3 questions for atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 1.5 Average
02-02-2014, 02:31 AM
RE: 3 questions for atheists
(02-02-2014 02:20 AM)Cephalotus Wrote:  Asking me if this is a good contribution to this conversation is like asking a third grader about sex. I'm pretty sure I didn't participate in this thread (and I can't even read the entire thread to put Chippy's contributions into context)

So then on what grounds have you formed the conclusion that:

I just wanted to point out to anybody who still might have any doubts that Chippy is *obviously* trolling and has absolutely nothing of value to add.

To any discussion.

Ever!

The above then is just a baseless assertion. It is just bullshit.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-02-2014, 02:32 AM
(02-02-2014 01:57 AM)Cephalotus Wrote:  
(02-02-2014 01:45 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  That just makes it funnier, just so you know I'm laughing at you.

I really, REALLY hope you are a tween who lied about your age to join this forum.

If you are a grown adult who seriously thinks the declaration of "I'm laughing at you" is a valid argument (or even a witty insult) then I sincerely doubt you are a healthy, functioning member of normal society.

It's neither, it's actually literal. I'm laughing at him as he thinks he's pointing out grammatical errors due to my use of slang. Due to his inability to grasp basic concepts and justify anything he's said, it's probably a blessing in disguise for him.

My life is a sham, a random on a forum has seen through me via a single post saying I'm laughing at someone for their comprehension failure(s).

Do you think that sincerely doubting whether I'm a functioning member of society is justified based on a single post? I would posit that anyone who claims that after my statement of "I'm laughing at you" would bear any relation to the state of my life as a productive citizen. I would have to say I "sincerely doubt you are a healthy, functioning member of normal society" based on your assumption.

What a spastic. Drooling
Find all posts by this user
02-02-2014, 02:40 AM
(02-02-2014 02:29 AM)Vosur Wrote:  I am challenging your claim that he has made no valuable contributions to the forum because he has demonstrated the opposite on many different occasions.

Ok, I'm going to go ahead and answer this as best I can, and if we have anything else to say on the matter we'll just have to pm each other. This has the potential to get miles off topic, and actually it's probably gone too far already.

Even if he has made a few good contributions in the past, I don't personally care because he's demonstrated very clear-cut immaturity and close-mindedness towards groups of people that represent a good majority of the forum. (Namely, Americans and ex-pagans.) He has antagonized and directly attacked other members (numerous times) in the very short amount of time that I've been here, and caused threads to be split because of his disruptions. For every valuable contribution you can link, I can link you a dozen spam posts in return. He's a good embodiment of how I feel about Christianity: Just because Jesus said a few good things in the new testament doesn't make all the atrocities in the rest of the bible automatically bunk. I don't like to cherry pick like that. If I have reason to believe your intentions on a forum are to cause drama, I'm going to block you. It's pretty simple.

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
[+] 1 user Likes Cephalotus's post
02-02-2014, 02:45 AM
(02-02-2014 02:32 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Do you think that sincerely doubting whether I'm a functioning member of society is justified based on a single post?

No. That post was just the straw that broke the camel's back.

This is *usual* behavior for you (in this thread especially) and I've known several people irl who word things similarly as you do, and exhibited similar online behavior to what you are showing here. They're both, for all intents and purposes, crazy. I'm no psychologist, but if the shoe fits....lace that bitch up and wear it. Drinking Beverage

Why the actual fuck are there so many trolls here? It seems like the threads get off topic way too often, and there's always some random shit like this going on.

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
02-02-2014, 02:48 AM
(02-02-2014 02:40 AM)Cephalotus Wrote:  Ok, I'm going to go ahead and answer this as best I can, and if we have anything else to say on the matter we'll just have to pm each other. This has the potential to get miles off topic, and actually it's probably gone too far already.
I wouldn't worry about that too much; the posts in this thread have been off-topic for over 100 pages now.

(02-02-2014 02:40 AM)Cephalotus Wrote:  Even if he has made a few good contributions in the past, I don't personally care because he's demonstrated very clear-cut immaturity and close-mindedness towards groups of people that represent a good majority of the forum. (Namely, Americans and ex-pagans.) He has antagonized and directly attacked other members (numerous times) in the very short amount of time that I've been here, and caused threads to be split because of his disruptions. For every valuable contribution you can link, I can link you a dozen spam posts in return. He's a good embodiment of how I feel about Christianity: Just because Jesus said a few good things in the new testament doesn't make all the atrocities in the rest of the bible automatically bunk. I don't like to cherry pick like that. If I have reason to believe your intentions on a forum are to cause drama, I'm going to block you. It's pretty simple.
I have no interest in changing your view of Chippy or his contributions; I simply wanted to correct your inaccurate assessment of his posting history.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
02-02-2014, 02:58 AM
I guess it's a matter of opinion, either way. My opinion is that if something is 99% shit and 1% gold, it's not worth the trouble of digging through all that shit just to get the gold.

02-02-2014, 03:05 AM
(02-02-2014 02:40 AM)Cephalotus Wrote:  
(02-02-2014 02:29 AM)Vosur Wrote:  I am challenging your claim that he has made no valuable contributions to the forum because he has demonstrated the opposite on many different occasions.

Ok, I'm going to go ahead and answer this as best I can, and if we have anything else to say on the matter we'll just have to pm each other. This has the potential to get miles off topic, and actually it's probably gone too far already.

Even if he has made a few good contributions in the past, I don't personally care because he's demonstrated very clear-cut immaturity and close-mindedness towards groups of people that represent a good majority of the forum. (Namely, Americans and ex-pagans.) He has antagonized and directly attacked other members (numerous times) in the very short amount of time that I've been here, and caused threads to be split because of his disruptions. For every valuable contribution you can link, I can link you a dozen spam posts in return. He's a good embodiment of how I feel about Christianity: Just because Jesus said a few good things in the new testament doesn't make all the atrocities in the rest of the bible automatically bunk. I don't like to cherry pick like that. If I have reason to believe your intentions on a forum are to cause drama, I'm going to block you. It's pretty simple.

Retard logic decoded:

I haven't read most of what Chippy has posted and I can't actually understand some of the technical stuff that Chippy has posted so I'm not really in a position to make any sort of assessment about Chippy's contribution to the forum. I just say he makes no valuable contribution because I don't like him.
02-02-2014, 03:13 AM
(02-02-2014 02:45 AM)Cephalotus Wrote:  
(02-02-2014 02:32 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Do you think that sincerely doubting whether I'm a functioning member of society is justified based on a single post?

No. That post was just the straw that broke the camel's back.

This is *usual* behavior for you (in this thread especially) and I've known several people irl who word things similarly as you do, and exhibited similar online behavior to what you are showing here. They're both, for all intents and purposes, crazy. I'm no psychologist, but if the shoe fits....lace that bitch up and wear it. Drinking Beverage

Why the actual fuck are there so many trolls here? It seems like the threads get off topic way too often, and there's always some random shit like this going on.

Retard logic decoded:

I have no credentials in mental health and I don't really know much about the subject but I've known "crazy" people so that counts for something. Using just one of your posts I can determine large slabs of your biography and tell that you are "crazy". I am not crazy even though you'd get that impression from my posts. I am not crazy because I said you are crazy first.
[+] 1 user Likes Chippy's post
02-02-2014, 03:40 AM
(02-02-2014 03:13 AM)Chippy Wrote:  
(02-02-2014 02:45 AM)Cephalotus Wrote:  No. That post was just the straw that broke the camel's back.

Retard logic decoded:

I have no credentials in mental health and I don't really know much about the subject but I've known "crazy" people so that counts for something. Using just one of your posts I can determine large slabs of your biography and tell that you are "crazy". I am not crazy even though you'd get that impression from my posts. I am not crazy because I said you are crazy first.

It has been conclusively proven that the usage of certain words is a sign of "crazy". However we cannot say whether it is the words or the user which is the catalyst. The chicken and the egg analogy typifies the conundrum we face.
02-02-2014, 03:48 AM
Yep.
You wear those niiiiiiiiiiice, baby.
Nice!
Next time, maybe something with a taller heel? Or buckled straps? Thumbsup

Wait a minute...is Chippy still responding to my posts after we both mutually decided it would be best to ignore each other? For crying out loud, I'm beginning to think there's only a dozen sane people who participate here.

I truthfully feel sorry that you guys have to deal with so many trolls. I can't even imagine how long shit like this has been going on since before I even got here. This is ridiculous. So many people just spouting randomness and the rest of us are actually interested in a nice chat.

[+] 2 users Like Cephalotus's post