3 questions for atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 1.5 Average
30-12-2013, 04:14 AM
RE: 3 questions for atheists
(30-12-2013 04:06 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Your points were few and far between. The only one worth responding to were possibly showing the atheism espoused here to not hold an agenda or attempted to indoctrinate. If you hadn't picked up on that by now you never will. So why would I I bother?

The single only point I made was that this forum like any other out there serves the purpose of social gathering.

Quote:It really wasn't an adult conversation.

A pathetic little thing like you that deliberatly ignores what people post to post the same nonsence over and over again, does not have the privilege of being the judge over what is mature and what is not.

Adress the points I made or find another place to annoy people.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes The Germans are coming's post
30-12-2013, 01:11 PM
(30-12-2013 03:48 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(30-12-2013 03:41 AM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  As expected you are to imature to handel an adult conversation by not answering any of my points and chicken out.
*too
*immature
*handle
*chickening

[Image: Y5tGBer.jpg]

I'm sorry, but I have to. Tongue

[Image: funny_grandma_grammar_tee.jpg?height=250...quare=true]

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
30-12-2013, 01:16 PM
(30-12-2013 02:58 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(30-12-2013 01:30 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Oh, look, the sad and pathetic theist-shill troll is trying to be cute and toss off yet another strawman.

[Image: gladiator-thumbs-down.gif]

COMMODUS SAYS: "FAIL".

You don't know what a strawman is do you?

I most certainly do.

[Image: strawman-full.jpg]

An example would be to claim that my "rationale for claiming religion is incorrect is because they tell you what to do".

Show where I have said that or admit your strawman fallacy.

30-12-2013, 01:19 PM
(30-12-2013 04:06 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(30-12-2013 03:41 AM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  As expected you are to imature to handel an adult conversation by not answering any of my points and chicken out.

Your points were few and far between. The only one worth responding to were possibly showing the atheism espoused here to not hold an agenda or attempted to indoctrinate. If you hadn't picked up on that by now you never will. So why would I I bother?

It really wasn't an adult conversation.

[Image: Monty-Python.jpg]

30-12-2013, 01:21 PM
Brownshirt, if you are still here.

Have you addressed the difference between "believe there is not" versus "not believe there is"?

I think somebody brought up Dillahunty's gumball example. (this isn't exactly it, but a spin off)
A gumball machine is full of gumballs.
Let's say a position called "Evengumist" exists that states, "There is an even number of gumballs in this machine."
Do you agree with the evengumist? (do you think the number of gumballs is even?)
Do you disagree with the unfounded assertion that the number of gumballs is even?
Do you think the number of gumballs is odd?

There is a difference between "not believing the number of gumballs is even."
And, "believing the number of gumballs is, in fact, not even."

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
30-12-2013, 01:27 PM
(30-12-2013 04:14 AM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  
(30-12-2013 04:06 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Your points were few and far between. The only one worth responding to were possibly showing the atheism espoused here to not hold an agenda or attempted to indoctrinate. If you hadn't picked up on that by now you never will. So why would I I bother?

The single only point I made was that this forum like any other out there serves the purpose of social gathering.

Quote:It really wasn't an adult conversation.

A pathetic little thing like you that deliberatly ignores what people post to post the same nonsence over and over again, does not have the privilege of being the judge over what is mature and what is not.

Adress the points I made or find another place to annoy people.

If you haven't gathered yet, the lack of belief is not a valid reason to gather. Perhaps you want to criticise religion and congregate for that reason.

I have now addressed your points, if you don't think so I can't help you.
30-12-2013, 01:33 PM
(30-12-2013 01:27 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  If you haven't gathered yet, the lack of belief is not a valid reason to gather.

Anything at all is a valid reason to gather. People are social animals.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
30-12-2013, 01:33 PM
BS, mind if I call you that?

Well, BS, your posts lack a few things - lemme be the one to point them out to you:

1. Consistency
2. Actual meaningfulness
3. Cowbell

If anything, at least put more cowbell in. You can never get enough cowbell.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
30-12-2013, 01:36 PM
(30-12-2013 01:16 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(30-12-2013 02:58 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  You don't know what a strawman is do you?

I most certainly do.

[Image: strawman-full.jpg]

An example would be to claim that my "rationale for claiming religion is incorrect is because they tell you what to do".

Show where I have said that or admit your strawman fallacy.

I'm not convinced googling something means you understand what it means, you kids in the information age huh. A little 'knowledge' is a dangerous thing.

You said: " If it were simply a matter of non-belief in one or another person's view, it would be silly as fuck to form a group on that basis. When that "someone" -- which is to say, that huge group of someones -- tries to force their beliefs on us and our fucking children, that's another story".

Perhaps you don't like the slant I've put on it, if so you should try focusing on the impact religion has had and not try presenting any naturalist focus.

I like it when people cannot differentiate between religion, man's impact on it and philosophy.
30-12-2013, 01:40 PM
(30-12-2013 01:21 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Brownshirt, if you are still here.

Have you addressed the difference between "believe there is not" versus "not believe there is"?

I think somebody brought up Dillahunty's gumball example. (this isn't exactly it, but a spin off)
A gumball machine is full of gumballs.
Let's say a position called "Evengumist" exists that states, "There is an even number of gumballs in this machine."
Do you agree with the evengumist? (do you think the number of gumballs is even?)
Do you disagree with the unfounded assertion that the number of gumballs is even?
Do you think the number of gumballs is odd?

There is a difference between "not believing the number of gumballs is even."
And, "believing the number of gumballs is, in fact, not even."

The difference is taking an active position against those who believe there is an even number. Most wouldn't care. Or let me guess, if religion was gone everything would be perfect?