3 questions for atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 1.5 Average
02-01-2014, 05:56 PM
RE: 3 questions for atheists
(02-01-2014 04:53 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  I glaze over anything brownshirt says and read everybody elses responses..haha. You guys are playing into his/her antagonizing. I mean, I enjoy reading what you guys have to say, but you must know by now that this will go on forever. Is anybody left here who thinks they can convince brownshirt of...anything that he/she doesn't already believe?

Nope. I've said my peace, and was answered as I expected. I'm done here.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-01-2014, 06:23 PM
(02-01-2014 04:53 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  I glaze over anything brownshirt says and read everybody elses responses..haha. You guys are playing into his/her antagonizing. I mean, I enjoy reading what you guys have to say, but you must know by now that this will go on forever. Is anybody left here who thinks they can convince brownshirt of...anything that he/she doesn't already believe?

I'm just having fun. I know he won't change his view. Shame he isn't open to even a dictionary definition lol ... agree with him about Alanis Morissette though Smile

I'll just play the 'can I help you' lick!!!
[+] 2 users Like Monster_Riffs's post
02-01-2014, 06:54 PM
(02-01-2014 06:23 PM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  

I'm just having fun. I know he won't change his view. Shame he isn't open to even a dictionary definition lol ... agree with him about Alanis Morissette though Smile
Lol
02-01-2014, 06:56 PM
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx8I9xqLwsg[/video]

What about Natalie Imbruglia?

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
02-01-2014, 06:57 PM
(02-01-2014 06:56 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx8I9xqLwsg[/video]

Sad I can never make the videos work
02-01-2014, 07:00 PM
(02-01-2014 06:57 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(02-01-2014 06:56 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx8I9xqLwsg[/video]

Sad I can never make the videos work

get to the video, right click on the url, hit copy. come back, hit the video option and youtube, right click, hit paste then okay. should work every time.

(not gonna comment on the music, but she's friggin' hot!)

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
02-01-2014, 07:22 PM
(02-01-2014 04:05 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(02-01-2014 03:32 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Why is that exactly? Tell me what you've assumed?

When things interact with the universe, it allows us to observe them, either directly or indirectly, and compile evidence and knowledge. If you claim it is impossible to know whether god exists or not, you're claiming that we will never observe his direct or indirect interaction with the observable universe. This is at least an incredibly narrow minded view.

If god exists, and is omnipotent, by the very definition he must be able to do anything, including revealing himself to us in such a way that we can know he exists. If he cannot do that, he is not omnipotent.

If you claim we cant know whether god exists or not, you are claiming that god CANT make himself known to us.

If you claim we wont know whether god exists or not, you are claiming to know the future.

[Image: c91b984e6de1932c216d30cb6ae6353f26c4f051...ca881b.jpg]

Your logic is terrible. We are part of the universe, why must a product of this universe be able to assess all of the universe and beyond it (if it does exist)?

So my logic of not thinking that we could observe any of a deity's interaction is narrow? Should I lack belief in the ability to observe a deity's interaction?

Where am I claiming this deity is omnipotent, or can't make himself known to us? This is your angle, not mine. My question to you based atheist's obsessive pseudo request for evidence presumes he MUST be observable. You cannot conceive otherwise, it's geocentrism from a different perspective.
02-01-2014, 07:23 PM
When is someone going to attempt addressing:

If we can't know there's a deity(agnosticism) why make the claim that there's no evidence for the deity (atheism)? That's implicit in the claim of we cannot know, as the only way we could know would be for evidence for deity.
02-01-2014, 07:59 PM
(02-01-2014 07:00 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(02-01-2014 06:57 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Sad I can never make the videos work

get to the video, right click on the url, hit copy. come back, hit the video option and youtube, right click, hit paste then okay. should work every time.

(not gonna comment on the music, but she's friggin' hot!)

I'm on mobile I don't have a video option to click lol. She is hot but mostly I just really love her music.
02-01-2014, 08:01 PM
(02-01-2014 07:23 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  When is someone going to attempt addressing:

If we can't know there's a deity(agnosticism) why make the claim that there's no evidence for the deity (atheism)? That's implicit in the claim of we cannot know, as the only way we could know would be for evidence for deity.

1) you just said "blah blah blah atheism and agnosticism are essentially the same damn thing blah blah blah"
2) are you still here? Damn I thought we successfully detailed this thread.

Hmm maybe if Dom posts some pictures of cheese.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post