3 questions for atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 1.5 Average
03-01-2014, 02:08 PM
RE: 3 questions for atheists
(02-01-2014 02:36 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(02-01-2014 02:25 PM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  What's the difference between an atheist and an agnostic? An atheist sees no value in the idea of a god, no proof to support the idea. And has the balls to accept that, since the concept is valueless, it is not true! An agnostic also sees no evidence to support any sort of theism, but lacks the necessary balls fully understand that there is no alternative to death! The agnostic wishes to be a Christian, but is too smart for it. In other words, the agnostic is kind of a pussy! . . . But you're NICE pussies!
Oh oh you just made a claim of "there is no alternative to death". Proof please.

Prove that there is no alternative to death? I'm pretty sure that, at this point, the eventual death rate for EVERYTHING is 100%. Have I missed something? Are there people out there who just plain don't die, and it didn't make the news? Hell, let's go really big time! What about stars? Any stars that we are aware of, which, based on what we know about the "lives" of stars are not likely to "die"? You ask me to prove that things die? "there is no alternative to death". suggests that you think their is one. If YOU can PROVE such an alternative (Which would be eternal life, right?) You would be the most famous man in the world! And I would, humbly, thank you!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2014, 02:08 PM
(03-01-2014 01:59 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(03-01-2014 01:47 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Well the fucking dictionary disagrees with you.

Yep as I said previously, if enough people misuse it the definition changes. I blame the internet. Too many people with low intellect with a very vocal opinion.

You keep spouting off about the history of a word and what it really "means".

The definition of the word "atheism" hasn't ever changed. It's been misused plenty, as evidenced by you in this thread, but the definition of the word has stayed the same since it was first made up.

You lose. Go away.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
03-01-2014, 02:21 PM
(03-01-2014 02:08 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-01-2014 01:59 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Yep as I said previously, if enough people misuse it the definition changes. I blame the internet. Too many people with low intellect with a very vocal opinion.

The Oxford Dictionary says:
Agnostic: a person who believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God or of anything beyond material phenomena; a person who claims neither faith nor disbelief in God.

Do you agree with that definition?

I think your issue is with the word 'atheist'. The Oxford says:
Atheist: a person who disbelieves or lacks belief in the existence of God or gods:he is a committed atheist

You will note that there are two positions stated in that definition, disbelief and lack of belief - they're not the same.

I'm thinking he's of a type. But he can hang around and invest some time to tell a tale like a Ghost; or he can go screw.

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-01-2014, 02:23 PM
Here's what need's to happen with you, Brownturd, I'm sorry, Brownshirt: You need to take your meds. I suggest "Natural Ice", because of the high alcohol content. Also, you might want to play with yourself a little more often! These things cause "pleasure" (Look it up), which will keep your mind occupied, and hopefully derail your tendency to think. Something you are obviously not very good at. I wish I could bless you in some way, but that's kind of a toughie for those of us who are god deficient.
[+] 1 user Likes Ameron1963's post
03-01-2014, 02:27 PM
(03-01-2014 02:23 PM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  Here's what need's to happen with you, Brownturd, I'm sorry, Brownshirt: You need to take your meds. I suggest "Natural Ice", because of the high alcohol content. Also, you might want to play with yourself a little more often! These things cause "pleasure" (Look it up), which will keep your mind occupied, and hopefully derail your tendency to think. Something you are obviously not very good at. I wish I could bless you in some way, but that's kind of a toughie for those of us who are god deficient.

Oh god no. Stay away from anything "ice". That shit will turn you into a troglodyte. I would prescribe no less than 3 fingers of some quality bourbon and a percocet.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
03-01-2014, 02:37 PM
God, I'm a nice guy! Did everyone see how I handled that with tact and respect! It's the angel! Naked ass on my shoulder! Whispering sweet nothings into my ear! Of course it's a female angle, cause I don't allow no fag angels to monkey with my shoulder! . . . Unless they . . . well, never mind! Yep! . . . Better get back to my medicine, or someone will notice!
03-01-2014, 02:40 PM
(03-01-2014 02:27 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(03-01-2014 02:23 PM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  Here's what need's to happen with you, Brownturd, I'm sorry, Brownshirt: You need to take your meds. I suggest "Natural Ice", because of the high alcohol content. Also, you might want to play with yourself a little more often! These things cause "pleasure" (Look it up), which will keep your mind occupied, and hopefully derail your tendency to think. Something you are obviously not very good at. I wish I could bless you in some way, but that's kind of a toughie for those of us who are god deficient.

Oh god no. Stay away from anything "ice". That shit will turn you into a troglodyte. I would prescribe no less than 3 fingers of some quality bourbon and a percocet.

Not under "Obamacare"! Many of us can't afford "quality bourbon"
03-01-2014, 02:42 PM
Besides, what do you have against troglodytes? You hater!
03-01-2014, 02:47 PM
I thought I'd pop in to see how this thread was cooking...

Oh!

see post #67
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...sts?page=4

Carry on.

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
03-01-2014, 02:52 PM
(03-01-2014 02:47 PM)DLJ Wrote:  I thought I'd pop in to see how this thread was cooking...

Oh!

see post #67
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...sts?page=4

Carry on.

Well, you're here, now. Bring any of those ladies?

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user