3 questions for atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 1.5 Average
30-01-2014, 07:06 PM
RE: 3 questions for atheists
(30-01-2014 06:41 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 01:27 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  How Tourette's manages to keep going without air is beyond me too.

It is rather impressive though. This viddy always reminds of HoC, especially when he gets to the bottom and goes "What the fuck? Where are the Gwynnies? I was told there would be Gwynnies." Big Grin

I'm a NAUI-certified SCUBA diver, but those holes just creep me out. And don't even talk to me about caves.Shocking

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-01-2014, 08:06 PM
(30-01-2014 01:27 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 10:55 AM)Crulax Wrote:  [Image: aBKVAqQ_460sa.gif]

Don't mind me guys!

How Tourette's manages to keep going without air(an argument) is beyond me too.

LOL as if you had anything else but "idon'tunderstandidon'tunderstandidon'tunderstandidon'tunderstandidon'tunderstand​idon'tunderstandidon'tunderstandidon'tunderstandidon'tunderstandidon'tunderstand​idon'tunderstandidon'tunderstandidon'tunderstandidon'tunderstandidon'tunderstand​idon'tunderstandidon'tunderstandidon'tunderstand...." ad nauseum.

Drinking Beverage

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
30-01-2014, 08:29 PM
(30-01-2014 08:06 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 01:27 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  How Tourette's manages to keep going without air(an argument) is beyond me too.

LOL as if you had anything else but "idon'tunderstandidon'tunderstandidon'tunderstandidon'tunderstandidon'tunderstand​idon'tunderstandidon'tunderstandidon'tunderstandidon'tunderstandidon'tunderstand​idon'tunderstandidon'tunderstandidon'tunderstandidon'tunderstandidon'tunderstand​idon'tunderstandidon'tunderstandidon'tunderstand...." ad nauseum.

Drinking Beverage

Don't make me turn this thread around!Angry

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
[+] 1 user Likes Crulax's post
30-01-2014, 08:35 PM
(30-01-2014 08:06 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 01:27 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  How Tourette's manages to keep going without air(an argument) is beyond me too.

Drinking Beverage
Your logic is what I don't understand. Elaborate if you can, which of course, we both know you can't.

P -> P
Therefore P Hobo
30-01-2014, 08:35 PM
(30-01-2014 08:29 PM)Crulax Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 08:06 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  LOL as if you had anything else but "idon'tunderstandidon'tunderstandidon'tunderstandidon'tunderstandidon'tunderstand​idon'tunderstandidon'tunderstandidon'tunderstandidon'tunderstandidon'tunderstand​idon'tunderstandidon'tunderstandidon'tunderstandidon'tunderstandidon'tunderstand​idon'tunderstandidon'tunderstandidon'tunderstand...." ad nauseum.

Drinking Beverage

He started it.
[+] 1 user Likes Brownshirt's post
30-01-2014, 09:09 PM
(30-01-2014 08:29 PM)Crulax Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 08:06 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  LOL as if you had anything else but "idon'tunderstandidon'tunderstandidon'tunderstandidon'tunderstandidon'tunderstand​idon'tunderstandidon'tunderstandidon'tunderstandidon'tunderstandidon'tunderstand​idon'tunderstandidon'tunderstandidon'tunderstandidon'tunderstandidon'tunderstand​idon'tunderstandidon'tunderstandidon'tunderstand...." ad nauseum.

Drinking Beverage

[Image: blah-blah-blah-o.gif]

But I don't understaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnndddd!!!!!!!

30-01-2014, 09:18 PM
Behold, I have a ball.

[Image: FootballChimp.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Brownshirt's post
30-01-2014, 09:19 PM
(28-12-2013 12:36 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  1. Why do you have an active lack of belief? The position comes across as one who wants to be recognised as one who negates any form of god but not have to prove anything.

2. What is the purpose of atheism?

3. Why believe evidence is (or will be) available to confirm or negate a god?
I don't believe because there is no proof so in all probability the god of all the theisms is highly unlikely, and may I add that when making outrageous claims you need extraordinary evidence, which no theist has ever provided outside of personal experience or devine revalation, neither of which are proof.

2. There is no point, I just don't see that choosing to follow any theistic religion is wise, what if I back the wrong horse, it's a pretty big field and the odds are horrendous! I just do t see any of the religions as "realistic" thus I choose to live by what I know, not what I believe.

3. There is no way to prove a negative, you just look at the facts and deduce from that the likelyhood of any of it being real (slim to nil). Using gods lack of punishment directly to stop evil and or lack of reward for good is often put down to people who don't have enough faith and that a "good believer" will (see Job) remain faithful is a great argument for a dictator and not the proposed almighty that so many cling to. It just makes no sense. I don't think there is any proof for or against god, nor ever will there be, it's a moot point with no valid argument, he's just not there.
[+] 1 user Likes Crystal's post
30-01-2014, 09:22 PM
(30-01-2014 09:18 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Behold, I have a ball.

[Image: FootballChimp.jpg]

Yes, you do.

Didn't realize that you were ChimpyChump's twin. Makes a lot of sense, though. Thumbsup

30-01-2014, 09:24 PM
(30-01-2014 09:19 PM)Crystal Wrote:  
(28-12-2013 12:36 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  1. Why do you have an active lack of belief? The position comes across as one who wants to be recognised as one who negates any form of god but not have to prove anything.

2. What is the purpose of atheism?

3. Why believe evidence is (or will be) available to confirm or negate a god?
I don't believe because there is no proof so in all probability the god of all the theisms is highly unlikely, and may I add that when making outrageous claims you need extraordinary evidence, which no theist has ever provided outside of personal experience or devine revalation, neither of which are proof.

2. There is no point, I just don't see that choosing to follow any theistic religion is wise, what if I back the wrong horse, it's a pretty big field and the odds are horrendous! I just do t see any of the religions as "realistic" thus I choose to live by what I know, not what I believe.

3. There is no way to prove a negative, you just look at the facts and deduce from that the likelyhood of any of it being real (slim to nil). Using gods lack of punishment directly to stop evil and or lack of reward for good is often put down to people who don't have enough faith and that a "good believer" will (see Job) remain faithful is a great argument for a dictator and not the proposed almighty that so many cling to. It just makes no sense. I don't think there is any proof for or against god, nor ever will there be, it's a moot point with no valid argument, he's just not there.

Don't even bother, Crystal. The OP is a disingenuous troll. Read through this thread and you will see.

[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post