3 questions for atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 1.5 Average
30-12-2013, 05:02 PM
RE: 3 questions for atheists
(30-12-2013 04:49 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  If you are truly agnostic, you still either believe in god or not.

Oddly I've know a few theist types who were basically agnostic. They just liked the "idea" of believing.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
30-12-2013, 05:03 PM
(30-12-2013 04:54 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(30-12-2013 04:31 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I'm sorry but I haven't been back to this thread in a while; can someone explain the purpose of this thread?
Like atheism (OP question #2), this thread has no "purpose".

You could say each individual gives atheism it's own meaning, but unlike religion it doesn't have a collected purpose for all members to follow.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
30-12-2013, 05:03 PM
(30-12-2013 04:54 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(30-12-2013 04:31 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I'm sorry but I haven't been back to this thread in a while; can someone explain the purpose of this thread?
Like atheism (OP question #2), this thread has no "purpose".

Thumbsup

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

30-12-2013, 05:20 PM
(30-12-2013 04:29 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(30-12-2013 04:09 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Here's you contradicting yourself, you're simply a troll who looks to attack anyone who questions atheism:

" If it were simply a matter of non-belief in one or another person's view, it would be silly as fuck to form a group on that basis."

Oh, look -- Fallacious Quote Mining (quoting out-of-context)!

That was part of a comparison with the larger issue of an entire group of believers who would impose their beliefs on us by force.

Time for a remedial Reading Comprehension class for you, Bucko.

Or you could admit the truth that you are being a disingenuous, lying, full-of-shit troll.

(30-12-2013 04:10 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Yes it does, affirmations from someone who is insane are likely to be wrong.

Even the Village Idiot can see that The Emperor Has No Clothes.

You are an idiot and love the context dodge. Like I said the bouncer for this place needs some muscle.
30-12-2013, 05:29 PM
(30-12-2013 05:20 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(30-12-2013 04:29 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Oh, look -- Fallacious Quote Mining (quoting out-of-context)!

That was part of a comparison with the larger issue of an entire group of believers who would impose their beliefs on us by force.

Time for a remedial Reading Comprehension class for you, Bucko.

Or you could admit the truth that you are being a disingenuous, lying, full-of-shit troll.

Even the Village Idiot can see that The Emperor Has No Clothes.

You are an idiot and love the context dodge. Like I said the bouncer for this place needs some muscle.

LOL "Context dodge"?

[Image: 2dsod3m.jpg]

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
30-12-2013, 05:57 PM
(30-12-2013 04:36 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(30-12-2013 04:20 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  I find most atheists to be "trolls", the basis for the position is opposing someone's else view.

Trolls are simply in opposition to others views?

So... If someone went around claiming that a giant talking jellyfish invented the first spoon, anyone whos position opposed that, is a troll?

Give this man the key to the forum, he is our intellectual superior!
Yes that's all you need.
30-12-2013, 05:59 PM
(30-12-2013 05:29 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(30-12-2013 05:20 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  You are an idiot and love the context dodge. Like I said the bouncer for this place needs some muscle.

LOL "Context dodge"?

[Image: 2dsod3m.jpg]

I know that's what I thought when you claimed I quoted you out of context, despite the quotes directly contradicting each other. It shows how inconsistent you are. It's not surprising though as you're mental.
30-12-2013, 06:00 PM
(30-12-2013 05:57 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(30-12-2013 04:36 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  Trolls are simply in opposition to others views?

So... If someone went around claiming that a giant talking jellyfish invented the first spoon, anyone whos position opposed that, is a troll?

Give this man the key to the forum, he is our intellectual superior!
Yes that's all you need.

[Image: yo-dawg-i-heard-you-tried-to-troll-y-u-fail-tho.jpg]

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
30-12-2013, 06:01 PM
(30-12-2013 05:03 PM)Question Wrote:  
(30-12-2013 04:54 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Like atheism (OP question #2), this thread has no "purpose".

You could say each individual gives atheism it's own meaning, but unlike religion it doesn't have a collected purpose for all members to follow.

You mean all theists have a single collective purpose. All theists follow a single purpose, while all atheists have their own purpose.

Fucken hell, got any other gems?

I would guess the vast majority of the atheists here are materialists as defined here.
30-12-2013, 06:05 PM
(30-12-2013 05:03 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(30-12-2013 04:54 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Like atheism (OP question #2), this thread has no "purpose".

Thumbsup

So atheism has no purpose yet you congregate here. Can you name any other group which has no purpose, or is it just atheism?Big Grin