3 questions for atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 1.5 Average
23-01-2014, 07:27 PM
RE: 3 questions for atheists
(23-01-2014 07:13 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Split personality? Which Chippy are we talking to today? Bi-polar -- miss taking your meds again?

Don't spread misinformation about mental illness. There is no such thing as "split personality" and bipolar disorder is cycling between mania and depression.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-01-2014, 07:28 PM
(23-01-2014 07:27 PM)Chippy Wrote:  
(23-01-2014 07:13 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Split personality? Which Chippy are we talking to today? Bi-polar -- miss taking your meds again?

Don't spread misinformation about mental illness. There is no such thing as "split personality" and bipolar disorder is cycling between mania and depression.

Ok chippy

Drinking Beverage

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
Find all posts by this user
23-01-2014, 07:32 PM
(23-01-2014 06:42 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(23-01-2014 06:31 PM)Vosur Wrote:  The above post is incredibly void of any reasoning; I must admit I'm quite unimpressed. Drinking Beverage

When I wrote it I considered who was going to read it. Given many of the target audience seems to inherently lack basic cognitive functioning it would be an exercise in futility. This place is like a high school.

Every forum is like a high school because they will always attract the more immature individuals of the population in the same scoops as the normal ones. That's what happens with communities, you get both the good and unsavory elements mixed in. Some people are worse than others; some communities are worse than others, but there is no such thing as a forum without any assholes amongst its membership.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
23-01-2014, 07:38 PM
(23-01-2014 07:23 PM)Chippy Wrote:  
(23-01-2014 07:01 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  I must admit I was hoping for a little more than this from the self-proclaimed thinking atheists.

The level of debate is not significantly better outside of snake pit/melee. You are correct, it is mainly at the high school level and when anyone posts at a level above that they are called a "pompous ass" or they are accused of not knowing anything and somehow Googling it all. If you look at my rating you will see that some idiots think I am just as stupid and ignorant as they are but that I have some special Google search skills. When I ask these people to also use Google and match my apparent knowledge and cogency I get no response. This line of criticism is perplexing because it is treats book reading and graduating from university as incredible and perhaps it is for these idiots that are permanently attached to the teat of popular culture.

Chippy, I think everyone here knows you're smarter than the average bear; obviously well educated and what I'd consider advanced self-educating. Meaning you even go the extra mile to conquer subject matter.

but

You are a pompous ass about it.

LOL

from what others have said.......a few of us just wonder WHY.... why be a pompous ass about it? Isn't the mastery of topics enough? You may know more about something than someone else............groovy. You really don't have to shove someone's face down in the mud with that knowledge. It really does take away from the level of intellect perhaps we'd rather see in you. Maybe you're just so smart it's how you keep yourself humble in a way??
Meh - who knows?
(I know I know it's lame for me to diagnose you this way.........stupid stupid I know)

*shrug*

Just a note from the club of those you hate-on: we are the proud, the forum enjoy-ees, and the many

23-01-2014, 07:48 PM
(23-01-2014 07:32 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Every forum is like a high school because they will always attract the more immature individuals of the population in the same scoops as the normal ones. That's what happens with communities, you get both the good and unsavory elements mixed in. Some people are worse than others; some communities are worse than others, but there is no such thing as a forum without any assholes amongst its membership.

True and sad.

PS:- Our cat can do something more impressive than eat from chopsticks. She knows how to operate lever-style door handles so we have to actually lock the doors to keep her out of rooms. What she does is she jumps up and and over the lever then she extends her two front feet so that as she falls she pulls down on the lever. Then once she has fully depressed the lever she gives it a kick with her back feet to open it. She figured all that out on her own without any guidance from us.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chippy's post
23-01-2014, 07:50 PM
(23-01-2014 07:48 PM)Chippy Wrote:  
(23-01-2014 07:32 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Every forum is like a high school because they will always attract the more immature individuals of the population in the same scoops as the normal ones. That's what happens with communities, you get both the good and unsavory elements mixed in. Some people are worse than others; some communities are worse than others, but there is no such thing as a forum without any assholes amongst its membership.

True and sad.

PS:- Our cat can do something more impressive than eat from chopsticks. She knows how to operate lever-style door handles so we have to actually lock the doors to keep her out of rooms. What she does is she jumps up and and over the lever then she extends her two front feet so that as she falls she pulls down on the lever. Then once she has fully depressed the lever she gives it a kick with her back feet to open it. She figured all that out on her own without any guidance from us.

But do Yoooou have video?
Cool

23-01-2014, 07:52 PM
(23-01-2014 07:07 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(23-01-2014 07:01 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Yeah fair enough the high school thing was whiny, I must admit I was hoping for a little more than this from the self-proclaimed thinking atheists. The rest was an observation.

To be fair, when a position rests its position on the burden of proof being on their opponents, its going to end as it begins, nowhere, and not Williams Morris' version.

Well no.........it's fair when you think about it.
This is pretty much Forum 101 - so don't be insulted when i get this said BUT........
If YOU are the one offering assertions then Yooou are the one who must provide the evidence to back up your assertions.
really - it's just that basic.

Right? Doesn't that make sense to you?

You made statements.
People had questions or debated your statements.
what came next?

Cause in all seriousness- folks here will continue to grill you until your answer is satisfactory. Pretty much the drill.
*shrug*

Bloody hell, you've missed what I've said about evidence entirely. Do I need to prove to you that no evidence is coming, how would you suggest this could be done?

Perhaps you will permanently (sans death) not dismiss fairies. Good luck with that.

My assertion is we lack the necessary faculties (as per Kant) to assess this question. I would propose my view is more reflective of rationality given the blatant lack of evidence we hold to fully account for this thing we call existence.

I know you think you don't assert anything, but you implicitly do so by requesting evidence. If you don't expect evidence, why ask for it to justify an assertion on this subject matter? You could easily depend on pink marshmallows or even fairies.

That you don't see your dependence on it, is not an issue with my position.
23-01-2014, 07:55 PM

Meh, arseholes are relative. Tourettes is an example of that.
23-01-2014, 07:58 PM
How many negative votes until I get banned?
23-01-2014, 07:59 PM
(23-01-2014 07:52 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(23-01-2014 07:07 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Well no.........it's fair when you think about it.
This is pretty much Forum 101 - so don't be insulted when i get this said BUT........
If YOU are the one offering assertions then Yooou are the one who must provide the evidence to back up your assertions.
really - it's just that basic.

Right? Doesn't that make sense to you?

You made statements.
People had questions or debated your statements.
what came next?

Cause in all seriousness- folks here will continue to grill you until your answer is satisfactory. Pretty much the drill.
*shrug*

Bloody hell, you've missed what I've said about evidence entirely. Do I need to prove to you that no evidence is coming, how would you suggest this could be done?

Perhaps you will permanently (sans death) not dismiss fairies. Good luck with that.

My assertion is we lack the necessary faculties (as per Kant) to assess this question. I would propose my view is more reflective of rationality given the blatant lack of evidence we hold to fully account for this thing we call existence.

I know you think you don't assert anything, but you implicitly do so by requesting evidence. If you don't expect evidence, why ask for it to justify an assertion on this subject matter? You could easily depend on pink marshmallows or even fairies.

That you don't see your dependence on it, is not an issue with my position.

(1) you think too HARD
Cool

(2) My post was intended to help to diffuse you not make you more irate with me.
Angry

(3) Good to know that MY[1] dependence on necessary evidence is no issue with your position(?) Only makes me wonder, however, what the fuck we're fighting about.
Blink

LMAO

[1] I am not the only person here that requests verifiable evidence when assertions are made. Made true by the words I chose of: Forum 101. But I guess you missed that clue. No biggie. I was only trying to help.

Carry on