3 questions for atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 1.5 Average
29-12-2013, 07:16 PM
RE: 3 questions for atheists
(29-12-2013 06:12 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(29-12-2013 05:47 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  All of your other labels are things you do, enjoy or are. Does an atheist require religion for it to exist as a label?
nope, all an atheist requires is a lack of belief in god/s.

Ha all needed is a lack of something. What do you believe? Do you believe in a non created reason for existence?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-12-2013, 07:42 PM
(28-12-2013 12:36 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  1. Why do you have an active lack of belief? The position comes across as one who wants to be recognised as one who negates any form of god but not have to prove anything.

Terrible question as it supposes I have something to prove and am actively avoiding doing something. I don't believe in things that have zero evidence because that is fruitless. I don't believe in the judeo Christian god because there is no evidence for such a thing, just as I don't believe in super powered heroes who wear costumes and can fly.

2. What is the purpose of atheism?

There is no purpose in atheism however the title helps define a character trait. The title denotes a lack of belief in gods. That is all. There is no agenda attached.

3. Why believe evidence is (or will be) available to confirm or negate a god?

Who said I did? Are you a fan of assumption much?

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-12-2013, 07:43 PM
My whole reply came out funny. Mobile browsing ain't cool.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
29-12-2013, 08:20 PM
(29-12-2013 07:42 PM)lucradis Wrote:  
(28-12-2013 12:36 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  1. Why do you have an active lack of belief? The position comes across as one who wants to be recognised as one who negates any form of god but not have to prove anything.

Terrible question as it supposes I have something to prove and am actively avoiding doing something. I don't believe in things that have zero evidence because that is fruitless. I don't believe in the judeo Christian god because there is no evidence for such a thing, just as I don't believe in super powered heroes who wear costumes and can fly.

2. What is the purpose of atheism?

There is no purpose in atheism however the title helps define a character trait. The title denotes a lack of belief in gods. That is all. There is no agenda attached.

3. Why believe evidence is (or will be) available to confirm or negate a god?

Who said I did? Are you a fan of assumption much?
You said there's zero evidence for it above. So by saying this you must expect it to be available, or that the lack of is evidence of absence.

Do you lack belief in any other random cause for existence?
29-12-2013, 08:27 PM (This post was last modified: 29-12-2013 08:42 PM by Taqiyya Mockingbird.)
(29-12-2013 01:45 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(28-12-2013 11:59 PM)Hafnof Wrote:  [Image: 1486817_10151889278196840_182863275_n.jpg]

What a strange picture. Science does not denounce god. I know many religious people believe science to be true. Picking soft targets such as creationists and portraying them as all religious people is disingenuous and shows why many people consider the neo-atheists views to be pushing an agenda. Me for one.

Oh, look, B.S. trots out a strawman of his own.

(29-12-2013 01:51 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Phew I was worried those who reach the same conclusion (albeit through different methods) weren't going to back each other up there. Then I saw the the "However" and my faith was restored.

As Taqiyya looks like an Afro-American name and she responds like it, I thought I'd call her Shaniqua.

What it's a bad play on a book title and she's not a she, just a bitch? I'm stunned.Shocking

Your ignorant and pathetic racism, as well as your general ignorance, is noted.

(29-12-2013 02:28 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  So this has changed into an "atheists are silly because they know they can't prove there is no god!" type of thing?

It never changed, that's where it always was.

Quote:I find the phrase "lack of belief" to be a load of bullshit.

No one gives a fuck.

Quote: Who claims to lack belief in something, it makes no sense.

Fallacy: Appeal to Personal Incredulity.

Quote:I find it interesting that most atheists have no idea what an agnostic actually is and it must fit in your narrow definition.

I find it interesting that you insist on imposing your own bullshit made-up definitions on the world and then claim to not understand why the world doesn't accept them.

Quote:Ha all needed is a lack of something. What do you believe? Do you believe in a non created reason for existence?

What makes you think we have to believe in anything?

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
29-12-2013, 09:10 PM
(29-12-2013 08:20 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(29-12-2013 07:42 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Who said I did? Are you a fan of assumption much?
You said there's zero evidence for it above. So by saying this you must expect it to be available, or that the lack of is evidence of absence.

Do you lack belief in any other random cause for existence?

You are an expert in gibberish.

This is simple. You use this skill in many things throughout your life. If someone comes up to you in the street and says that there is a pink unicorn in space who is the true creator of all things you would likely brush them off as insane, but say you actually went and humoured them and asked for all evidence they had of such a thing. They provide you with a book written by various unknown authors that tells you there is a pink unicorn in space.
Is that evidence? No. No more than harry potter is evidence of wizards. Thereby unless you are insane you continue not believing in pink unicorns in space that are god.

As per your gibberish second question. I lack belief in anything that has no evidence behind it. Simple as that. I am open to all suggestions but will not believe anything fully without evidence. Why would you? Does it make your life any different? More social club access maybe.takes you feel better than others maybe even though you aren't living by the literal word of god.

Here's a question for you, actually a series of them.

Do you believe literally in god?
If yes then which one specifically?
Which ones don't you believe in?
Why not?
If you believe in the abrahamic god, do you follow old or new testament? And which versions?
If you do believe in the abrahamic god, do you expect to go to heaven?
Why? Do you kill non believers? Which rules don't you follow?

[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
29-12-2013, 09:17 PM
(29-12-2013 08:27 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
Quote:I find it interesting that most atheists have no idea what an agnostic actually is and it must fit in your narrow definition.

I find it interesting that you insist on imposing your own bullshit made-up definitions on the world and then claim to not understand why the world doesn't accept them.

Just ignored most of your bollocks as it was boring.Just keep telling yourself it was due to your deeply considered questions. I'm sure you get through life this way.

The "world" as you put it is only your type of atheists. What was that about your own bullshit definition? Laughat
29-12-2013, 09:20 PM
(29-12-2013 09:17 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Just ignored most of your bollocks as it was boring.Just keep telling yourself it was due to your deeply considered questions. I'm sure you get through life this way.

Run, Little Rabbit, Run.

Quote:The "world" as you put it is only your type of atheists. What was that about your own bullshit definition? Laughat

You aren't fooling anyone here with your sad attempt at blowing a smoke screen to cover your beating your retreat.

29-12-2013, 10:06 PM
(29-12-2013 09:20 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(29-12-2013 09:17 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Just ignored most of your bollocks as it was boring.Just keep telling yourself it was due to your deeply considered questions. I'm sure you get through life this way.

Run, Little Rabbit, Run.

Quote:The "world" as you put it is only your type of atheists. What was that about your own bullshit definition? Laughat

You aren't fooling anyone here with your sad attempt at blowing a smoke screen to cover your beating your retreat.
Fuck you're thick. In your warped eyes anything denouncing sacred atheism isa smoke screen. Which if you don't understand is a smokescreen in itself.

You need to get back on your meds.
29-12-2013, 10:31 PM (This post was last modified: 29-12-2013 10:44 PM by Taqiyya Mockingbird.)
(29-12-2013 10:06 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  ...sacred atheism...

[Image: straw-man.jpg]

Run, Rabbit, Run.

You still have not addressed a single point I have raised with your bullshit ad hoc assertions. And you still continue to sling whole schools of red herrings.

[Image: mqdefault.jpg]

Not a single person on this forum is fooled.

[Image: 670342d1327960081-mechanical-disc-brakes...-troll.jpg]