3 questions for atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 1.5 Average
03-01-2014, 08:22 AM
RE: 3 questions for atheists
(03-01-2014 02:41 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(03-01-2014 02:17 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Next one...

I actually really enjoy watching her videos. Good choice Smile

I might actually watch it then if it's good L&I ... I just didn't bother because I thought it was more of his hipnostic propaganda.

I'll just play the 'can I help you' lick!!!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Monster_Riffs's post
03-01-2014, 08:51 AM
1. Why do you have an active lack of belief? The position comes across as one who wants to be recognised as one who negates any form of god but not have to prove anything.

Faith is believing in something with no supporting evidence. Delusion is the idiosyncratic belief in something despite contradiction by a rational counter point or logical argument. Ergo, faith is delusion. I have an active lack of believe because I am not delusional. I hope.

2. What is the purpose of atheism?

To question. The pursuit of reason.

3. Why believe evidence is (or will be) available to confirm or negate a god?

I don't. I think that to state that such evidence exists or will exist for either argument is daft. It might. It might not. Probability, logic and reason are my North star until my path crosses something more tenable. If indeed there is anything.
03-01-2014, 10:20 AM
(03-01-2014 08:22 AM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  
(03-01-2014 02:41 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I actually really enjoy watching her videos. Good choice Smile

I might actually watch it then if it's good L&I ... I just didn't bother because I thought it was more of his hipnostic propaganda.

Fuck kinda atheist are you, don't know Cristina Rad. Better not be the male kind, might hafta revoke yer charter. Big Grin

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
03-01-2014, 10:24 AM
(03-01-2014 10:20 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(03-01-2014 08:22 AM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  I might actually watch it then if it's good L&I ... I just didn't bother because I thought it was more of his hipnostic propaganda.

Fuck kinda atheist are you, don't know Cristina Rad. Better not be the male kind, might hafta revoke yer charter. Big Grin

NOOOOOI! Don't revoke it! ... I'm sorry, I'll watch them all EVERY DAY for like 3 DAYS! Smile ... Honestly never encountered her so I'll definitely take a look! Smile

I'll just play the 'can I help you' lick!!!
[+] 1 user Likes Monster_Riffs's post
03-01-2014, 11:07 AM
(03-01-2014 10:24 AM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  
(03-01-2014 10:20 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Fuck kinda atheist are you, don't know Cristina Rad. Better not be the male kind, might hafta revoke yer charter. Big Grin

NOOOOOI! Don't revoke it! ... I'm sorry, I'll watch them all EVERY DAY for like 3 DAYS! Smile ... Honestly never encountered her so I'll definitely take a look! Smile

Lol
03-01-2014, 11:50 AM
(03-01-2014 10:24 AM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  
(03-01-2014 10:20 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Fuck kinda atheist are you, don't know Cristina Rad. Better not be the male kind, might hafta revoke yer charter. Big Grin

Introduced to her when the Comfort Cantina was offering Origin of Species with an intro by Revolting Ray and she was like, How about a Bible with an intro by Richard Dawkins. Talk about love at first listen. Heart

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like houseofcantor's post
03-01-2014, 11:52 AM
(03-01-2014 11:50 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(03-01-2014 10:24 AM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  NOOOOOI! Don't revoke it! ... I'm sorry, I'll watch them all EVERY DAY for like 3 DAYS! Smile ... Honestly never encountered her so I'll definitely take a look! Smile

Introduced to her when the Comfort Cantina was offering Origin of Species with an intro by Revolting Ray and she was like, How about a Bible with an intro by Richard Dawkins. Talk about love at first listen. Heart

She has a very beautiful accent and she is really smart. I don't even like girls and I fell in love at first listen too Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
03-01-2014, 01:00 PM
(03-01-2014 02:56 AM)morondog Wrote:  How about you stop trying to force other people to use your definition ? Words change. Get over it.

Given your definition of the word makes it pointless, it's hardly useful for anyone is it?
03-01-2014, 01:08 PM
(03-01-2014 02:58 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  Everything changes. We've only been taking notes for such a short time. I dont believe in god, I doubt the gods of miracles and revelations the most, but none of us are in any position to say "we cannot know" something.

Ok then prove that we can know.

Quote:For you to rule out a god actually making itself known to people, well that doesn't seem very agnostic of you.

That is actually very agnostic. Look up the definition.

Quote:I'm an atheist, but if we legitimately found out that god existed, I wouldn't be saying "bullshit, brownshirt says we cannot know."

Its like you're in this bubble, refusing possibilities for no reason. "NO! THERE WILL BE NO PROOF" The agnosticism around here is more of a "I dont believe, but I'm open to legitimate proof"

If proof is presented otherwise I will reassess, otherwise I don't think proof is coming. NOMA
03-01-2014, 01:13 PM
(03-01-2014 01:00 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(03-01-2014 02:56 AM)morondog Wrote:  How about you stop trying to force other people to use your definition ? Words change. Get over it.

Given your definition of the word makes it pointless, it's hardly useful for anyone is it?

You're finally getting it. The word isn't useless, you're just doing it wrong.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post