3 questions for atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 1.5 Average
02-01-2014, 11:24 PM
RE: 3 questions for atheists
(02-01-2014 07:22 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(02-01-2014 04:05 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  When things interact with the universe, it allows us to observe them, either directly or indirectly, and compile evidence and knowledge. If you claim it is impossible to know whether god exists or not, you're claiming that we will never observe his direct or indirect interaction with the observable universe. This is at least an incredibly narrow minded view.

If god exists, and is omnipotent, by the very definition he must be able to do anything, including revealing himself to us in such a way that we can know he exists. If he cannot do that, he is not omnipotent.

If you claim we cant know whether god exists or not, you are claiming that god CANT make himself known to us.

If you claim we wont know whether god exists or not, you are claiming to know the future.

[Image: c91b984e6de1932c216d30cb6ae6353f26c4f051...ca881b.jpg]

Your logic is terrible. We are part of the universe, why must a product of this universe be able to assess all of the universe and beyond it (if it does exist)?

So my logic of not thinking that we could observe any of a deity's interaction is narrow? Should I lack belief in the ability to observe a deity's interaction?

Where am I claiming this deity is omnipotent, or can't make himself known to us? This is your angle, not mine. My question to you based atheist's obsessive pseudo request for evidence presumes he MUST be observable. You cannot conceive otherwise, it's geocentrism from a different perspective.

I didn't say anything about beyond the universe. I said that if you claim we can't know if there is a god, you rule out all omnipotence. Since if a god were omnipotent, he would be able to do anything, including making himself known to us. By the very nature of your claim that we can't know god, you imply that god cannot be omnipotent. That seems like a claim of knowledge to me.

Also, even if a god weren't omnipotent, but able to interact with the observable universe, he could potentially be observed interacting with the universe. These observations could lead us to knowledge of the existence of said god.

You may concede and admit that we may be able to know. It would be a more reasonable stance than your unfounded claim that we cannot know.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-01-2014, 11:41 PM
(02-01-2014 11:24 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(02-01-2014 07:22 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Your logic is terrible. We are part of the universe, why must a product of this universe be able to assess all of the universe and beyond it (if it does exist)?

So my logic of not thinking that we could observe any of a deity's interaction is narrow? Should I lack belief in the ability to observe a deity's interaction?

Where am I claiming this deity is omnipotent, or can't make himself known to us? This is your angle, not mine. My question to you based atheist's obsessive pseudo request for evidence presumes he MUST be observable. You cannot conceive otherwise, it's geocentrism from a different perspective.

I didn't say anything about beyond the universe. I said that if you claim we can't know if there is a god, you rule out all omnipotence. Since if a god were omnipotent, he would be able to do anything, including making himself known to us. By the very nature of your claim that we can't know god, you imply that god cannot be omnipotent. That seems like a claim of knowledge to me.

Also, even if a god weren't omnipotent, but able to interact with the observable universe, he could potentially be observed interacting with the universe. These observations could lead us to knowledge of the existence of said god.

You may concede and admit that we may be able to know. It would be a more reasonable stance than your unfounded claim that we cannot know.

What if we could, but we don't, because god says we're not allowed to? O.O
03-01-2014, 12:04 AM
At 13:38 in the video, he says "and there's no reason to say that everybody who rejects the existence of god is an atheist".

Too caught up in semantic bullshit to even know what the fuck he's saying.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
03-01-2014, 12:15 AM
(02-01-2014 11:41 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(02-01-2014 11:24 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  I didn't say anything about beyond the universe. I said that if you claim we can't know if there is a god, you rule out all omnipotence. Since if a god were omnipotent, he would be able to do anything, including making himself known to us. By the very nature of your claim that we can't know god, you imply that god cannot be omnipotent. That seems like a claim of knowledge to me.

What if we could, but we don't, because god says we're not allowed to? O.O

I covered that when I said he must have some knowledge that we won't ever know god to exist...
03-01-2014, 12:26 AM
(02-01-2014 09:29 PM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  
(02-01-2014 08:42 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  One of your own telling you.

He's a fucking idiot in a shit shirt mate. I think he's yours
Genius, fucking idiot belongs to you does it not?
03-01-2014, 12:30 AM
(03-01-2014 12:26 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(02-01-2014 09:29 PM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  He's a fucking idiot in a shit shirt mate. I think he's yours
Genius, fucking idiot belongs to you does it not?

No, don't know him. Never met him. He's arguing semantics, he's full of shit and he's boring as fuck! ... is he your brother? Hahaha

I'll just play the 'can I help you' lick!!!
[+] 2 users Like Monster_Riffs's post
03-01-2014, 01:32 AM
(03-01-2014 12:15 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(02-01-2014 11:41 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  What if we could, but we don't, because god says we're not allowed to? O.O

I covered that when I said he must have some knowledge that we won't ever know god to exist...

Sorry that was a joke. I should have put a picture of Keanu Reeves with it lol.
03-01-2014, 02:17 AM
Next one...

03-01-2014, 02:20 AM
(03-01-2014 02:17 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Next one...

Bored

I'll just play the 'can I help you' lick!!!
03-01-2014, 02:27 AM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2014 02:41 AM by Adrianime.)
Nice, she's pretty attractive Thumbsup

Haha, and if you listen to her all the way through, she addresses agnostic atheists and agnostic theists. She identifies as an atheist (or gnostic atheist). Her beginning and end are actually a little contradictory, but near the end she was using the term agnostic correctly.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.