3 questions for atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 1.5 Average
29-01-2014, 12:47 AM
RE: 3 questions for atheists
(29-01-2014 12:40 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(29-01-2014 12:21 AM)Chippy Wrote:  Calling it Tourette's Chimp isn't an instance of ad hominem--it isn't an informal logical fallacy--it's just a name we have for it.

It seems to me that insulting a person, or attempting to dehumanise an opponent, in the stead of addressing their points, however incompetent or themselves lacking in anything but fallacy they may be, would fit as an abusive style of Ad hominem, as it is attacking character, not presented arguments or contested statement.

Tourette's has no points to make, hence the name. It writes, but has no idea what it's writing.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-01-2014, 12:49 AM
(29-01-2014 12:43 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(29-01-2014 12:03 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Or in other words; I wanted to try to call out your ad hominem with a sense of subtlety by 'lampshading' (basically call attention to) it.
However, when you failed to pick up on this, I was bored and one thing lead to another culminating in a game of "follow me!" by me making seemingly nonsense statements to which I know you would respond and thus 'follow'.

Yes I knew you were calling me out on it from the start. What is your point?

Assuming you knew the cause, and taking your apparently absolute disregard of it one can only assume that further interaction here is pointless in that you have no qualm about throwing insults at those you disagree with or otherwise ignoring them in a manner no better than that of an angry child.
Remarkably, Taq, Chippy and yourself are all quite similar. Consider

And now that's done, I need to find something else to do on the forum. Too bad there isn't much fun going around right now...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
29-01-2014, 12:53 AM
(29-01-2014 12:49 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(29-01-2014 12:43 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Yes I knew you were calling me out on it from the start. What is your point?

Assuming you knew the cause, and taking your apparently absolute disregard of it one can only assume that further interaction here is pointless in that you have no qualm about throwing insults at those you disagree with or otherwise ignoring them in a manner no better than that of an angry child.
Remarkably, Taq, Chippy and yourself are all quite similar. Consider

And now that's done, I need to find something else to do on the forum. Too bad there isn't much fun going around right now...

I thought the initial interaction was pointless, but that didn't stop you either so it's your call whether you continue here or not.
29-01-2014, 12:53 AM
(29-01-2014 12:40 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  It seems to me that insulting a person, or attempting to dehumanise an opponent, in the stead of addressing their points, however incompetent or themselves lacking in anything but fallacy they may be, would fit as an abusive style of Ad hominem, as it is attacking character, not presented arguments or contested statement.

Tourette's Chimp has no substantive points to address. What it has posted that is minimally capable of being addressed has been addressed.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-01-2014, 12:57 AM
(29-01-2014 12:49 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Remarkably, Taq, Chippy and yourself are all quite similar. Consider

You obviously haven't looked sufficiently close else you wouldn't have made your initial (unnecessary) inquiry.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-01-2014, 01:13 AM
He got himself in a bit of a muddle there.
29-01-2014, 07:54 AM
Lovely little circle-jerk you three have going. I'll give you all some privacy to, ah....do your...ah...things.....

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
29-01-2014, 02:12 PM (This post was last modified: 29-01-2014 02:22 PM by Brownshirt.)
You say nothing, but incessantly chatter. Are you American or under 7?
29-01-2014, 03:04 PM
(28-01-2014 05:45 PM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  
(28-01-2014 05:32 PM)Crulax Wrote:  [Image: 385029862_640_zps7c497b88.jpg]

Crulax walks in all cool like and smashes the 'battle of the memes' thread out of the park with a COWBELL MEME! Game set and match!:Worship SlavesWorship Slaves

[Image: 211092_242669842430795_4056741_n.jpg]

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
[+] 5 users Like Crulax's post
29-01-2014, 03:08 PM
It's as if you're not taking this thread seriously.
[+] 4 users Like Brownshirt's post