3 questions for atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 1.5 Average
19-01-2014, 06:58 PM
RE: 3 questions for atheists
(19-01-2014 06:50 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(19-01-2014 06:48 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Oh, good.

I still stand by what I said before: you're not 100% correct in saying that.

And what makes you think that The Matrix doesn't tackle the subject of materialism?

I have no idea what you're trying to say.

*sigh*

Fine, I'll re-post my original reply's image to have you understand.

[Image: dude-what-if-matrix.jpg]

From there we got to you talking about how you loved people who thought The Matrix was deep. From there I said "good luck trying to figure out if I did". Then you said it was an ingenious response. You then countered yourself saying I was dreary. I mean, make up your mind.

WARNING: this does not follow full chronological order of any sequence of events. Some parts were left out due to my going to get some food.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-01-2014, 07:06 PM
(19-01-2014 06:58 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  
(19-01-2014 06:50 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  I have no idea what you're trying to say.

*sigh*

From there we got to you talking about how you loved people who thought The Matrix was deep. From there I said "good luck trying to figure out if I did". Then you said it was an ingenious response. You then countered yourself saying I was dreary. I mean, make up your mind.

WARNING: this does not follow full chronological order of any sequence of events. Some parts were left out due to my going to get some food.

You omitted the key parts and missed what I was asking. I couldn't care less about trying to figure out if you did.

Try answering the question. It has a "?" at the end of it.
19-01-2014, 07:12 PM
(19-01-2014 07:06 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(19-01-2014 06:58 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  *sigh*

You omitted the key parts and missed what I was asking. I couldn't care less about trying to figure out if you did.

If you can type out a "?" I don't see why you can't type the question in full. Look at the wonderful job I did so far - I even used the image tags.

19-01-2014, 07:15 PM
(19-01-2014 07:12 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  
(19-01-2014 07:06 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  You omitted the key parts and missed what I was asking. I couldn't care less about trying to figure out if you did.

If you can type out a "?" I don't see why you can't type the question in full. Look at the wonderful job I did so far - I even used the image tags.

Nah you've bored me. Well done.
19-01-2014, 07:26 PM
(19-01-2014 07:15 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(19-01-2014 07:12 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  If you can type out a "?" I don't see why you can't type the question in full. Look at the wonderful job I did so far - I even used the image tags.

It's been known to happen.

So now that we're not talking about that anymore, maybe you should go watch the greatest most fucking deep movie on Earth: The Matrix.

[Image: 45028608.jpg]

19-01-2014, 07:37 PM
(19-01-2014 07:15 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(19-01-2014 07:12 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  If you can type out a "?" I don't see why you can't type the question in full. Look at the wonderful job I did so far - I even used the image tags.

Good. So go the fuck away.

[Image: 43873369.jpg]

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
19-01-2014, 07:42 PM
Re: RE: 3 questions for atheists
(19-01-2014 04:26 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(19-01-2014 03:17 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  How? How about you be intellectual honest point opposed to making assertions and complain about your inferred views.

I'm actually willing to accept my positions may be wrong. Even skeptical of that materialistic view, but no other valid claim overshadows it.

Why are you okay with making assertions?

How would you expect materialism to be proven wrong?

You've entered a point of answering no questions and repeating nonsense proclamations. Typical tactics of someone refusing to accept their position.

Again, why would I have a concept of knowing how to "expect it?" You seem to have no understanding of how to pose questions without presumptions behind them.

I don't know how materialism could be shown to be wrong or if it could be. That's my answer... it's not presuming to have knowledge of an answer.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
19-01-2014, 07:45 PM
You still can't answer

How can materialism be proven to be wrong?

Yay scepticism to everything bar materialism. Hard to take it seriously isn't it?
19-01-2014, 07:49 PM
(19-01-2014 07:45 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  You still can't answer

How can materialism be proven to be wrong?

Yay scepticism to everything bar materialism. Hard to take it seriously isn't it?

Have your immaterial gawd show up and do some parlour tricks. And disappear into thin air.

[Image: 43873369.jpg]

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 2 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
19-01-2014, 07:53 PM (This post was last modified: 19-01-2014 07:57 PM by Brownshirt.)
(19-01-2014 07:42 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(19-01-2014 04:26 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  How would you expect materialism to be proven wrong?

You've entered a point of answering no questions and repeating nonsense proclamations. Typical tactics of someone refusing to accept their position.

Again, why would I have a concept of knowing how to "expect it?" You seem to have no understanding of how to pose questions without presumptions behind them.

I don't know how materialism could be shown to be wrong or if it could be. That's my answer... it's not presuming to have knowledge of an answer.

It seems you have trouble deciphering questions and proclamations. That I repeat a question is due to it not being answered. Sorry bout that.Wink

You require evidence to accept an assertion. All evidence is either material or the product of a material process. Your entire basis works towards a materialist conclusion, that you claim to not know is a red herring, you've already chosen a materialist conclusion.

What evidence could you accept which would not be material? If you really consider yourself to not know whether materialism is true, I see no reason for you to expect evidence to be presented. All you could ever do is rationalise something, if there is a deity wtf are you expecting, a cosmic fingerprint or something?

Your perspective makes no sense whatsoever.