3 questions for atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 1.5 Average
24-01-2014, 12:06 AM
RE: 3 questions for atheists
Go ahead, though -- say it again: Hobo"But you just don't understand postmodern irony!"Hobo

Can't.....stop.......laughing......not....gettin'.....air......

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-01-2014, 12:14 AM
(24-01-2014 12:06 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Go ahead, though -- say it again: Hobo"But you just don't understand postmodern irony!"Hobo

This is your standard response to everything: an emphatic and emotive expression of incredulity.

You don't seem to understand that an emotional expression has no cognitive content and hence no propositional content so it is incapable of refuting anything. In order to demonstrate that you do understand postmodern irony you need to supply some cognitive content--emoting about it has no significance.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-01-2014, 12:16 AM
(24-01-2014 12:14 AM)Chippy Wrote:  
(24-01-2014 12:06 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Go ahead, though -- say it again: Hobo"But you just don't understand postmodern irony!"Hobo

This is your standard response to everything: an emphatic and emotive expression of incredulity.

You don't seem to understand that an emotional expression has no cognitive content and hence no propositional content so it is incapable of refuting anything. In order to demonstrate that you do understand postmodern irony you need to supply some cognitive content--emoting about it has no significance.

"Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions." -- Thomas Jefferson

[Image: 45137339.jpg]

24-01-2014, 12:18 AM
(24-01-2014 12:16 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  "Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions." -- Thomas Jefferson

There is nothing unintelligible about anything that I posted and you will go back on ignore soon, be patient.
24-01-2014, 12:20 AM
Okay but, about my request.......

(23-01-2014 11:34 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Okay, I've got an idea. That is if we can get off the name calling for a minute.

Chippy calls himself an atheist, yet has defended Brownshirt throughout this thread. That's cool by me, it's been a fun exchange.

What I'd like to see is a discussion between BS and Chippy regarding the OP. You guys down for that? It's gotta be more interesting than what's been happening over the last few pages, and I wanna know Chip's take on the whole thing.

Please? [Image: funny-dog-smiley-emoticon.gif]

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 4 users Like evenheathen's post
24-01-2014, 12:21 AM
(24-01-2014 12:18 AM)Chippy Wrote:  
(24-01-2014 12:16 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  "Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions." -- Thomas Jefferson

There is nothing unintelligible about anything that I posted

LOL if you say so.... Hobo Laughat

Quote:and you will go back on ignore soon, be patient.

Yeah go ahead and stretch that Flounce out there, Buttercup.

24-01-2014, 12:28 AM (This post was last modified: 24-01-2014 12:46 AM by WeAreTheCosmos.)
(23-01-2014 11:53 PM)Chippy Wrote:  Emphasis is optional. The semantics of and are the same regardless. It appears you don't understand the logical significance of the and connective.

There is no point arguing about it, you are a douchebag. You know that you are a douchebag. You wouldn't look out of place in this photo:

[Image: Bra7-714184.jpg]

or even this photo:

[Image: DB7080-774791.jpg]

So given that you are a douchebag and you don't know what a book is then why assume that you understand Tourette's Disorder such that you can use your understanding of it as the basis for ridiculing someone?

The answer to that is obvious: it is because you are a douchebag.

I bet your knowledge of AAS is broscience. I used to provide advice on a bodybuilding forum and most of my time was spent refuting AAS broscience. How do you jackasses come up with the silly shit that you come up with?

You seem to have some seriously warped view of who I am.

I don't body build anymore. I'm a pale 170lbs, and would certainly look out of place in that beach photo. Since I stopped body building, I have read over 200 science/maths/academic oriented books in a few years. At my peak, I was reading about two and a half books per week. If you want a nice picture of my book shelf, i'll make sure to get right on that, just for you! Smartass

I also did a significant amount of research on anabolics while I was body building, but never cycled. I don't profess expert knowledge of them. I do have adequate understanding to construct a safe and effective cycle. I'm no Brotoine Lavoisier when it comes to chemistry though.

I'm not even sure that I have ever given AAS advice online, so there is no reason to put me in with those meat heads. The one time I gave advice on a cycle, the guy didn't listen. He cheaped out, and ended up with a terrible stack, no ai and no pct. I didn't even subscribe to any broscience or woo. Consider

While I have been rude toward Brownshirt, I had reason for the majority of it. Perhaps some of it was the bandwagon. I did not insult you until you showed your contempt for me. Contempt which seems based on inaccurate assumptions. Its a bit unwarranted. Its like you're either jealous, or practicing as an asshole.
24-01-2014, 12:29 AM
(24-01-2014 12:20 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  Okay but, about my request.......

I've noted your request.

Since you have been following this thread, do you think that Tourettes has been "wiping the walls" with my "pussy ass"? If you do then show me where this has happened.

Tourettes also claims that what I have been addressing to him is "unintelligible". Do you understand what I have been addressing to him? If what I addressed to him is unintelligible then there would be no point in addressing your request because the answers to BSs three questions will likely be more complicated than anything I have addressed to Tourettes.
24-01-2014, 12:34 AM
(24-01-2014 12:28 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  I did not insult you until you showed your contempt for me. Contempt which seems based on inaccurate assumptions. Its a bit unwarranted. Its like you're either jealous, or practicing to be an asshole.

^^^ One example of Chippy's penchant for pathologically making up as he goes along that I was referring to. See also: "unintelligible popositions".

24-01-2014, 12:38 AM
(24-01-2014 12:28 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  While I have been rude toward Brownshirt, I had reason for the majority of it. Perhaps some of it was the bandwagon.

No, all of it is just irrational herd behaviour.

Quote: I did not insult you until you showed your contempt for me. Contempt which seems based on inaccurate assumptions. Its a bit unwarranted. Its like you're either jealous, or practicing to be an asshole.

I don't need any practice in being an asshole, I am quite well-versed. No, I'm not jealous, you post in the manner of a know-all but really know-nothing bro. You tried to launch into Brownshirt on the basis of a false premise. This exchange would not be happening if you exploited your claimed familiarity with books.