3 questions for atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 1.5 Average
04-01-2014, 07:21 AM
RE: 3 questions for atheists
I use foul language a lot but do try and kerb it around people that don't like it. I'll try and remember whole does and doesn't mind on here. My new mate brownshirt brings it out in me though hahaha especially after whisky lol

I'll just play the 'can I help you' lick!!!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Monster_Riffs's post
04-01-2014, 08:42 AM
(04-01-2014 01:06 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  What peculiar privilege has this little agitation which we call thought, that we must thus make it the model of the whole universe?

[Image: straw-man.jpg]

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
04-01-2014, 10:42 AM
(04-01-2014 07:21 AM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  I use foul language a lot but do try and kerb it around people that don't like it. I'll try and remember whole does and doesn't mind on here. My new mate brownshirt brings it out in me though hahaha especially after whisky lol

Haha. I really don't mind it for other people. I just don't like it for myself.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
04-01-2014, 01:01 PM
Whiskeys: Canadian club < crown royal < Forty creek

Forty creek is actually a local whiskey for me. Its super smooth and fairly cheap.

Now scotch... That needs a little money spent. All the cheaper ones ive had are just awful. Walker red.. Eugh..
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
04-01-2014, 01:09 PM
(04-01-2014 01:01 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  Whiskeys: Canadian club < crown royal < Forty creek

Forty creek is actually a local whiskey for me. Its super smooth and fairly cheap.

Now scotch... That needs a little money spent. All the cheaper ones ive had are just awful. Walker red.. Eugh..

I tend to stick to bourbons myself. Maker's Mark is a staple of mine when I can afford it. Knob Creek, Woodford Reserve, or good Rye is always pleasant to mix things up every once in a while.

For special occasions: Prichard's Double Barreled is a great choice.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
04-01-2014, 01:50 PM
(04-01-2014 01:09 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(04-01-2014 01:01 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  Whiskeys: Canadian club < crown royal < Forty creek

I tend to stick to bourbons myself. Maker's Mark is a staple of mine when I can afford it. Knob Creek, Woodford Reserve, or good Rye is always pleasant to mix things up every once in a while.

For special occasions: Prichard's Double Barreled is a great choice.

Meh I like rum. And cheap beer
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
04-01-2014, 03:39 PM
(04-01-2014 02:36 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(04-01-2014 01:06 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  What peculiar privilege has this little agitation which we call thought, that we must thus make it the model of the whole universe?

It has the particularly peculiar advantage of recognizing wave function collapse and what that kinda sorta might maybe mean wrt a model of the whole universe. Tongue

Yeah you don't get it. I know.
04-01-2014, 04:17 PM
(04-01-2014 01:50 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Meh I like rum. And cheap beer

That's cool. I like cheap rear. And bum. Angel

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 5 users Like evenheathen's post
04-01-2014, 05:06 PM
This blatant disregard for my thread is annoying me so much.
04-01-2014, 05:09 PM
(04-01-2014 05:06 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  This blatant disregard for my thread is annoying me so much.

Would you like some cheese to go with that whine?
[+] 4 users Like Losty's post