3 questions for atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 1.5 Average
22-01-2014, 03:23 PM
RE: 3 questions for atheists
(22-01-2014 08:36 AM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  At this point Chip Shop would probably want me to talk to him directly, but nah. He's not worth it as he's got a hard on for me and is trying to make my experience so uncomfortable that I'd leave. What I'm writing here is for all those who are wondering what's going on.

For one, he wants me to leave the forum. Someone said I'd left the forum because of him last year. That's not the case. He's not privy to PM's so his guess is as good as yours and it is probably wrong. He's pissed I came back. I mean, if you're gonna feel good thinking you had made someone feel so uncomfortable and they left, you'd try even harder at it when they returned. That tactic won't work well with Chip Shop as the more he does this, the more he runs the risk of it backfiring completely on him.

The only way I'd leave this forum due to his account were if Chippy aimed a physical threat directly at me. I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to go that far as he's invested time posting on here. He's just doing his best to circle the wagons with more users on the forum (take Brownshirt for example) and continue his verbal assault.

His general dislike of me is understandable: come on, he's tries to discredit time and time again me and I'm not phased by him... that usually makes a bad case of the blue balls in his endeavors. It's not my fault he thinks he's the reason I took time off.

I hope you have all found this both entertaining and insightful.

And yes, Brownshirt, I hope the weather improves. It's been shit here for the past week.

You sound as if you take things too personally. People will get different things from being here. I'm sure Tourettes gets something, maybe just a tic release for him but if that's what he needs so be it. You tried to jump on the wagon as well, so try not to preach too much otherwise you'll just look like a hypocrite.

It's interesting to see the responses of the pack when they're isolated though.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-01-2014, 03:35 PM
(22-01-2014 03:06 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(22-01-2014 02:53 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Is it over yet? What's the score? I lost track.

The goalpost moved too much for us to score, and Browny shanked every one he put up. So it's tied......I guess.

Ahhh I see your problem now, your metaphors illustrate this perfectly.I'm aiming for a hole, while you're trying to score a goal.

The holes I have proposed have remained the same the whole time.

Agnosticism does not focus on what you know. If you have read Kant's critique of pure reason, I believe his to be as valid as we can achieve. Yet I don't share his theistic views.

Those atheists who lack belief, also lacks purpose. It would make more sense to claim an anti-theist position.

You seem to think that as you have told me on numerous occasions your perspective that I my view must comply with yours. Very peculiar given my view contradicts yours. How would you propose that I would demonstrate that I understand your position, but still maintain my own?
22-01-2014, 03:41 PM
(22-01-2014 03:35 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(22-01-2014 03:06 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  The goalpost moved too much for us to score, and Browny shanked every one he put up. So it's tied......I guess.

Ahhh I see your problem now, your metaphors illustrate this perfectly.I'm aiming for a hole, while you're trying to score a goal.

Agnosticism does not focus on what you know. If you have read Kant's critique of pure reason, I believe his to be as valid as we can achieve. Yet I don't share his theistic views.

Those atheists who lack belief, also lacks purpose. It would make more sense to claim an anti-theist position.

You seem to think that as you have told me on numerous occasions your perspective that I my view must comply with yours. Very peculiar given my view contradicts yours. How would you propose that I would demonstrate that I understand your position, but still maintain my own?

You have not succeeded in convincing anyone here that your view is correct.

I don't particularly care what view you hold, but you have come here and said that anyone who doesn't share your view is wrong.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
22-01-2014, 03:56 PM
(22-01-2014 03:41 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-01-2014 03:35 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Ahhh I see your problem now, your metaphors illustrate this perfectly.I'm aiming for a hole, while you're trying to score a goal.

You have not succeeded in convincing anyone here that your view is correct.

I don't particularly care what view you hold, but you have come here and said that anyone who doesn't share your view is wrong.

I didn't expect to. It's not as if this is new ground.

You have not convinced me that your view is correct. Hence the impase.

One key contradiction in your perspective for me is focusing on the difference between belief and knowledge. I imagine many here would only believe if they knew, which makes the distinction redundant.

I also suspect that not many would be a gnostic atheist, where the gnostic would be knowing a god to exist but lacked belief in it. So using these terms as distinct categories, only serves to create contradictory and pointless categories. The use of agnosticism again becomes a pointless category in the atheist's arsenal. I realise you want to justify as little as possible in your approach, but it's actually quite useful than just yelling "no", "why" or random pictures.
22-01-2014, 04:24 PM
(22-01-2014 08:36 AM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  At this point Chip Shop would probably want me to talk to him directly, but nah. He's not worth it as he's got a hard on for me and is trying to make my experience so uncomfortable that I'd leave. What I'm writing here is for all those who are wondering what's going on.

For one, he wants me to leave the forum. Someone said I'd left the forum because of him last year. That's not the case. He's not privy to PM's so his guess is as good as yours and it is probably wrong. He's pissed I came back. I mean, if you're gonna feel good thinking you had made someone feel so uncomfortable and they left, you'd try even harder at it when they returned. That tactic won't work well with Chip Shop as the more he does this, the more he runs the risk of it backfiring completely on him.

The only way I'd leave this forum due to his account were if Chippy aimed a physical threat directly at me. I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to go that far as he's invested time posting on here. He's just doing his best to circle the wagons with more users on the forum (take Brownshirt for example) and continue his verbal assault.

His general dislike of me is understandable: come on, he's tries to discredit time and time again me and I'm not phased by him... that usually makes a bad case of the blue balls in his endeavors. It's not my fault he thinks he's the reason I took time off.

I hope you have all found this both entertaining and insightful.

And yes, Brownshirt, I hope the weather improves. It's been shit here for the past week.

Incoherent and unhinged ramblings as usual but this time with some paranoia themes.
22-01-2014, 07:18 PM
(22-01-2014 10:16 AM)Dom Wrote:  Chippy, what a weirdo you are!

Look at the post that precedes your post. Read it closely.

Quote: On one hand, you can think perfectly clearly.

There is no "on the one hand". I can think perfectly clearly.

Quote: On the other hand, all the clear thinking in the world cannot keep you from being an utter ass.

There is no "On the other hand" either: I can think perfectly clearly.

Quote:There is something very wrong with you.

No, there is something very wrong with Tourettes and Cheapthrillseaker and pointing that out doesn't mean that there is "something very wrong with" me. At worst you could accuse me of lacking etiquette but it is evident to anyone that is prepared to be honest that Tourettes and Cheapthrillseaker both exhibit disordered and disturbed behaviour. I'm not paranoid, I don't have an obsession with posting images, my posts are not only coherent they are lucid and I don't appear to have tics that I resolve by obsessive posting of dross.
22-01-2014, 07:26 PM
(22-01-2014 07:18 PM)Chippy Wrote:  
(22-01-2014 10:16 AM)Dom Wrote:  Chippy, what a weirdo you are!

Look at the post that precedes your post. Read it closely.

Quote: On one hand, you can think perfectly clearly.

There is no "on the one hand". I can think perfectly clearly.

Quote: On the other hand, all the clear thinking in the world cannot keep you from being an utter ass.

There is no "On the other hand" either: I can think perfectly clearly.

Quote:There is something very wrong with you.

No, there is something very wrong with Tourettes and Cheapthrillseaker and pointing that out doesn't mean that there is "something very wrong with" me. At worst you could accuse me of lacking etiquette but it is evident to anyone that is prepared to be honest that Tourettes and Cheapthrillseaker both exhibit disordered and disturbed behaviour. I'm not paranoid, I don't have an obsession with posting images, my posts are not only coherent they are lucid and I don't appear to have tics that I resolve by obsessive posting of dross.

I just think you're rude is all. Anyways, can you read through the whole thread and give your opinion on BS? I would like to know what you think of his debate skills. Just curious.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
22-01-2014, 07:41 PM
(22-01-2014 07:26 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I just think you're rude is all. Anyways, can you read through the whole thread and give your opinion on BS? I would like to know what you think of his debate skills. Just curious.
I for one would be more interested to see what Chippy has to say about the topic itself. Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
22-01-2014, 07:46 PM
(22-01-2014 08:36 AM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  At this point Chip Shop would probably want me to talk to him directly, but nah.

No, I'm happy for you to keep your psychosis to yourself.

Quote: He's not worth it as he's got a hard on for me and is trying to make my experience so uncomfortable that I'd leave.

Paranoia.

Quote:What I'm writing here is for all those who are wondering what's going on.

You can't even figure out what is occurring in your own head so you have no hope of figuring out what is happening in someone else's.

Quote:For one, he wants me to leave the forum.

You've already expressed that paranoic idea.

Quote:Someone said I'd left the forum because of him last year. That's not the case.

Someone?

Quote:He's not privy to PM's so his guess is as good as yours and it is probably wrong.

Who is "He"? Me? The "someone" that said you left the forum? You are tripping up in your own paranoid narrative.

Quote:He's pissed I came back.

Paranoid fantasy.

Quote: I mean, if you're gonna feel good thinking you had made someone feel so uncomfortable and they left, you'd try even harder at it when they returned.

Paranoid fantasy.

Quote:That tactic won't work well with Chip Shop as the more he does this, the more he runs the risk of it backfiring completely on him.

I'm not doing anything that you describe. The whole narrative is a product of your disordered and disturbed thinking. You have paranoid delusions.

Quote:The only way I'd leave this forum due to his account were if Chippy aimed a physical threat directly at me. I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to go that far as he's invested time posting on here.

That I am in a different hemisphere of the world to you doesn't bear on your paranoid delusional narrative does it?

Quote: He's just doing his best to circle the wagons with more users on the forum (take Brownshirt for example) and continue his verbal assault.

More paranoia and delusions of persecution.

Quote:His general dislike of me is understandable:

Yes it is. You are disturbed and disordered. You are paranoid. Your posts are incoherent and delusional. You are not a person I would trust with children or animals.

Quote: come on, he's tries to discredit time and time again me and I'm not phased by him... that usually makes a bad case of the blue balls in his endeavors.

You are probably the least credible person on this forum. Your own posts have discredited you. You are the one that initiated a poll asking members to guess whether you had male or female genitalia. You are the one that ignores dictionary definitions of words and rambles in your own insane private language.

Quote:It's not my fault he thinks he's the reason I took time off.

I never even noticed that you took time off and I don't care enough about you to try and learn these things.

Quote:I hope you have all found this both entertaining and insightful.

Insightful to the extent that it demonstrates the extent of your paranoid delusions.

It is clear that you aren't playing with a full deck. You live in your own demented world where everyone is out to get you--even if they live in a different hemisphere to you.

The people lending tacit support to your paranoid delusions aren't doing you any favours. Rather than dampen your psychotic thought processes they are inflaming them by giving you cues that your perceptions and cognitions are accurate.
22-01-2014, 07:56 PM
(22-01-2014 07:41 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(22-01-2014 07:26 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I just think you're rude is all. Anyways, can you read through the whole thread and give your opinion on BS? I would like to know what you think of his debate skills. Just curious.
I for one would be more interested to see what Chippy has to say about the topic itself. Consider

I'm not going to give my tacit support to irrational herd or gang behaviour regardless of whether it is against a theist or an atheist. I'm also not going to pretend that someone that clearly exhibits paranoid thought processes is a genuinely aggrieved forum member to which I owe an apology. If anyone is owed an apology it is me for being sucked into someone's paranoid delusions and having baseless accusations leveled against me.