3 questions for atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 1.5 Average
30-12-2013, 06:07 PM
RE: 3 questions for atheists
(30-12-2013 04:49 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(30-12-2013 01:52 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Your past is your past, I used to be an atheist and am now agnostic.

I know its been said already, but you either ignore it or didn't see it:

If you are answering: "Do you believe in God?"
You have two possibilities: Yes (Theism) or No(Atheism)
There is no middle ground with belief

If you are answering: "Does god exist?"
You can say: Yes(gnostic), No(gnostic), or "I dont know" (agnostic)

Most here are agnostic atheist. We dont believe in god, but dont claim knowledge of gods nonexistence.

If you are truly agnostic, you still either believe in god or not.

I've already addressed that, I will guess you either ignored it or didn't see it.

If you're truly agnostic, your beliefs play no role. The state of being unable to know, or not knowing shouldn't have any impact of your beliefs.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-12-2013, 06:10 PM
(30-12-2013 06:01 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(30-12-2013 05:03 PM)Question Wrote:  You could say each individual gives atheism it's own meaning, but unlike religion it doesn't have a collected purpose for all members to follow.

You mean all theists have a single collective purpose. All theists follow a single purpose, while all atheists have their own purpose.

Fucken hell, got any other gems?

I would guess the vast majority of the atheists here are materialists as defined here.

[Image: the-Wicker-Man-6.jpg]

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
30-12-2013, 06:11 PM
(30-12-2013 04:31 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  You had time enough to write several pathetic attempts at responses to me.

Laughat You think I'd bother with a devout atheist such as yourself? It would be like trying to convince the people from Westboro as well. Very funny though.
30-12-2013, 06:13 PM (This post was last modified: 30-12-2013 06:17 PM by Adrianime.)
I already named similar groups in an earlier post. Such as an ethnic union, or an LGBT club. They don't have a purpose as an LGBT person or an ethnic person, but gathering with those who have a commonality with you...a commonality that is judged and dehumanized by others...is nice. If you had a characteristic that was rare, and had a huge stigma associated with it, would you not want to talk to others who shared that characteristic with you?

Have you never been discriminated against?

Even if the characteristic was not rare. As has been said, humans are social creatures. It's natural to want to be part of a community or group.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
30-12-2013, 06:13 PM
(30-12-2013 06:07 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  If you're truly agnostic, blah blah blah....

[Image: card.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
30-12-2013, 06:14 PM
(30-12-2013 06:10 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(30-12-2013 06:01 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  You mean all theists have a single collective purpose. All theists follow a single purpose, while all atheists have their own purpose.

Fucken hell, got any other gems?

I would guess the vast majority of the atheists here are materialists as defined here.

[Image: the-Wicker-Man-6.jpg]

Oh I got it, you hve no beliefs just a lack of a belief in someone else's belief. This required no justification whatsoever. You're so typical of the new breed of atheist, perhaps just keep reading Dawkins/Harris/Hitchens (Best of) to remain convinced.

So dreary.
30-12-2013, 06:17 PM
(30-12-2013 06:13 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(30-12-2013 06:07 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  If you're truly agnostic, blah blah blah....

[Image: card.jpg]

At least know what the word means before trying to claim yourself as one.

Since you're such a fan of links, show a non-atheist claiming agnosticism is based on what you know, and theism/atheism is based on what you believe. Have fun.
30-12-2013, 06:17 PM
(30-12-2013 06:11 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(30-12-2013 04:31 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  You had time enough to write several pathetic attempts at responses to me.

Laughat You think I'd bother with a devout atheist such as yourself?

Actually, you just did. But here we are, three hours later and umpteen more posts from you, and you STILL are avoiding Kim's questions.

30-12-2013, 06:18 PM
(30-12-2013 06:13 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  I already named similar groups in an earlier post. Such as an ethnic union, or an LGBT club. They don't have a purpose as an LGBT person or an ethnic person, but gathering with those who have a commonality with you...a commonality that is judged and dehumanized by others...is nice. If you had a characteristic that was rare, and had a huge stigma associated with it, would you not want to talk to others who shared that characteristic with you?

Have you never been discriminated against?

Even if the characteristic was not rare. As has been said, humans are social creatures. It's natural to want to be part of a community or group.

No idea if you're talking to me.
30-12-2013, 06:20 PM
(30-12-2013 06:14 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(30-12-2013 06:10 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  [Image: the-Wicker-Man-6.jpg]

Oh I got it, you hve no beliefs just a lack of a belief in someone else's belief. This required no justification whatsoever. You're so typical of the new breed of atheist, perhaps just keep reading Dawkins/Harris/Hitchens (Best of) to remain convinced.

So dreary.

You remind me of an evangelical I know who tells other Christians they aren't true Christians since they don't espouse their dogma.

You seem oddly similar. So, you fancy yourself a true agnostic and everyone else is simply pretending?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces