3 questions for atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 1.5 Average
05-01-2014, 12:20 AM
RE: 3 questions for atheists
(05-01-2014 12:18 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(05-01-2014 12:11 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  You got a real answer from Evenheathen and me, and yet this is the only thing you respond to. Oh how surprising...

Weeping

Oops sorry, love, I didn't realize you responded to Even. My only excuse is that I have really slow Internet. :/
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2014, 12:26 AM
(04-01-2014 11:26 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(04-01-2014 10:51 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  That's such a typical bullshit answer, if you're going to rationalise your perspective and pretend that it shows you to "not know" try not to be amused by something which you don't know.

Where is your brain, love? I have never claimed to rationalize my perspective. I never said it shows me to "not know" or to know. I have given you very little information about my beliefs and/or lack of beliefs. This is mostly because it's none of your business. You're the one who is attacking me. I have laughed at you, but I have not laughed at your beliefs. I don't generally go around laughing at or being amused by other people's beliefs. I am a very laid back and tolerant person. However, since you insist, I will tell you my stance.

I lack belief in any deities.
I have what you like to call an "active disbelief" in the Christian god, the Jewish god, and the Islamic god (sure sure whatever they're the same god).
My "justification" for this disbelief is not that I have any evidence to disprove this god. My justification is that I have read most of the bible, some of the tanakh, and some of the Quran. After reading what I have read, I decided that I absolutely refuse to believe in the existence of a god that is love and yet is capable of hatred, a god who encourages slavery, rape, and murder, a god who is all knowing and all powerful yet allows so much suffering of the people he "loves", and on and on and on. Do I have evidence no I do not. Will I tell you that you have no right to believe in such a god no I will not. But I will not believe.
If you aren't satisfied with this answer then you can just shove off.

Yes if you did not believe in Santa instead of lacking belief in Santa I would buy your position.
05-01-2014, 12:28 AM
BS seriously matey, ... I've sent you loads of low calibur abuse. Not because of what you think. I welcome your point of view, just not particularly the way you present it. All angry and rude. More so, the fact that you seem to be determined to tell us how to define ourselves which is the bit I found infuriating. But, do you not think that we should all take a nice deep breath and agree to disagree? Stop assuming we're your enemy, I already think you can be quite funny tbh... just relax a bit, let it go and jump in to some other threads. You might even find you like it here and there are some cool people? It's worth thinking about.

I'll just play the 'can I help you' lick!!!
[+] 1 user Likes Monster_Riffs's post
05-01-2014, 12:28 AM
(05-01-2014 12:20 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(05-01-2014 12:18 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Weeping

Oops sorry, love, I didn't realize you responded to Even. My only excuse is that I have really slow Internet. :/

Yep, better apologise for the love thing too. It doesn't translate in webspeak.
05-01-2014, 12:35 AM
(05-01-2014 12:28 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(05-01-2014 12:20 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Oops sorry, love, I didn't realize you responded to Even. My only excuse is that I have really slow Internet. :/

You can make fun of me if you like, but I do not understand.
05-01-2014, 12:36 AM
(05-01-2014 12:26 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(04-01-2014 11:26 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Where is your brain, love? I have never claimed to rationalize my perspective. I never said it shows me to "not know" or to know. I have given you very little information about my beliefs and/or lack of beliefs. This is mostly because it's none of your business. You're the one who is attacking me. I have laughed at you, but I have not laughed at your beliefs. I don't generally go around laughing at or being amused by other people's beliefs. I am a very laid back and tolerant person. However, since you insist, I will tell you my stance.

I lack belief in any deities.
I have what you like to call an "active disbelief" in the Christian god, the Jewish god, and the Islamic god (sure sure whatever they're the same god).
My "justification" for this disbelief is not that I have any evidence to disprove this god. My justification is that I have read most of the bible, some of the tanakh, and some of the Quran. After reading what I have read, I decided that I absolutely refuse to believe in the existence of a god that is love and yet is capable of hatred, a god who encourages slavery, rape, and murder, a god who is all knowing and all powerful yet allows so much suffering of the people he "loves", and on and on and on. Do I have evidence no I do not. Will I tell you that you have no right to believe in such a god no I will not. But I will not believe.
If you aren't satisfied with this answer then you can just shove off.

Yes if you did not believe in Santa instead of lacking belief in Santa I would buy your position.

What does Santa have to do with this?
05-01-2014, 12:36 AM
(05-01-2014 12:28 AM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  BS seriously matey, ... I've sent you loads of low calibur abuse. Not because of what you think. I welcome your point of view, just not particularly the way you present it. All angry and rude. More so, the fact that you seem to be determined to tell us how to define ourselves which is the bit I found infuriating. But, do you not think that we should all take a nice deep breath and agree to disagree? Stop assuming we're your enemy, I already think you can be quite funny tbh... just relax a bit, let it go and jump in to some other threads. You might even find you like it here and there are some cool people? It's worth thinking about.

Not my MO sunshine. This is how I relax, I find it interesting. I do disagree with atheism and so as atheists you're a target.

I don't care what randoms say to me, probably the same as you feel from me calling you whatever. I'd prefer it if you were like the cockingbird, makes it easier to slag your position.
05-01-2014, 12:38 AM
(05-01-2014 12:36 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(05-01-2014 12:26 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Yes if you did not believe in Santa instead of lacking belief in Santa I would buy your position.

What does Santa have to do with this?

Don't say you've never heard of the santa analogy.
05-01-2014, 12:38 AM
(05-01-2014 12:28 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(05-01-2014 12:20 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Oops sorry, love, I didn't realize you responded to Even. My only excuse is that I have really slow Internet. :/

Come here and give Girly a bigass shit-stained brown shirt hug. ... Or not. ... Makes no nevermind to Girly.

[Image: bearhugs.jpg]

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
05-01-2014, 12:40 AM
(05-01-2014 12:38 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(05-01-2014 12:28 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Yep, better apologise for the love thing too. It doesn't translate in webspeak.

Come here and give Girly a bigass shit-stained brown shirt hug. ... Or not. ... Makes no nevermind to Girly.

[Image: bearhugs.jpg]

I'll play naked leap frog with you. Anyway, can you guys stop with the attempts at being nice? Homey don't play that.
[+] 1 user Likes Brownshirt's post