3 questions for atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 1.5 Average
25-01-2014, 01:05 AM
RE: 3 questions for atheists
(24-01-2014 03:46 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  I can understand this perspective a lot better than most others outlined.

As expected, Chippy gave his perspective in a clearer, more concise manner than many have here earlier in the thread. He even included a few points not given by others. Well done Chippy.

However, the fact remains that his perspective is exactly that which has been given to you countless times over. And in some cases pretty clearly and rationally.

I like DLJ's response also, especially this:
Quote:It can be a convenient label that quickly establishes a stance for debate purposes.

That to me is why I identify as an atheist. Given the simplified definition of the word that I personally hold to that is what I am, regarding any belief in a god defined or otherwise. I'll even go further to say that in the context of DLJ's quote, I also include debate in my own mind. That's not to say that I take a "presupposed" atheistic line of thought when I am pondering such things, I try to take a skeptical line of thought on any matter. What I have found, however, since I've started to seriously consider such concepts, is that I unequivocally always end up with a lack of belief.

My claim of knowledge is and always will have to be (until empirical evidence is presented) agnostic, my claim of belief will (until such knowledge is presented) have to be atheistic.

I am an agnostic atheist, or an atheistic agnostic. Whichever sounds better to you is fine by me.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
25-01-2014, 01:15 AM
(24-01-2014 10:02 PM)Chippy Wrote:  BS, look at this. It's Tourette's Chimp being challenged to a debate and it refuses. The Tourette's Chimp was banned from that forum. You can see the same old tropes in Tourette's Chimps posts.

It's quite bizarre really. You think it would eventually want to post its own views, even just to justify to itself that it can.

There is something intrinsically wrong with it. I find it more amusing that it thinks its bothering anyone. I must admit it's not a good look for other people of this site having endorsed. If you're going to present yourself as rational and logical, recommending that that thing doesn't lend itself to that image. But then anyone who says they're something, tends not to be.
25-01-2014, 01:38 AM
(25-01-2014 01:05 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(24-01-2014 03:46 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  I can understand this perspective a lot better than most others outlined.

As expected, Chippy gave his perspective in a clearer, more concise manner than many have here earlier in the thread. He even included a few points not given by others. Well done Chippy.

However, the fact remains that his perspective is exactly that which has been given to you countless times over. And in some cases pretty clearly and rationally.

I like DLJ's response also, especially this:
Quote:It can be a convenient label that quickly establishes a stance for debate purposes.

That to me is why I identify as an atheist. Given the simplified definition of the word that I personally hold to that is what I am, regarding any belief in a god defined or otherwise. I'll even go further to say that in the context of DLJ's quote, I also include debate in my own mind. That's not to say that I take a "presupposed" atheistic line of thought when I am pondering such things, I try to take a skeptical line of thought on any matter. What I have found, however, since I've started to seriously consider such concepts, is that I unequivocally always end up with a lack of belief.

My claim of knowledge is and always will have to be (until empirical evidence is presented) agnostic, my claim of belief will (until such knowledge is presented) have to be atheistic.

I am an agnostic atheist, or an atheistic agnostic. Whichever sounds better to you is fine by me.

The only fact there is that you believe it was given to me in the same way, obviously I don't.

Chippy never touched on the knowledge and belief distinction, unsurprisingly you bring it up. I've already said I don't believe this to be useful in any way, yet it is key for you. I don't think this will change.
25-01-2014, 04:05 AM
(25-01-2014 01:38 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Chippy never touched on the knowledge and belief distinction, unsurprisingly you bring it up. I've already said I don't believe this to be useful in any way, yet it is key for you. I don't think this will change.

I can speak to that concern maybe later tonight or tomorrow.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-01-2014, 04:34 AM
(25-01-2014 01:15 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  It's quite bizarre really. You think it would eventually want to post its own views, even just to justify to itself that it can.

You would think so but its mentality is such that it is impressed that it can use the IMG tag. It's is somewhat like a 4-year old with crayon.

Quote:There is something intrinsically wrong with it.

Most definitely. There is definitely some sort of mental retardation. If Tourette's Chimp is an adult it is most definitely mentally retarded.

Quote: I find it more amusing that it thinks its bothering anyone.

Yes that and the tough talk and the faux triumphalist posturing. It posts from its collection of bookmarked memes and then it proclaims that it "annihilated", "eviscerated", "ripped", "tore" or some such term. Utterly bizarre and amusing. I have tried to ask it how, specifically, the action of posting the meme "eviscerated" but it never answers and it just repeats its declaration of victory.

Clearly it believes that when it posts a meme it is inflicting some sort of damage. I am curious to know if it too receives "damage" if someone posts a meme directed at it. It seemed proud of itself when it posted all of its "OP is a fag" memes. If those same memes were used against it, would it suffer the damage that it believes it is inflicting on others when it posts its memes?

Quote: I must admit it's not a good look for other people of this site having endorsed. If you're going to present yourself as rational and logical, recommending that that thing doesn't lend itself to that image. But then anyone who says they're something, tends not to be.

Agreed. Tourette's Chimp is an embarrassment to the forum.
25-01-2014, 05:46 AM
(25-01-2014 04:34 AM)Chippy Wrote:  Agreed. Tourette's Chimp is an embarrassment to the forum.

You boys are such fine specimens by contrast...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
25-01-2014, 07:28 AM (This post was last modified: 25-01-2014 07:42 AM by Chippy.)
(25-01-2014 05:46 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(25-01-2014 04:34 AM)Chippy Wrote:  Agreed. Tourette's Chimp is an embarrassment to the forum.

You boys are such fine specimens by contrast...

Chalk and cheese.

Your limp irony is like asking, "What is better than a dog turd sitting in a stale puddle of cat's piss?". Need the question even be asked?

Tourette's Chimp is that dog turd sitting in cat's piss. Tourette's Chimp is a genuine retard--its retard credentials are rock-solid. I have reason to believe it is the product of in-breeding. It posts internet memes and it thinks it is doing some sort of video game-esque damage. That is genuine mental retardation. Tourette's Chimp thinks that forum members are scared of it because it posts internet memes. Again, that is profoundly retarded. It is a special sort of retarded.

Tourette's Chimp has made almost 2000 posts and they are all junk. One of my best posts has more substantive content, eloquence and cogency than all of Tourette's Chimp's post in aggregate. The thing that can make ~2000 vacuous posts, replete with internet memes and banal expletives is especially retarded. That point can not be overemphasized. Given that this isn't advertised as a retard forum for retards to post internet memes, that is a remarkable accomplishment.

Tourette's Chimp is without a doubt the biggest degenerate moron that I have ever encountered online. Something that stupid, that ignorant, that retarded, that useless has no business breathing air. The best thing that it could do is die so that it can be used as fertilizer. That would be the ne plus ultra of its pathetic and idiotic existence. It is some sort of shut-in that trolls forums and has been banned from many of them. It is utterly without use and value. To the extent that it is human it is an embarrassment to Homo sapiens sapiens. Its idiotic behaviour can be simulated with a simple bot. If 80% of your posting behaviour can be simulated with an iMacros script then you shouldn't be using the internet. That is the Chippy Test, it is the obverse of the Turing Test. Tourette's Chimp passes the Chippy Test.

If you think Tourette's Chimp can be compared with anyone or anything (other than an iMacros script or a dog turd) then you are unfamiliar with its prodigious posting history. Tourette's Chimp shows us what it truly means to be a moron. Your username toys with the concept of imbecility, it is flippant, it lacks seriousness. You cheapen the concept of a moron. You dabble in and flaunt with cretinism whilst Tourette's Chimp lives the life of a moron. You are a counterfeit--Tourette's Chimp is the real thing, the full-fat milk, the leaded petrol. Study its work and learn its ways. We poke it with sticks to learn more about it; and we have learnt much. You mock what you don't understand.
[+] 1 user Likes Chippy's post
25-01-2014, 08:00 AM
(25-01-2014 07:28 AM)Chippy Wrote:  Your username toys with the concept of imbecility, it is flippant, it lacks seriousness. You cheapen the concept of a moron. You dabble in and flaunt with cretinism whilst Tourette's Chimp lives the life of a moron. You are a counterfeit

Can't shake the notion that your trying to insult me, old boy ? Or a convolute backhanded compliment I guess. The username isn't of particular significance to me.

Taq's obviously gotten to you or you wouldn't waste your time writing these screeds of invective. I do appreciate their intrinsic artistic value... and the notion of the Chippy test deserves more airtime...

If he bothers you that much, just ignore him.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
25-01-2014, 08:11 AM
(24-01-2014 09:34 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(24-01-2014 08:49 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  [Image: U_Mad_Bro.jpeg]

[Image: 1.gif]

Pointing out facts are not indicative of being mad.

[Image: __grammatik_macht_frei___wallpaper_by_un...4h0y15.jpg]

Typical of both you and DipShitster to fail know the difference between your opinions and fact.

[quot]e
Do you lack substance in real life as well, or is this your real life?

I think you're just happy for some form of interaction.
[/quote]
And to wallow in wishful thinking.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
25-01-2014, 08:13 AM
(25-01-2014 08:00 AM)morondog Wrote:  Can't shake the notion that your trying to insult me, old boy ?
*you're

[Image: Y5tGBer.jpg]

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post