3 questions for atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 1.5 Average
22-01-2014, 09:07 PM
RE: 3 questions for atheists
(22-01-2014 08:28 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(22-01-2014 08:02 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  You won't give an opinion on the subject, so you just came to insult people and that's it? I answered BS's questions honestly and in return he made accusations and insults. That's when I stopped taking him seriously. I wouldn't mind hearing from a rational person who agrees with him though.

So many delicate flowers here. Do you need a hug?Hug

There we go, it's all better now.

What is rational to you? Saying I lack belief, like a rock does? It it acts like a rock, and thinks like a rock, what is it?

You didn't hurt my feelings, love, no worries there.
Rational to me is probably realizing that rocks do not talk.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-01-2014, 09:25 PM
(22-01-2014 09:07 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(22-01-2014 08:28 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  So many delicate flowers here. Do you need a hug?Hug

There we go, it's all better now.

What is rational to you? Saying I lack belief, like a rock does? It it acts like a rock, and thinks like a rock, what is it?

You didn't hurt my feelings, love, no worries there.

Yes, that's correct, rocks don't talk. Well done. It seems as though you may have missed the point. A rock also lacks belief in a god, much the way you do, that is that they lack belief. I will try and be a little more helpful here, atheism as a position lacks a rationale behind it, unless you have a process to reach an atheistic conclusion you may appear as a rock to some people.

I must admit I find it strange that so many here are quite touchy about people challenging their views. I couldn't give a shit what any of you think of me, or my perspective and I would hope you feel the same.

This is only real life for tourettes.
22-01-2014, 09:41 PM
(22-01-2014 09:25 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Yes, that's correct, rocks don't talk. Well done. It seems as though you may have missed the point. A rock also lacks belief in a god, much the way you do, that is that they lack belief.

That is fucking stupid. In technical terms, that is a false analogy. You are a fucking idiot.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
22-01-2014, 09:55 PM
(22-01-2014 09:25 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(22-01-2014 09:07 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  You didn't hurt my feelings, love, no worries there.
**Sorry, insert sarcasm font here**

Yes, that's correct, rocks don't talk. Well done. It seems as though you may have missed the point. A rock also lacks belief in a god, much the way you do, that is that they lack belief. I will try and be a little more helpful here, atheism as a position lacks a rationale behind it, unless you have a process to reach an atheistic conclusion you may appear as a rock to some people.

I must admit I find it strange that so many here are quite touchy about people challenging their views. I couldn't give a shit what any of you think of me, or my perspective and I would hope you feel the same.

As I have said before, call me an atheist, an agnostic, call me whatever you like I don't care. I don't really worry about labels. I first came here because I realized that my God (the Christian one) was not real and I had no one I could talk to about it. I have since formed friendships and decided to stay. You are welcome to challange my views it doesn't bother me. What bothers me is that you attribute views to me which are not my own and then criticize me for having them. Still, even that doesn't really matter. I have a hard time understanding why you can here just to pick a fight, but that's okay.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
22-01-2014, 09:56 PM
(22-01-2014 09:41 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(22-01-2014 09:25 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Yes, that's correct, rocks don't talk. Well done. It seems as though you may have missed the point. A rock also lacks belief in a god, much the way you do, that is that they lack belief.

That is fucking stupid. In technical terms, that is a false analogy. You are a fucking idiot.

If you can't justify a position you hold, then you are correct, you are fucking stupid.
Let me work off "Have no evidence, have no belief". Hobo

Then you need to justify why you believe the evidence is key in assessing this issue. The lack of evidence is obvious, your dependence on this to justify your position is childlike.
22-01-2014, 09:57 PM (This post was last modified: 22-01-2014 10:09 PM by Losty.)
...yea I didn't mean to post this lol.

[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
22-01-2014, 09:58 PM
(22-01-2014 09:56 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(22-01-2014 09:41 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  That is fucking stupid. In technical terms, that is a false analogy. You are a fucking idiot.

If you can't justify a position you hold, then you are correct, you are fucking stupid.

Which is why you are fucking stupid.

22-01-2014, 10:01 PM
(22-01-2014 09:57 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I have a hard time understanding why you can here just to pick a fight, but that's okay.

'Cause

[Image: troll-meme.jpg]

22-01-2014, 10:05 PM
(22-01-2014 09:55 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(22-01-2014 09:25 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Yes, that's correct, rocks don't talk. Well done. It seems as though you may have missed the point. A rock also lacks belief in a god, much the way you do, that is that they lack belief. I will try and be a little more helpful here, atheism as a position lacks a rationale behind it, unless you have a process to reach an atheistic conclusion you may appear as a rock to some people.

As I have said before, call me an atheist, an agnostic, call me whatever you like I don't care. I don't really worry about labels. I first came here because I realized that my God (the Christian one) was not real and I had no one I could talk to about it. I have since formed friendships and decided to stay. You are welcome to challange my views it doesn't bother me. What bothers me is that you attribute views to me which are not my own and then criticize me for having them. Still, even that doesn't really matter. I have a hard time understanding why you can here just to pick a fight, but that's okay.

I enjoy fighting, it's amusing. I have a hard time understanding what the purpose of atheism is. If you're hiding from religion I can understand that, but you'd need to be in a minority for the term atheist to have any value. Even then I would rather be proactive about what I believe, not simply saying I don't believe what you do.
22-01-2014, 10:06 PM
(22-01-2014 09:58 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(22-01-2014 09:56 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  If you can't justify a position you hold, then you are correct, you are fucking stupid.

Which is why you are fucking stupid.

Can you justify anything you say?