3 questions for atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 1.5 Average
23-01-2014, 11:23 PM
RE: 3 questions for atheists
(23-01-2014 11:19 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  
(23-01-2014 11:13 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  I laugh every time I remember you going batshit crazy over me calling the bible a bunch of superstitious fairy tales. And yes, that's what you "put me on ignore" <wink wink> over. You have serious control issuesm trying to dictate what people can and cannot say on teh interwebz. Just sayin'.

For somebody that complains about people making shit up, you sure seem to be fond of it yourself.

That was not directed toward you.

Quote:
Quote:Ham-fisted and gauche is part of the charm.

Do you even know what ham-fisted and gauche mean? Because they are not charming qualities in any sense of the word.

[Image: orry001.jpg]

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-01-2014, 11:24 PM
(23-01-2014 11:01 PM)Chippy Wrote:  So you're an expert on Tourette's Disorder are you? So you are a douchebag and a neurologist?

Nope, not an expert. And if there is a tic that requires forum posting to relieve, then I left room for being wrong. You can show me why I'm wrong, and I will gladly concede.

If you're implying that experts on Tourette's are necessarily douchebags and neurologists, that seems easily debunked... Although your own apparent expertise and reference might lend some credence to the douchebag part.

If you simply forgot the emphasis on "and', implying that my "douchebag" status is already established, try italics next time.

Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
23-01-2014, 11:29 PM
(23-01-2014 11:13 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Because you have secretly read every single one of my posts while making a big show of having me on ignore. Rolleyes

I read your posts before I put you on ignore and I am going to return you to ignore because it is just the same shtick from you.

Quote:I laugh every time I remember you going batshit crazy over me calling the bible a bunch of superstitious fairy tales.

So show us the post where this occurred.

Quote: And yes, that's what you "put me on ignore" <wink wink> over.

No I put you on ignore because you post nothing of value. You are staying on ignore because you are still doing that.

Quote:Wiped the walls with your pussy ass, and you put me on ignore for two months.

No this occurred only in your stagnant imagination.

Quote:Understood enough to shred you with one. That I made up myself. Which, as you remember, you said I was incapable of doing.

You can't win an argument on a substantive matter with an internet meme.
You are incapable of creating a humorous internet meme. And again you don't understand internet memes.

Not when they are posted as you do, without any irony.

Quote:And I spent much of my childhood in Europe and Asia;

Yes, your childhood and that is where it appears your cognitive development ceased. It is irrelevant that you spent your childhood in Europe and Asia, you just don't understand postmodern irony. If you did you would not uses internet memes as you do.

Quote:No, I'm reporting back to you your own behaviour. You posted a bunch of internet memes and you concluded: "I trounced your sorry ass". So clearly you believe that the unironic posting of internet memes counts as not only a riposte but also a rebuttal.
Quote:Have I?

Yes, you just repeated that idea in this post:

Wiped the walls with your pussy ass

It is apparent that you think posting an internet meme counts as not only a riposte but also a rebuttal.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chippy's post
23-01-2014, 11:34 PM
Okay, I've got an idea. That is if we can get off the name calling for a minute.

Chippy calls himself an atheist, yet has defended Brownshirt throughout this thread. That's cool by me, it's been a fun exchange.

What I'd like to see is a discussion between BS and Chippy regarding the OP. You guys down for that? It's gotta be more interesting than what's been happening over the last few pages, and I wanna know Chip's take on the whole thing.

Please? [Image: funny-dog-smiley-emoticon.gif]

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 6 users Like evenheathen's post
23-01-2014, 11:42 PM
(23-01-2014 11:29 PM)Chippy Wrote:  
(23-01-2014 11:13 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Because you have secretly read every single one of my posts while making a big show of having me on ignore. Rolleyes

I read your posts before I put you on ignore and I am going to return you to ignore because it is just the same shtick from you.

Be sure and stick your Flounce this time.

[Image: tumblr_li7oi1T9hi1qi4pboo1_500.jpg]

Quote:
Quote:I laugh every time I remember you going batshit crazy over me calling the bible a bunch of superstitious fairy tales.

So show us the post where this occurred.

Nope. Not gonna research nuthin for you pussy.

Quote:
Quote: And yes, that's what you "put me on ignore" <wink wink> over.

No I put you on ignore because you post nothing of value. You are staying on ignore because you are still doing that.

Well get on with it then, whiny pussy.

Quote:
Quote:Wiped the walls with your pussy ass, and you put me on ignore for two months.

No this occurred only in your stagnant imagination.

And I'm wiping the walls with your pussy ass again. So run away to Ignore-Land. Again.

Quote:
Quote:Understood enough to shred you with one. That I made up myself. Which, as you remember, you said I was incapable of doing.

You can't win an argument on a substantive matter with an internet meme.
You are incapable of creating a humorous internet meme. And again you don't understand internet memes.

Picture's worth a thousand words, cupcake. And you continue to make up as you go along. You were doing a whole lot better when you had me on ignore.

Quote:

Not when they are posted as you do, without any irony.

'Cause you say so, and you are of course the Ultimate Authority ™. Rolleyes
Quote:
Quote:And I spent much of my childhood in Europe and Asia;

Yes, your childhood and that is where it appears your cognitive development ceased. It is irrelevant that you spent your childhood in Europe and Asia, you just don't understand postmodern irony. If you did you would not uses internet memes as you do.

Is that the best you can do? "You just don't understand postmodern irony, nyeah nyeah"? Do you have any idea how silly that sounds?

Quote:
Quote:No, I'm reporting back to you your own behaviour. You posted a bunch of internet memes and you concluded: "I trounced your sorry ass". So clearly you believe that the unironic posting of internet memes counts as not only a riposte but also a rebuttal.
Quote:Have I?

Yes, you just repeated that idea in this post:

Wiped the walls with your pussy ass

It is apparent that you think posting an internet meme counts as not only a riposte but also a rebuttal.

"Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions." -- Thomas Jefferson

23-01-2014, 11:49 PM
Re: RE: 3 questions for atheists
(23-01-2014 05:44 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(23-01-2014 11:29 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Please stop making assertions or there's no reason to think you are honest in wanting to understand or make a point. Again... lack of evidence doesn't assume evidence is knowable. It's irrelevant in the point if evidence is knowable, unknown, or not knowable. It's a point on it's own separate from whether or not things are known.

Of course a lack of evidence doesn't assume evidence is knowable, your dependence on evidence (or there lack of) is the assumption. If you have no position towards if evidence is knowable, then why do you confirm that the lack of evidence as if it's meaningful, or sufficient justification for your position?

The fundamental point which you seem to have difficulty grasping or addressing is that, assessing evidence assumes the necessary senses and ability to answer this question through potential analysis and observation. Given your dependence on evidence, I would expect that you can provide evidence to justify why you depend on evidence to answer this question. Is there a remote inkling you have which evidence is relevant and which is not? Personally I have no belief that either theists or atheist have ever addressed this question to a sufficient level. Perhaps, the singularity, quantum indeterminacy, evolution have given you sufficient grounds to make you feel justified in your approach towards obtaining evidence as a basis for addressing existence, personally these have done nothing for me as I was never a theist. So evolution did nothing to discount my views.

Quote:I gave you a reason and an example of why philosophically there's a distinction between believe and knowledge well over a week ago. It was one of my first posts in this thread. You scoffed it off. Didn't give a logical retort, just dismissed it. And there is multiple philological arguments upon what knowledge and belief are. Asserting one is more accurate over the other would lead to more worthless label discussion.

Link to the the example. I will respond.
Quote:Why are you answering questions, repeatedly, that you've ignored about yourself? Others and I asked several questions about your agnostic position and you ignored them giving questions as responses. If you care about being intellectually honest, answer questions to how you came to your conclusion.

Do you mean why I am asking question that I've ignored about myself? I will answer genuine questions asked of me, so I must have missed these.

Quote:So far you've given 1 reason I saw. You repeated it many times, but it's not substantiated that we are a product of a system we can't know it's origin. That's an assertion if it's not backed up with any examples of ways that takes hold.

If you provide any example of where an observer was able to obverse or analyse outside of its system, or a system that the total sum of the parts equals the whole I would be convinced. You fail to address that this is a very safe assumption to make without evidence otherwise. You seem to think, by not dismissing it, that's it's perfectly sound to assume that we can. This is as much of a leap as believing that an perfect god exists. On what basis do you not dismiss that a byproduct cannot assess the origin of the system that created it, the same basis which does not dismiss fairies?

Quote:Maybe you should just answer those 3 initial questions in relation to agnosticism. Though question 2 is flawed as I've mentioned before, it presumes a purpose but since I see you asking that question about atheism still, I guess that bit didn't click with you. There isn't an inherent purpose if you haven't figured it out.

Sure, although I don't think this will provide any different insight into my position.

1. Why do you have an active lack of belief? The position comes across as one who wants to be recognised as one who negates any form of god but not have to prove anything.

I don't focus on my lack of belief, or use it as a conclusion. I identify with what I assert, not with what I dismiss.

2. What is the purpose of atheism?
To show that theism is incorrect and a false conclusion to reach, it's a response to theism and does not exist by itself.

3. Why believe evidence is (or will be) available to confirm or negate a god?
I don't hence my agnosticism. I have no belief or use in evidence to address this question. If some evidence is obtained which proves me wrong, I will change my position. If a god exists I see no reason to assume it would be be able to be observed by us. To not dismiss this notion, would at least require a point of reference, or previous occurrence of this. Otherwise your version of scepticism verges on pointless as you wouldn't dismiss anything.

If there's no purpose why identify as it? That makes no sense whatsoever.

I shall respond to the numbers.

1. That may be so, you say that's a negative thing. Not sure why. The point is to be the most logically sound I'm order to hold a position of believing the most truths, and the least non-truths.

That's why "safe assumptions" is a bullshit concept and no assumptions should be accepted, "safe" or not. I'm not even gonna get into the burden of proof point added in there.

2. There's no inherent purpose to positions. It's not a hard concept for most to grasp, don't know why you think differently. What's the purpose of agnosticism? There is none either. You can make up your own based on your reason for using that label but that doesn't give the label a purpose.

3. Again, an equal stance I hold from this statement until the last bit that makes no sense whatsoever.. You keep claiming a difference that isn't there. Why do you not understand, saying we have no evidence for a god is just saying we don't have evidence for a God. You keep saying it means the position asserts we can find evidence... Bit where does it say that? That's you presuming and adding things that aren't there. Don't add things to concepts that aren't there, it's intellectually dishonest and insulting to logical arguments.

It may seem like a weak backpedaling position to you, in a way you can be right. But that's in attempt to be the most accurate in holding correct stances.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
23-01-2014, 11:53 PM
(23-01-2014 11:24 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  Nope, not an expert.

Then why be such a presumptuous douchebag?

Quote:If you're implying that experts on Tourette's are necessarily douchebags and neurologists, that seems easily debunked...

No part of what I posted implied that.

Quote:If you simply forgot the emphasis on "and', implying that my "douchebag" status is already established, try italics next time.

Emphasis is optional. The semantics of and are the same regardless. It appears you don't understand the logical significance of the and connective.

There is no point arguing about it, you are a douchebag. You know that you are a douchebag. You wouldn't look out of place in this photo:

[Image: Bra7-714184.jpg]

or even this photo:

[Image: DB7080-774791.jpg]

So given that you are a douchebag and you don't know what a book is then why assume that you understand Tourette's Disorder such that you can use your understanding of it as the basis for ridiculing someone?

The answer to that is obvious: it is because you are a douchebag.

I bet your knowledge of AAS is broscience. I used to provide advice on a bodybuilding forum and most of my time was spent refuting AAS broscience. How do you jackasses come up with the silly shit that you come up with?
23-01-2014, 11:59 PM
(23-01-2014 11:42 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  And I'm wiping the walls with your pussy ass again.

Where exactly is this happening?
24-01-2014, 12:01 AM
Here:

CRIES ABOUT INVECTIVE AND MEMES
[Image: avatar_28935.jpg?dateline=1380619878]
POSTS INVECTIVE AND MEMES

[Image: laughing-smiley.jpg#Laughing%201200x906]

[Image: 45137339.jpg]

24-01-2014, 12:05 AM
Does anyone think that in this thread or anywhere else Tourettes has been "wiping the walls" with my "pussy ass"?