3 questions for atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 1.5 Average
01-01-2014, 09:26 PM
RE: 3 questions for atheists
(01-01-2014 08:26 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 08:12 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Yes, I'm reacting to the proselytisation attempts by atheists. I just wish they would fuck off and let people be.

I understand. But why would an atheist come to an atheist forum to proselytize?
It would make more sense to go somewhere where there are more people of differing opinions to speak with. I came here to discuss shit with other atheists and get away from proselytizing.

You know what I hate? People that show up here and proceed to tell me who I am and how I should think or act. I just wish they would fuck off and let people be. If a person of faith wants to come here to debate, they are welcome to. But they know what they are walking into so we don't need your fucking crying about it.

Yeah sure you proceed to call me an athiest and piss and moan about other people telling you how to think.

I came here to see if any atheists could validate what you think and why. I've come across one despite that single person you're all the fucking same. If you invade my space don't whine when I do the same to yours.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-01-2014, 09:39 PM
(01-01-2014 09:26 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 08:26 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  I understand. But why would an atheist come to an atheist forum to proselytize?
It would make more sense to go somewhere where there are more people of differing opinions to speak with. I came here to discuss shit with other atheists and get away from proselytizing.

You know what I hate? People that show up here and proceed to tell me who I am and how I should think or act. I just wish they would fuck off and let people be. If a person of faith wants to come here to debate, they are welcome to. But they know what they are walking into so we don't need your fucking crying about it.

Yeah sure you proceed to call me an athiest and piss and moan about other people telling you how to think.

I came here to see if any atheists could validate what you think and why. I've come across one despite that single person you're all the fucking same. If you invade my space don't whine when I do the same to yours.

It's pretty fucking simple. By definition of the goddamned word, you are an atheist. It's not my fault that you have a problem with that. You are the one pissing and moaning. If you think I've ever invaded your space then you're just a twat.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 3 users Like evenheathen's post
01-01-2014, 10:49 PM
Nah sorry only atheists define agnostics as atheists. Funny thing is even theists distinuish between them. I believe in a deity as much as I don't.

You're an atheist. They have invaded my space much like theists have invaded yours. Do you know all theists?
01-01-2014, 11:05 PM
(01-01-2014 10:49 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Nah sorry only atheists define agnostics as atheists. Funny thing is even theists distinuish between them. I believe in a deity as much as I don't.

You're an atheist. They have invaded my space much like theists have invaded yours. Do you know all theists?

Do you know all atheists? You seem to claim to know what all of "us" are like. You are too dense to recognize what logically follows a simple definition of a term. Atheist and agnostic are pretty much interchangeable. You can add qualifiers such as "gnostic" to words to help narrow down the intended meaning of the word in the context that you are giving it, but you can't just redefine words. Theists don't invade my space, they fucking are my space.

Your stupid complaints belong on a youtube comment section. But good luck changing the world here at TTA.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
01-01-2014, 11:14 PM
C'mon evenheathen, ONLY ATHEISTS follow the logical implications of the accurate and most widely accepted definition of atheism. He's OBVIOUSLY different and not just being a stubborn fool!
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
01-01-2014, 11:23 PM
(01-01-2014 10:49 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Nah sorry only atheists define agnostics as atheists. Funny thing is even theists distinuish between them. I believe in a deity as much as I don't.

I don't believe there is a god or there isn't a god - I am agnostic on that subject.

I have no belief in any gods - I am atheistic.

I am an agnostic atheist. If you don't like that terminology, fine - your choice.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
02-01-2014, 12:45 AM
(01-01-2014 11:05 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  

Do you know all atheists? You seem to claim to know what all of "us" are like. You are too dense to recognize what logically follows a simple definition of a term. Atheist and agnostic are pretty much interchangeable. You can add qualifiers such as "gnostic" to words to help narrow down the intended meaning of the word in the context that you are giving it, but you can't just redefine words. Theists don't invade my space, they fucking are my space.

Your stupid complaints belong on a youtube comment section. But good luck changing the world here at TTA.

That you lack the ability to differentiate where belief and knowledge merge is your own issue. By all means assume you possess the capability to assess "reality" as it is.

No one has addressed that only atheists present the atheism/theism is based on what you believe, agnosticism is what you know stance is only ever proposed by atheists.

No, I don't know all atheists, i'm working only of the ones I've spoken to in real life and on the net. You're all so unique, it's difficult to discern.

You say:

Quote:"You are too dense to recognize what logically follows a simple definition of a term. Atheist and agnostic are pretty much interchangeable"

That's fucking gold. Learn what the terms mean before accusing someone of not understanding the terms at hand. Fuck me. Laughat
02-01-2014, 12:52 AM
(01-01-2014 11:14 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  C'mon evenheathen, ONLY ATHEISTS follow the logical implications of the accurate and most widely accepted definition of atheism. He's OBVIOUSLY different and not just being a stubborn fool!

Keep depending on your dictionary genius. I love your "logical implications" implication when they fall over.

Can you tell me why only atheists get to define agnostics? It's interesting given that those who claim to be solely agnostics and theists have such a different view than atheists, don't ya think?

If you look it up it in your dictionary, agnosticism is mostly commonly the view that it is impossible to know if a god exists. Given the repetitive request for atheist to ask for evidence this would be in direct contradiction to the view that it's impossible to know would it not?

Please elaborate beyond your fantastic "logical implication" (aka it's true because I said so) statements, I'm sure they mean to the world to you, but fuck all to me.
02-01-2014, 12:56 AM
(01-01-2014 11:23 PM)Chas Wrote:  

I don't believe there is a god or there isn't a god - I am agnostic on that subject.

I have no belief in any gods - I am atheistic.

I am an agnostic atheist. If you don't like that terminology, fine - your choice.

I don't like the terminology as it attempts to high-jack the meaning of agnosticism , so yours has the facade of being open-minded. We all know that's bullshit.
Kinda like a deity being as plausible as fairies, teapot etc. It's fucking pathetic as a rational position.
02-01-2014, 12:59 AM
(02-01-2014 12:45 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 11:05 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Do you know all atheists? You seem to claim to know what all of "us" are like. You are too dense to recognize what logically follows a simple definition of a term. Atheist and agnostic are pretty much interchangeable. You can add qualifiers such as "gnostic" to words to help narrow down the intended meaning of the word in the context that you are giving it, but you can't just redefine words. Theists don't invade my space, they fucking are my space.

That you lack the ability to differentiate where belief and knowledge merge is your own issue. By all means assume you possess the capability to assess "reality" as it is.

No one has addressed that only atheists present the atheism/theism is based on what you believe, agnosticism is what you know stance is only ever proposed by atheists.

No, I don't know all atheists, i'm working only of the ones I've spoken to in real life and on the net. You're all so unique, it's difficult to discern.

You say:

Quote:"You are too dense to recognize what logically follows a simple definition of a term. Atheist and agnostic are pretty much interchangeable"

That's fucking gold. Learn what the terms mean before accusing someone of not understanding the terms at hand. Fuck me. Laughat

School me then.

Agnostic: we can't know if there is a god.

Atheist: there isn't enough evidence to believe in a god.

Same thing, different semantics. You put too much importance on these terms. Why are we arguing about this?

~ Umberto Eco