3 questions for atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 1.5 Average
22-01-2014, 10:10 PM
RE: 3 questions for atheists
[Image: trolling.jpg]

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-01-2014, 10:13 PM
(22-01-2014 10:05 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  I enjoy trolling, it's amusing.

[Image: fixed.gif]

22-01-2014, 10:16 PM
(22-01-2014 10:05 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(22-01-2014 09:55 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  As I have said before, call me an atheist, an agnostic, call me whatever you like I don't care. I don't really worry about labels. I first came here because I realized that my God (the Christian one) was not real and I had no one I could talk to about it. I have since formed friendships and decided to stay. You are welcome to challange my views it doesn't bother me. What bothers me is that you attribute views to me which are not my own and then criticize me for having them. Still, even that doesn't really matter. I have a hard time understanding why you can here just to pick a fight, but that's okay.

I enjoy fighting, it's amusing. I have a hard time understanding what the purpose of atheism is. If you're hiding from religion I can understand that, but you'd need to be in a minority for the term atheist to have any value. Even then I would rather be proactive about what I believe, not simply saying I don't believe what you do.

I can definitely tell you like to be proactive about your beliefs lol. Like an evangelical agnostic, you knock on our door and tell us we are wrong and you are right. The only way I could be proactive in my beliefs is if I went around trying to deconvert people. I won't do that. I think everyone should have the space to follow their own path and make their own discoveries. I really try not to judge people unless their beliefs harm other people like religious extremists and people like the Pearls.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
22-01-2014, 11:10 PM
(22-01-2014 10:16 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(22-01-2014 10:05 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  I enjoy fighting, it's amusing. I have a hard time understanding what the purpose of atheism is. If you're hiding from religion I can understand that, but you'd need to be in a minority for the term atheist to have any value. Even then I would rather be proactive about what I believe, not simply saying I don't believe what you do.

I can definitely tell you like to be proactive about your beliefs lol. Like an evangelical agnostic, you knock on our door and tell us we are wrong and you are right. The only way I could be proactive in my beliefs is if I went around trying to deconvert people. I won't do that. I think everyone should have the space to follow their own path and make their own discoveries. I really try not to judge people unless their beliefs harm other people like religious extremists and people like the Pearls.

What part of atheism is defensible? The lack of belief due to a lack of evidence, assumes evidence is available or you wouldn't be basing your conclusion on that.

Assessing this as a crime scene is the incorrect path to take due to the obvious lack of evidence for any solution. I don't care if someone doesn't believe, I want to know how you reached this conclusion. If you solely reached it as you thought the bible was bollocks that's incomplete and lazy from my perspective.

Still waiting for someone to outline why atheists differentiate between belief and knowledge, we know why theists do, but why do you?
22-01-2014, 11:21 PM
(22-01-2014 11:10 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  What part of atheism is defensible blah blah blah...

[Image: 45e.jpg]

[Image: 4chan-1296666369639.jpg]

[Image: ac5.jpg]

[Image: ebb.jpg]

[Image: 6d9.jpg]

[Image: 041.gif]

[Image: e68.jpg]

22-01-2014, 11:27 PM (This post was last modified: 22-01-2014 11:30 PM by Taqiyya Mockingbird.)
[Image: 1c3]

[Image: 8f0.jpg]

[Image: dd5.png]

[Image: 667.gif]

[Image: 32e.jpg]

22-01-2014, 11:33 PM
(22-01-2014 11:10 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(22-01-2014 10:16 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I can definitely tell you like to be proactive about your beliefs lol. Like an evangelical agnostic, you knock on our door and tell us we are wrong and you are right. The only way I could be proactive in my beliefs is if I went around trying to deconvert people. I won't do that. I think everyone should have the space to follow their own path and make their own discoveries. I really try not to judge people unless their beliefs harm other people like religious extremists and people like the Pearls.

What part of atheism is defensible? The lack of belief due to a lack of evidence, assumes evidence is available or you wouldn't be basing your conclusion on that.

Assessing this as a crime scene is the incorrect path to take due to the obvious lack of evidence for any solution. I don't care if someone doesn't believe, I want to know how you reached this conclusion. If you solely reached it as you thought the bible was bollocks that's incomplete and lazy from my perspective.

Still waiting for someone to outline why atheists differentiate between belief and knowledge, we know why theists do, but why do you?

Lack of belief based on lack of evidence assumes that evidence is not currently available and most likely never will be.

If you want to know how I reached my conclusion there is a thread here where I tell exactly how I reached it. Whether or find my path to this conclusion to be incomplete or lazy is irrelevant. You see, I have more inportant things in my life to worry about. I am a single parent of three young children and I am studying to take the SAT's so I can finally go to college. I am in the process of taking control of my own life. Maybe one day I will have a more complete process to make you happy, maybe not. It isn't laziness it's a lack of interest. It doesn't matter how you feel about it, just like my opinion on your beliefs doesn't matter.

Belief and knowledge are obviously not the same, in my opinion. You know something then you certainly believe it, but if you believe something that doesn't mean you know it.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
22-01-2014, 11:35 PM
(22-01-2014 10:06 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(22-01-2014 09:58 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Which is why you are fucking stupid.

Can you justify anything you say?

Of course it can't justify anything. The frenetic picture posting and stream of vitriol are compensatory for Tourettes. Tourettes has nothing substantive to say--it just emotes and it is unable to even articulate its emoting in an original or even derivative but intelligent manner.

There really is nothing beyond the pictures and the cliche expletives. Tourettes thinks that a thoroughly hyperbolic expression of incredulity--using its usual shtick--can "refute" any argument. And there are similarly minded idiots that reinforce its idiotic beliefs.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-01-2014, 11:38 PM
You sure are a whiz on that computer. Look at you in action. Momma would be so proud.

[Image: fat_guy_3_24214826.jpg]
22-01-2014, 11:44 PM
Look at Tourettes last two posts. It is difficult to imagine that there is an adult behind that behaviour. As a piece of communication how is it supposed to be received? Tourettes didn't originate any of the images and they are all banalities that have been used hundreds of times. So what are they supposed to signify? They can't signify wit or comedic ability because they are other people's jokes. So what is being communicated besides the unintentional obvious?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chippy's post