3 questions for atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 1.5 Average
30-12-2013, 02:20 PM
RE: 3 questions for atheists
(30-12-2013 02:09 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Can you justify anything you say? Outline where my writing is atrocious and I'll reword it. Otherwise I will just think your condescending approach is just an poor attempt to give you leverage.

Given atheists require that theists rationalise their perspective (provide evidence etc) I would like atheists to do the same once your position goes beyond a "lack of belief".

That seems to be too much to ask, and I should just assume you're as correct as the bible. Hardly convincing is it?

I already did so in a previous reply. You assumed I was thick - if the response was unsatisfactory and did not meet your standards and failed to fulfill its 100% satisfaction guarantee promise then I urge you to please return your reply within the original box it was sent out in.

I'm an atheist and I don't require that theists rationalize their perspectives. I got better shit to do. That would take more than an entire lifetime to accomplish.

That's the problem with assuming. You prerogative, though! Thumbsup

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
30-12-2013, 02:20 PM
(30-12-2013 02:16 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Ok so we have no basis to gather based on a lack of belief, no basis to believe life would be better if there was no religion. So what's the purpose of atheism again?

As a movement ? To counter the religious dicks who try to make laws about forcing religion in schools and so forth. Fuck 'em.

Otherwise it's just people living their lives like everyone else. Plus some of us who were brought up religious have this kinda morbid fascination with watching religio-tits get all wound up over the fact that we don't buy their bullshit and we even actively advise others that it's a scam Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
30-12-2013, 02:21 PM
(30-12-2013 02:14 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(30-12-2013 02:11 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  You don't dictate to the world what the definitions of atheism and agnosticism, or anything else are.

All you are doing amounts to a bunch of equivocation (yet another fallacy).

I don't think anyone here believes you are anything but a theist shill.

Yes of course you do. It's how you justify anyone disagreeing with you, they MUST be a theist.

If you are older than me, I feel really sorry for you.

[Image: 28220090.jpg#biden%20douche%20bag%20400x400]

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
[+] 1 user Likes Question's post
30-12-2013, 02:24 PM
(30-12-2013 02:20 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  
(30-12-2013 02:09 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Can you justify anything you say? Outline where my writing is atrocious and I'll reword it. Otherwise I will just think your condescending approach is just an poor attempt to give you leverage.

Given atheists require that theists rationalise their perspective (provide evidence etc) I would like atheists to do the same once your position goes beyond a "lack of belief".

That seems to be too much to ask, and I should just assume you're as correct as the bible. Hardly convincing is it?

I already did so in a previous reply. You assumed I was thick - if the response was unsatisfactory and did not meet your standards and failed to fulfill its 100% satisfaction guarantee promise then I urge you to please return your reply within the original box it was sent out in.

I'm an atheist and I don't require that theists rationalize their perspectives. I got better shit to do. That would take more than an entire lifetime to accomplish.

You still haven't outlined where my wording was atrocious.

Most here aren't very bright from what I've seen so far, so it seemed a safe assumption to make unless proven otherwise. Evidence and all that stuff you know?

I've for asked the purpose of atheism. Lacking belief in someone else's perspective makes no sense, Utopia would be achieved sans religion is tenuous, what else?
30-12-2013, 02:26 PM
(30-12-2013 02:24 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(30-12-2013 02:20 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  I already did so in a previous reply. You assumed I was thick - if the response was unsatisfactory and did not meet your standards and failed to fulfill its 100% satisfaction guarantee promise then I urge you to please return your reply within the original box it was sent out in.

You still haven't outlined where my wording was atrocious.

Most here aren't very bright from what I've seen so far, so it seemed a safe assumption to make unless proven otherwise. Evidence and all that stuff you know?

I've for asked the purpose of atheism. Lacking belief in someone else's perspective makes no sense, Utopia would be achieved sans religion is tenuous, what else?
Not every belief system or way of living needs to have a goal you know. Not everything has to follow the same given structure that everyone else follows.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
[+] 1 user Likes Question's post
30-12-2013, 02:26 PM
(30-12-2013 02:24 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Most here aren't very bright from what I've seen so far, so it seemed a safe assumption to make unless proven otherwise. Evidence and all that stuff you know?

It's fine we assumed you were a fucken idiot too Wink

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
30-12-2013, 02:27 PM
(30-12-2013 02:20 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(30-12-2013 02:16 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Ok so we have no basis to gather based on a lack of belief, no basis to believe life would be better if there was no religion. So what's the purpose of atheism again?

As a movement ? To counter the religious dicks who try to make laws about forcing religion in schools and so forth. Fuck 'em.

Otherwise it's just people living their lives like everyone else. Plus some of us who were brought up religious have this kinda morbid fascination with watching religio-tits get all wound up over the fact that we don't buy their bullshit and we even actively advise others that it's a scam Smile

Fair enough.

Yuck Alanis Morrisette.
30-12-2013, 02:27 PM
(30-12-2013 02:03 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  I want to see if you can justify atheism to make it any less of a leap of faith than theism. Failing so far.

OH, look: Theist Shill trolling Theist Bullshit Apologetics Lines of Shit finally admits it's Theist Shill trolling Theist Bullshit Apologetics Lines of Shit.

Who'dathunkit? Rolleyes

Yes, your assertion IS failing, and will continue to fail.

But thank you for admitting the irrationality of your religious "leaps of faith".

It always pleases me when a theist accuses atheists of using the same sort of "leap of faith" that they do; it tells me that they know that it's a Bad Thing.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
30-12-2013, 02:28 PM
(30-12-2013 02:26 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(30-12-2013 02:24 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Most here aren't very bright from what I've seen so far, so it seemed a safe assumption to make unless proven otherwise. Evidence and all that stuff you know?

It's fine we assumed you were a fucken idiot too Wink

If I assumed you were a bunch of idiots, why would I care?

Yuck Alanis Morrissete.
30-12-2013, 02:28 PM (This post was last modified: 30-12-2013 02:32 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(30-12-2013 01:53 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(30-12-2013 01:48 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Then don't fucking "gather".
It's not up to you to determine when, why, and how others wish to gather, or in what way they find gathering valuable, your Holiness. May we now kiss your pontifical ass ring ?

Gather away, just don't pretend it has any rational basis for doing so.

It's rational if people who chose to do so find it useful. YOU don't get to define what others value, your Holiness. Are you like 12 years old ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post