3 questions for atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 1.5 Average
23-01-2014, 08:00 PM
RE: 3 questions for atheists
(23-01-2014 07:58 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  How many negative votes until I get banned?

Neg reps are not a criterion for banning, breaking forum rules is. We've had members go past -20 and I think Trainwreck may have hit -30.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-01-2014, 08:01 PM
(23-01-2014 07:58 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  How many negative votes until I get banned?

Why are you worried about being banned? Did you miss the section on forum rules? I don't think I've seen you break any rules.
Blink
You're obstinate and won't discuss when people TRY to discuss with you but that's not against some forum policy as far as I know. That doesn't make you banned - just silly.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 2 users Like WitchSabrina's post
23-01-2014, 08:03 PM (This post was last modified: 23-01-2014 08:07 PM by Brownshirt.)
(23-01-2014 07:59 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(23-01-2014 07:52 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Bloody hell, you've missed what I've said about evidence entirely. Do I need to prove to you that no evidence is coming, how would you suggest this could be done?

Perhaps you will permanently (sans death) not dismiss fairies. Good luck with that.

My assertion is we lack the necessary faculties (as per Kant) to assess this question. I would propose my view is more reflective of rationality given the blatant lack of evidence we hold to fully account for this thing we call existence.

I know you think you don't assert anything, but you implicitly do so by requesting evidence. If you don't expect evidence, why ask for it to justify an assertion on this subject matter? You could easily depend on pink marshmallows or even fairies.

That you don't see your dependence on it, is not an issue with my position.

Quote:(1) you think too HARD
Cool

No, you don't think enough.

Quote:(2) My post was intended to help to diffuse you not make you more irate with me.
Angry

I not remotely annoyed.

Quote:(3) Good to know that MY[1] dependence on necessary evidence is no issue with your position(?) Only makes me wonder, however, what the fuck we're fighting about.
Blink

LMAO

Your expectation of evidence. Please don't be so dramatic, this isn't fighting.

Quote:[1] I am not the only person here that requests verifiable evidence when assertions are made. Made true by the words I chose of: Forum 101. But I guess you missed that clue. No biggie. I was only trying to help.

Carry on

Um yes, I know. Emphasis on the "um".
23-01-2014, 08:07 PM
(23-01-2014 08:01 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  

Why are you worried about being banned? Did you miss the section on forum rules? I don't think I've seen you break any rules.
Blink
You're obstinate and won't discuss when people TRY to discuss with you but that's not against some forum policy as far as I know. That doesn't make you banned - just silly.

No, I wasn't looking for the rules.

The feeling's mutual, just because I'm a minority doesn't make me feel obstinate. If you went to a theist forum, they'd think you were, so who really cares?
23-01-2014, 08:09 PM
(23-01-2014 08:00 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  

Neg reps are not a criterion for banning, breaking forum rules is. We've had members go past -20 and I think Trainwreck may have hit -30.

I will do my best.Wink
[+] 3 users Like Brownshirt's post
23-01-2014, 08:16 PM
(23-01-2014 08:09 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(23-01-2014 08:00 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Neg reps are not a criterion for banning, breaking forum rules is. We've had members go past -20 and I think Trainwreck may have hit -30.

I will do my best.Wink

I could up my -1 to a -2 and send you further along your way if you wanted me to, but I don't think you deserve a -2. I tend to reserve my -2s for egregious assholes or bigots, not people I find to be overly pedantic, hypocritical, and/or evasive.

[+] 2 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
23-01-2014, 08:19 PM
(23-01-2014 08:16 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  
(23-01-2014 08:09 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  I will do my best.Wink

I could up my -1 to a -2 and send you further along your way if you wanted me to, but I don't think you deserve a -2. I tend to reserve my -2s for egregious assholes or bigots, not people I find to be overly pedantic, hypocritical, and/or evasive.

No, it has to be consistent. Otherwise it becomes a pointless achievement.

I would like to hear why you think I'm hypocritical and/or evasive. I might be able to get that extra -1 as a result. Who knows?
23-01-2014, 08:24 PM
(23-01-2014 05:37 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  my analogy of many here claim to hold the same belief a rock holds, I find it contradictory that you say "Lack of belief doesn't really require a position".

It's an idiotic and irrelevant analogy.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
23-01-2014, 08:24 PM
(23-01-2014 08:07 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(23-01-2014 08:01 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Why are you worried about being banned? Did you miss the section on forum rules? I don't think I've seen you break any rules.
Blink

No, I wasn't looking for the rules.

The feeling's mutual, just because I'm a minority doesn't make me feel obstinate. If you went to a theist forum, they'd think you were, so who really cares?

I would never be obstinate in a theist forum............. Noooooooo

I'd not do that to people. My level of sarcasm would be so painful for them it would be willful mercilessness and I'm not wired that way.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
23-01-2014, 08:26 PM
(23-01-2014 08:19 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(23-01-2014 08:16 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  I could up my -1 to a -2 and send you further along your way if you wanted me to, but I don't think you deserve a -2. I tend to reserve my -2s for egregious assholes or bigots, not people I find to be overly pedantic, hypocritical, and/or evasive.

No, it has to be consistent. Otherwise it becomes a pointless achievement.

I would like to hear why you think I'm hypocritical and/or evasive. I might be able to get that extra -1 as a result. Who knows?

Meh, I would tell you why, but then you would feel impelled to defend yourself and that would lead to more debate, which I'm really just not that interested in on this topic anymore. ClydeLee's latest post mostly covers it anyway.

No, I don't think you could earn the extra -1, unless you went Taq on me (he has a -2 from me).

[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post