabbit, Run!

I don't have to repeat anything. Every bit of it is monumental and destroys your silly shell game. You can take it one point at a time if you like. We al have nothing but time here.

Apparently you WOULD, since you are squirming as hard as you can to avoid every single bit of it.

If you can actually bring up a relevant point that would be a start

Already done many times over, Mr. Black Knight. Start addressing them, you have a lot of work to do.

[Image: monty-python-black-knight.jpg]

Quote:until then you could just work off of the assumption that you must be right as you're a cunt?

Run, Rabbit, Run.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
28-12-2013, 11:42 PM
(28-12-2013 10:50 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I begin to see your problem. So you actually think that ONLY Islamists planned, and carried out the attacks against the towers *just happens* to be a coincidence. I see "agnosticism" to you is the same as purposeful fucking ignorant denial of the facts.

Let's see if you can see any similarity between american's foreign policy and your inability to grasp that other people speak English apart from Americans.

The funny thing is Americans decided to re-spell some words and then you said my sentence doesn't make sense.

Very good.Thumbsup

Also re your facts statement, this seemed to be the most appropriate.

[Image: Penguins_Logic.jpg]
28-12-2013, 11:45 PM
(28-12-2013 11:34 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(28-12-2013 11:31 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  If you can actually bring up a relevant point that would be a start

Already done many times over, Mr. Black Knight. Start addressing them, you have a lot of work to do.

Quote:until then you could just work off of the assumption that you must be right as you're a cunt?

Run, Rabbit, Run.

Ok since we're playing that game, I've addressed them. Until you bring up something or link to it, sorry your fun will be over. I don't have time nor the inclination to address an angsty teen rebelling against their parents religion.
28-12-2013, 11:59 PM
(28-12-2013 12:36 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  1. Why do you have an active lack of belief? The position comes across as one who wants to be recognised as one who negates any form of god but not have to prove anything.
2. What is the purpose of atheism?
3. Why believe evidence is (or will be) available to confirm or negate a god?
[Image: 1486817_10151889278196840_182863275_n.jpg]

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 2 users Like Hafnof's post
29-12-2013, 12:06 AM
(28-12-2013 11:45 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(28-12-2013 11:34 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Already done many times over, Mr. Black Knight. Start addressing them, you have a lot of work to do.

Run, Rabbit, Run.

Ok since we're playing that game, I've addressed them.

You didn't address a single one of them, liar.

Quote:Until you bring up something or link to it, sorry your fun will be over. I don't have time nor the inclination to address an angsty teen rebelling against their parents religion.

Oh aren't YOU grabbing for straws now. Run. Rabbit, run.

[Image: yo-dawg-i-heard-you-tried-to-troll-y-u-fail-tho.jpg]

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
29-12-2013, 12:24 AM
(28-12-2013 11:34 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  ...
You can't be that surprised, I'm sure Shaniqua does this with all non-atheists who dare to question it.

I have no idea what this means!
Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
29-12-2013, 01:19 AM (This post was last modified: 29-12-2013 01:25 AM by kim.)
(28-12-2013 09:50 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(28-12-2013 07:57 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  It seems like such a pointless endeavour. I'm sceptical to the point of being sceptical whether we will ever have any proof for existence.

"Endeavor" is not spelled that way, neither is "skeptical", and that second sentence has no meaning. Are you referring to your own existence or to that of an entity you call a "god", (but have not defined) ?

Uh, Bucky...
endeavor |enˈdevər| ( Brit. endeavour)
verb
---*---

skeptical |ˈskeptikəl| ( Brit. sceptical)
adjective

However...

(29-12-2013 12:24 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(28-12-2013 11:34 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  ...

I have no idea what this means!
Drinking Beverage

I do not understand what that means, either.
Shaniqua?

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
29-12-2013, 01:45 AM
(28-12-2013 11:59 PM)Hafnof Wrote:  
(28-12-2013 12:36 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  1. Why do you have an active lack of belief? The position comes across as one who wants to be recognised as one who negates any form of god but not have to prove anything.
2. What is the purpose of atheism?
3. Why believe evidence is (or will be) available to confirm or negate a god?
[Image: 1486817_10151889278196840_182863275_n.jpg]

What a strange picture. Science does not denounce god. I know many religious people believe science to be true. Picking soft targets such as creationists and portraying them as all religious people is disingenuous and shows why many people consider the neo-atheists views to be pushing an agenda. Me for one.
29-12-2013, 01:51 AM (This post was last modified: 29-12-2013 01:55 AM by Brownshirt.)
(29-12-2013 01:19 AM)kim Wrote:  
(28-12-2013 09:50 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  "Endeavor" is not spelled that way, neither is "skeptical", and that second sentence has no meaning. Are you referring to your own existence or to that of an entity you call a "god", (but have not defined) ?

Uh, Bucky...
endeavor |enˈdevər| ( Brit. endeavour)
verb
---*---

skeptical |ˈskeptikəl| ( Brit. sceptical)
adjective

However...

(29-12-2013 12:24 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I have no idea what this means!
Drinking Beverage

I do not understand what that means, either.
Shaniqua?

Phew I was worried those who reach the same conclusion (albeit through different methods) weren't going to back each other up there. Then I saw the the "However" and my faith was restored.

As Taqiyya looks like an Afro-American name and she responds like it, I thought I'd call her Shaniqua.

What it's a bad play on a book title and she's not a she, just a bitch? I'm stunned.Shocking