3 questions for atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 1.5 Average
23-01-2014, 08:26 PM
RE: 3 questions for atheists
Brown
Side note:

Drop the rock thing. Rocks don't think. The analogy just won't work.

lol

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
23-01-2014, 08:30 PM
(23-01-2014 08:26 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  
(23-01-2014 08:19 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  No, it has to be consistent. Otherwise it becomes a pointless achievement.

I would like to hear why you think I'm hypocritical and/or evasive. I might be able to get that extra -1 as a result. Who knows?

Meh, I would tell you why, but then you would feel impelled to defend yourself and that would lead to more debate, which I'm really just not that interested in on this topic anymore. ClydeLee's latest post mostly covers it anyway.

No, I don't think you could earn the extra -1, unless you went Taq on me (he has a -2 from me).

Fair enough, Tourettes is a plonker.
23-01-2014, 08:31 PM
(23-01-2014 08:26 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Brown
Side note:

lol

Is this your sarcasm? This is why it does work.
23-01-2014, 08:32 PM
(23-01-2014 08:31 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(23-01-2014 08:26 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Brown
Side note:

lol

Is this your sarcasm? This is why it does work.

Nope that was Not sarcasm. You'll be able to tell the difference.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
23-01-2014, 08:33 PM
(23-01-2014 05:39 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(23-01-2014 08:11 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Hey. Pussy wannabe internet stalker rentboi. Don't ever PM me again. This is your only warning.

Given your warning of not PMing you again, i will PM you again. Is that what you were after?

"Unleash the memes"!! Hobo Hobo

I'll be after a whole lot more than that if you keep it up.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
23-01-2014, 08:33 PM
(23-01-2014 07:38 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Chippy, I think everyone here knows you're smarter than the average bear; obviously well educated and what I'd consider advanced self-educating. Meaning you even go the extra mile to conquer subject matter.

but

You are a pompous ass about it.

LOL

from what others have said.......a few of us just wonder WHY.... why be a pompous ass about it? Isn't the mastery of topics enough? You may know more about something than someone else............groovy. You really don't have to shove someone's face down in the mud with that knowledge. It really does take away from the level of intellect perhaps we'd rather see in you. Maybe you're just so smart it's how you keep yourself humble in a way??
Meh - who knows?
(I know I know it's lame for me to diagnose you this way.........stupid stupid I know)

*shrug*

Just a note from the club of those you hate-on: we are the proud, the forum enjoy-ees, and the many

It seems that being a "pompous ass" is a very subjective assessment because that charge was made against Maklelan and I did not think he was being a "pompous ass". He actually assumed much more of his audience than he should have and that resulted in many misunderstandings. That he actually assumed more than he should have about his audience suggests that he wasn't trying to be condescending. So despite his clear expertise, intellect and good-faith he still received vitriol from the cheap seats. This would seem to cast doubt on your analysis.

Look at Maklelan's ratings to see there were people beside me that were favourably disposed towards him.

I think Maklelan's posts were not assessed on their own merits but rather through a prejudicial filter. He was labelled as an out-group member and treated accordingly by the bovine herd of this forum. He was even accused of having a fake bio on his blog page. I didn't see you protest against the defamation of Maklelan. Maklelan was much more polite and courteous than I am but it made no difference to his treatment by the bovine herd.

You are really talking about herd behaviour and rationality has very little to do with herd behaviour. It would be irrational to expect rational behaviour from an irrational mob.

Regarding "shov[ing] someone's face down in the mud with that knowledge", that is the penalty for bovine behaviour. In the face of shrill, irrational and atavistic behaviour it is the appropriate response. It is also the appropriate response to intellectual chicanery such as that from Mark Fulton and DocSkeptic. If you are going to erect a paper thin facade of expertise then I will tear it down. It is an incongruity to read complaints about the herd behaviour of religious people and the charlatanry of religious leaders and then to see atheistic counterparts of that behaviour here. It is also slavish to not criticize this behaviour.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-01-2014, 08:34 PM
(23-01-2014 08:33 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(23-01-2014 05:39 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Given your warning of not PMing you again, i will PM you again. Is that what you were after?

"Unleash the memes"!! Hobo Hobo

I'll be after a whole lot more than that if you keep it up.

70th Level Paladin?
23-01-2014, 08:35 PM
(23-01-2014 07:50 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  But do Yoooou have video?
Cool

No unfortunately but I may try and video her. The problem is that she needs to be really motivated to get into the room.
[+] 2 users Like Chippy's post
23-01-2014, 08:37 PM
(23-01-2014 07:32 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  
(23-01-2014 06:42 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  When I wrote it I considered who was going to read it. Given many of the target audience seems to inherently lack basic cognitive functioning it would be an exercise in futility. This place is like a high school.

Every forum is like a high school because they will always attract the more immature individuals of the population in the same scoops as the normal ones. That's what happens with communities, you get both the good and unsavory elements mixed in. Some people are worse than others; some communities are worse than others, but there is no such thing as a forum without any assholes amongst its membership.

I wish more people understood that.

(kitty!!)

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
23-01-2014, 08:38 PM
(23-01-2014 08:34 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(23-01-2014 08:33 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  I'll be after a whole lot more than that if you keep it up.

70th Level Paladin?

What is Tourettes threatening to do? Post more images? Can you withstand that assault?