3 questions for atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 1.5 Average
30-12-2013, 02:55 PM
RE: 3 questions for atheists
(30-12-2013 02:30 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(30-12-2013 02:27 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  OH, look: Theist Shill trolling Theist Bullshit Apologetics Lines of Shit finally admits it's Theist Shill trolling Theist Bullshit Apologetics Lines of Shit.

Who'dathunkit? Rolleyes

Yes, your assertion IS failing, and will continue to fail.

But thank you for admitting the irrationality of your religious "leaps of faith".

It always pleases me when a theist accuses atheists of using the same sort of "leap of faith" that they do; it tells me that they know that it's a Bad Thing.

You're mental.Hobo

[Image: tumblr_lut83tj9XF1qa9p9bo1_400.gif]

According to my last psych evaluation, yes.

And yet I am still running circles around your sorry ass, and destroying every bullshit assertion you make here. In style.

That should tell you something.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-12-2013, 02:57 PM
(30-12-2013 02:55 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(30-12-2013 02:30 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  You're mental.Hobo

[Image: tumblr_lut83tj9XF1qa9p9bo1_400.gif]

And yet I am still running circles around your sorry ass, and destroying every bullshit assertion you make here. In style.

What is that picture from?

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
30-12-2013, 02:59 PM
(30-12-2013 02:57 PM)Question Wrote:  
(30-12-2013 02:55 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  [Image: tumblr_lut83tj9XF1qa9p9bo1_400.gif]

Taq's last psych eval, didn'tcha read it ? Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
30-12-2013, 02:59 PM
(30-12-2013 02:57 PM)Question Wrote:  
(30-12-2013 02:55 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  [Image: tumblr_lut83tj9XF1qa9p9bo1_400.gif]

The movie Con Air.

[+] 3 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
30-12-2013, 03:07 PM
(30-12-2013 02:59 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(30-12-2013 02:57 PM)Question Wrote:  What is that picture from?

The movie Con Air.

I rather enjoyed that movie. Big Grin

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
30-12-2013, 03:20 PM (This post was last modified: 30-12-2013 03:48 PM by kim.)
(30-12-2013 01:14 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  I simply don't believe people come together and use a basis of lacking belief in theist claims for doing so.

Well, people do come together and use a basis of lacking belief in theist claims for doing so.

You don't believe something while many people do. Hooray.
You now lack belief... clearly, you are as fucked as the rest of us.

Seems quite jolly to be all in the same boat. Drinking Beverage
_________

So, why didn't you answer any of my questions? You directly said to me that if I wanted to know something, just ask... I asked quite a few questions and you never responded at all to my post. Why is that?

I also included a nice graphic which may have been helpful to understand what you seem to be referring to as "position". You seem to be expecting those who refer to themselves as atheist, to take another "position" or that they've "chosen" some "wrong" or "invalid position".

Oh well, let's press on...

I'd appreciate a response. Here is a link to my post. If you prefer to proceed from here rather than go back, I'll simply ask my questions here.
I'll also include the nice graphic.

Helpful graphic:
[Image: nb2mO.jpg]

Why are you here on this particular forum?
Are you trying to learn about different ideas and people ... possibly to find out why those ideas and people are different than you and your ideas?
Do you frequent other forums? If so, what kinds?

I also answered your questions:
1. Why do you have an active lack of belief?

I (and others, it seems) do not understand what you mean when you refer to "active" lack of belief. Do you refer to atheist activism? Are you conflating activism with someone's lack of faith? ... Those might be very different things... again, to different people. I can be an activist whilst having a total lack of faith... I am and I do. (this is why forums have introductions) Click on my name to view my brief bio.

I suppose the word to focus on might be why: I lack belief because I don't believe. Since you get to not believe things, I have that right, as well.

Also, perhaps there are people here willing to state that they are quite certain there is no god. Although, probably hard pressed to find a hard core, 100%, full-on atheist but, I suppose they are around. Just as there are hard core, 100%, full on theists... I can tell you we do have a few of those here.

The position comes across as one who wants to be recognised as one who negates any form of god but not have to prove anything.

Position? Are you talking about the position of being atheist - the position of being without faith in a god? That position would refer to the belief that God does not exist; a position of "belief" may be unsubstantiated (since evidence is not present) and makes no claim, per se. A position which does not make a claim, carries no burden of proof.

2. What is the purpose of atheism?

I don't know if there is a purpose as such... atheism does stand in opposition to theism. Since we are asking questions: what is the purpose of theism?

3. Why believe evidence is (or will be) available to confirm or negate a god?

I don't know that evidence is (or will be) available to confirm or negate a god. Perhaps that is an expectation you have assumed of the average person on this forum? There again, I don't expect evidence to confirm or negate... I already don't believe a god exists. Evidence is fine if someone thinks they need to come up with some ... but as I said before, a god is irrelevant to my life.

I do have some final questions:
What of theism?
Have you gone on to theist forums and asked them...
Why do you have an active belief?
What is the purpose of theism?
Why believe evidence is (or will be) available to confirm a god?

If you have gone to theist forums and asked these questions, why do you do this?

Please respond. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
30-12-2013, 03:41 PM
(30-12-2013 01:14 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  I simply don't believe people come together and use a basis of lacking belief in theist claims for doing so.

This is a fallacious Argument from Personal Incredulity.

30-12-2013, 04:09 PM
(30-12-2013 03:41 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  

This is a fallacious Argument from Personal Incredulity.

Here's you contradicting yourself, you're simply a troll who looks to attack anyone who questions atheism:

" If it were simply a matter of non-belief in one or another person's view, it would be silly as fuck to form a group on that basis."
30-12-2013, 04:10 PM
(30-12-2013 02:55 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(30-12-2013 02:30 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  You're mental.Hobo

Yes it does, affirmations from someone who is insane are likely to be wrong.
30-12-2013, 04:12 PM
(30-12-2013 03:20 PM)kim Wrote:  

Well, people do come together and use a basis of lacking belief in theist claims for doing so.

You don't believe something while many people do. Hooray.
You now lack belief... clearly, you are as fucked as the rest of us.

Seems quite jolly to be all in the same boat. Drinking Beverage
_________

So, why didn't you answer any of my questions? You directly said to me that if I wanted to know something, just ask... I asked quite a few questions and you never responded at all to my post. Why is that?

I also included a nice graphic which may have been helpful to understand what you seem to be referring to as "position". You seem to be expecting those who refer to themselves as atheist, to take another "position" or that they've "chosen" some "wrong" or "invalid position".

Oh well, let's press on...

I'd appreciate a response. Here is a link to my post. If you prefer to proceed from here rather than go back, I'll simply ask my questions here.
I'll also include the nice graphic.

Helpful graphic:
[Image: nb2mO.jpg]

Why are you here on this particular forum?
Are you trying to learn about different ideas and people ... possibly to find out why those ideas and people are different than you and your ideas?
Do you frequent other forums? If so, what kinds?

I also answered your questions:
1. Why do you have an active lack of belief?

I (and others, it seems) do not understand what you mean when you refer to "active" lack of belief. Do you refer to atheist activism? Are you conflating activism with someone's lack of faith? ... Those might be very different things... again, to different people. I can be an activist whilst having a total lack of faith... I am and I do. (this is why forums have introductions) Click on my name to view my brief bio.

I suppose the word to focus on might be why: I lack belief because I don't believe. Since you get to not believe things, I have that right, as well.

Also, perhaps there are people here willing to state that they are quite certain there is no god. Although, probably hard pressed to find a hard core, 100%, full-on atheist but, I suppose they are around. Just as there are hard core, 100%, full on theists... I can tell you we do have a few of those here.

The position comes across as one who wants to be recognised as one who negates any form of god but not have to prove anything.

Position? Are you talking about the position of being atheist - the position of being without faith in a god? That position would refer to the belief that God does not exist; a position of "belief" may be unsubstantiated (since evidence is not present) and makes no claim, per se. A position which does not make a claim, carries no burden of proof.

2. What is the purpose of atheism?

I don't know if there is a purpose as such... atheism does stand in opposition to theism. Since we are asking questions: what is the purpose of theism?

3. Why believe evidence is (or will be) available to confirm or negate a god?

I don't know that evidence is (or will be) available to confirm or negate a god. Perhaps that is an expectation you have assumed of the average person on this forum? There again, I don't expect evidence to confirm or negate... I already don't believe a god exists. Evidence is fine if someone thinks they need to come up with some ... but as I said before, a god is irrelevant to my life.

I do have some final questions:
What of theism?
Have you gone on to theist forums and asked them...
Why do you have an active belief?
What is the purpose of theism?
Why believe evidence is (or will be) available to confirm a god?

If you have gone to theist forums and asked these questions, why do you do this?

Please respond. Drinking Beverage

Yes I will respond, but don't have time to right now. I will do so later.