3 questions for atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 1.5 Average
02-01-2014, 03:44 AM
RE: 3 questions for atheists
As for the topic at hand, the Catholic Encyclopedia's definition of the term "agnosticism" is as follows (excerpt):

Catholic Encyclopedia Wrote:
Recent Agnosticism is also to a great extent anti-religious, criticizing adversely not only the knowledge we have of God, but the grounds of belief in Him as well. A combination of Agnosticism with Atheism, rather than with sentimental irrational belief, is the course adopted by many. The idea of God is eliminated both from the systematic and personal view which is taken of the world and of life. The attitude of "solemnly suspended judgment" shades off first into indifference towards religion, as an inscrutable affair at best, and next into disbelief. The Agnostic does not always merely abstain from either affirming or denying the existence of God, but crosses over to the old position of theoretic Atheism and, on the plea of insufficient evidence, ceases even to believe that God exists. While, therefore, not to be identified with Atheism, Agnosticism is often found in combination with it.
Source: http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/01215c.htm

I rest my case. Drinking Beverage

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Vosur's post
02-01-2014, 03:48 AM
(02-01-2014 03:41 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(02-01-2014 03:28 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Don't get annoyed, you just have bad taste in music.

Laughat

Whatevs dude. I don't need your approval... however the fact that you *need* to tell me this shit says that you're a dumbfuck. Which I already kinda knew from your other stuff, but thanks for confirming it.

Nooooo not a dumbfuck. I take it back, she's a musical genius.
02-01-2014, 03:50 AM
(02-01-2014 03:43 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(02-01-2014 03:39 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  No one here is capable of much I would suspect. Yeah everyone likes Ironic. Thumbsup

The music was a side note, obviously whoever it is is very close to Alanis and I must have hurt his soul when I said it. Quoting Alanis would be like quoting Katy Perry, so it's worth a comment.

And about that convert statement, have you read this thread? I will guess not. It's better just to make blind comments.
I tried, but I just found your whining so boring

So that makes you convert statement wrong then doesn't it? Keep up.
02-01-2014, 03:55 AM
(02-01-2014 03:44 AM)Vosur Wrote:  As for the topic at hand, the Catholic Encyclopedia's definition of the term "agnosticism" is as follows (excerpt):

Catholic Encyclopedia Wrote:
Recent Agnosticism is also to a great extent anti-religious, criticizing adversely not only the knowledge we have of God, but the grounds of belief in Him as well. A combination of Agnosticism with Atheism, rather than with sentimental irrational belief, is the course adopted by many. The idea of God is eliminated both from the systematic and personal view which is taken of the world and of life. The attitude of "solemnly suspended judgment" shades off first into indifference towards religion, as an inscrutable affair at best, and next into disbelief. The Agnostic does not always merely abstain from either affirming or denying the existence of God, but crosses over to the old position of theoretic Atheism and, on the plea of insufficient evidence, ceases even to believe that God exists. While, therefore, not to be identified with Atheism, Agnosticism is often found in combination with it.
Source: http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/01215c.htm

I rest my case. Drinking Beverage

Haha yeah sure. The definition describes atheists, only because *shock horror*, many atheists adopt the term agnostic to give their position some semblance of rationality. Next.
02-01-2014, 03:59 AM
Rolleyes

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
02-01-2014, 04:02 AM
(02-01-2014 03:50 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(02-01-2014 03:43 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I tried, but I just found your whining so boring

So that makes you convert statement wrong then doesn't it? Keep up.

Why would my not reading the thread make my statement wrong? My not reading the thread means I don't know whether or not my statement is wrong. If one of us is evil and tried to covert you feel free to enlighten me. Just remember accusing you of already being an atheist doesn't not count as trying to convert you ok.
02-01-2014, 04:04 AM
(02-01-2014 03:55 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Haha yeah sure. The definition describes atheists, only because *shock horror*, many atheists adopt the term agnostic to give their position some semblance of rationality. Next.
Do you care to substantiate this claim of yours with evidence?

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
02-01-2014, 04:14 AM
Try this thread.
02-01-2014, 05:36 AM
Congratulations on your open-mindedness Brownshirt. Anyone who believes something obviously has a good case to make. The fact that they believe it surely enough to make it something we can't reasonably rule out. I mean, the self-contradictory origin myths of a desert-dwelling goat herders are obviously to be taken as seriously as any rational idea based on empirical data. We just can't reasonably rule out those multitudes of ideas that our scientific knowledge declares false. To do so would be closed-minded. It would be incredibly arrogant. It would frankly be stupid to declare someone's beliefs to be false just because they logically and empirically are false. I mean, what kind of people would do that?

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
02-01-2014, 07:02 AM
(02-01-2014 02:53 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 11:14 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  C'mon evenheathen, ONLY ATHEISTS follow the logical implications of the accurate and most widely accepted definition of atheism. He's OBVIOUSLY different and not just being a stubborn fool!

Hipgnostic

Because being atheist is too mainstream. Lol

PMSL!

Shiteshirt! ... Why the fuck do you care what I call myself? It's funny reading through the thread. You may well missundersand the words but you are an agnistic atheist. In the UK, There isn't any extra baggage or stigma attached to the word so this. makes this thread extra funny to me.

Also, if I wish to be aggressive towards religious ideas that's up to me. I'll leave them alone when they start paying taxes like every fucker else. When they stop blowing people up for reading the wrong bronze age comic and when they stop taking razor blades to babies genitals.

Just because you want to be thick as fuck and spread your new age hippy propaganda don't expect us to tow the line you dozy cunt.

I'll just play the 'can I help you' lick!!!
[+] 1 user Likes Monster_Riffs's post