3 questions for atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 1.5 Average
05-01-2014, 12:50 AM
RE: 3 questions for atheists
(05-01-2014 12:40 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(05-01-2014 12:38 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Come here and give Girly a bigass shit-stained brown shirt hug. ... Or not. ... Makes no nevermind to Girly.

[Image: bearhugs.jpg]

I'll play naked leap frog with you. Anyway, can you guys stop with the attempts at being nice? Homey don't play that.

Nope. Girly knows Homey, Girly is Homey, and that's what Homey plays. ... Bitch. Tongue

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
05-01-2014, 12:53 AM
(05-01-2014 12:36 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(05-01-2014 12:28 AM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  BS seriously matey, ... I've sent you loads of low calibur abuse. Not because of what you think. I welcome your point of view, just not particularly the way you present it. All angry and rude. More so, the fact that you seem to be determined to tell us how to define ourselves which is the bit I found infuriating. But, do you not think that we should all take a nice deep breath and agree to disagree? Stop assuming we're your enemy, I already think you can be quite funny tbh... just relax a bit, let it go and jump in to some other threads. You might even find you like it here and there are some cool people? It's worth thinking about.

Not my MO sunshine. This is how I relax, I find it interesting. I do disagree with atheism and so as atheists you're a target.

I don't care what randoms say to me, probably the same as you feel from me calling you whatever. I'd prefer it if you were like the cockingbird, makes it easier to slag your position.

Oh ok then. My position is this. I am agnostic atheist. Ex Mormon. I looked in to loads of religions and ideology for many years. In my early twenties I settled firmly on agnostic atheist.

Agnostic as I openly admit that I don't have the knowledge to know for certain or disprove a God. Atheist because I lack belief and therefore am a - theist.

Sometimes I consider myself anti - theist. I also openly state I am drawn to like minded people. By anti - theist. I mean morally/ethically opposed to a lot of religious teachings.

Tax exemption
Misogyny
Pro rape
Indoctrination of children
Genital mutilation
Genocide
Honour killing
Etc etc;

I am opposed to the teachings and philosophical stances as they can have a direct impact on the world which I am part of. I attack the belief not the believer. Like I would with politics or any other dogmatic belief system.

I see your point about Santa but don't need to define myself as a-santist, (but I might now it may be a giggle) as people's belief in santa doesn't make a direct impact on decisions about things like genital mutilation, abortion, gay rights etc.

You're right about the fact that I don't get offended by internetz banter either, obviously neither do you, that'll do for me. I merely suggested what I did as you may have made some interesting/amusing contributions elsewhere. As it stands, as we were soldier.

You are an illiterate wanker who wouldn't know what a dictionary was if your imaginary Santa stoved your stubborn little head in with it! Alright sweetheart? Wink

I'll just play the 'can I help you' lick!!!
05-01-2014, 01:00 AM
(05-01-2014 12:38 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(05-01-2014 12:36 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  What does Santa have to do with this?

Don't say you've never heard of the santa analogy.

"Those ridiculous examples are so trite, it makes whoever said it as deep as puddle in the desert."
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
05-01-2014, 02:10 AM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2014 02:13 AM by evenheathen.)
(05-01-2014 12:10 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(04-01-2014 11:26 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  I have rationalized my position, you have chosen to ignore it and continue to strawman and pretend to know who I am and what I think.

I don't claim to "know" anything. I never have. I don't proselytize. When it comes to my atheism, I am very much in the closet in my daily life because it's not a good idea for me to come out. This is not a fun way to live, but it seems that the religious will not "fuck off and let people be" so I don't have a better choice. But I live with it. Silently.

My stance on whether or not there is a supreme being is agnostic. From what studying and research I have done on the subject, I have come to the conclusion that all forms of gods described by today's religions are obviously manmade and cannot be true. If I have no coherent concept of a god to hold true, I cannot honestly "believe" in a god.

By definition this makes me an atheist. It is definitely not a position that I set out to hold. I, much like you, held some misguided preconceptions about what that means. As I studied further, I began to realize that the word atheism doesn't in any way shape or define who or what a person is. It's merely a word that describes my position on whether or not there is a god. It is not a "gnostic" position. It makes no claims about me other than that I make no claim that there is a god.

This place is an outlet. It is a sanctuary for me to come to trade ideas and life experiences and frustrations with people who understand where I am coming from. That's it. This forum does not exist to goad theists. This place exists for us to be able to have a respite from the daily grind of trying to ignore the religiosity that is ground in our faces day after day that we can't speak out against.

That's the only reason I am here. Yet here you are, telling me to stop being something that I'm not. Sorry that I take a little offense to that.

I am glad that there are those who elsewhere take the "fight" to the people. It's about time someone did. Rights and equality for all opinions have never made progress unless the oppressed started standing up and pissing off those who unfairly make the rules. I'm not sorry that the argument is being made. It's the only way for humanity to start respecting each other as they should.

You talk about us respecting that we can't "know" if there is a god. I do respect that. Please link me to a religious forum that you belong to that you are making the same belligerent arguments and I'll leave you alone. That would only be fair, would it not?

You're welcome to reject a god, just don't pretend you don't makes own assumptions.

The irony of your post, is that the only reason I'm here is I'm sick of atheists claiming themselves to be the only rational people around despite their inherent lack of ability to identify any flaw in their own position. Reading Kant would help.

If you choose to identify with a group some of which are activist then it's obvious to expect some backlash from the arrogance this group put out. Kinda like theists, ironic huh? Dawkins and Hitchens are prime examples of this.

So you are arrogant enough to ignore everything I've tried to explain to you so far about myself. You have done this from the beginning of this thread. You ignore what I tell you about myself, lump me in with your poor overgeneralization of what you have ignorantly decided that everyone who might identify with a word has to be like and proceed to tell me who and what I am and why I am wrong and then continue to demand an explanation. Upon receiving an explanation, you continue to ignore it and rant about how an atheist has no basis for their position.

You are dishonest, disingenuous, and frankly a fucking troll. If you had an honest bone in your body you would be able to defend your position rather than resorting to deflection at every turn.

At least I know who I am in this world, you anonymous, regurgitated, rhetorical piece of unoriginal troll excrement.

Eat cheese, bitch.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 8 users Like evenheathen's post
05-01-2014, 11:28 AM
(05-01-2014 02:10 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(05-01-2014 12:10 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  You're welcome to reject a god, just don't pretend you don't makes own assumptions.

The irony of your post, is that the only reason I'm here is I'm sick of atheists claiming themselves to be the only rational people around despite their inherent lack of ability to identify any flaw in their own position. Reading Kant would help.

If you choose to identify with a group some of which are activist then it's obvious to expect some backlash from the arrogance this group put out. Kinda like theists, ironic huh? Dawkins and Hitchens are prime examples of this.

So you are arrogant enough to ignore everything I've tried to explain to you so far about myself. You have done this from the beginning of this thread. You ignore what I tell you about myself, lump me in with your poor overgeneralization of what you have ignorantly decided that everyone who might identify with a word has to be like and proceed to tell me who and what I am and why I am wrong and then continue to demand an explanation. Upon receiving an explanation, you continue to ignore it and rant about how an atheist has no basis for their position.

You are dishonest, disingenuous, and frankly a fucking troll. If you had an honest bone in your body you would be able to defend your position rather than resorting to deflection at every turn.

At least I know who I am in this world, you anonymous, regurgitated, rhetorical piece of unoriginal troll excrement.

Eat cheese, bitch.

Dropped the hammer on him!

Reminds me of I&I now that you mention it. It was the main reason I found him to be such an annoying cuntface.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
05-01-2014, 05:42 PM
nooooo.

I would like someone to answer these questions:

1. Could you believe but not know?
2. Or know but not believe?

My point is that what you know and believe are so intertwined that separating them is pointless.
05-01-2014, 05:48 PM
(05-01-2014 05:42 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  1. Could you believe but not know?
Yes.

(05-01-2014 05:42 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  2. Or know but not believe?
No.

(05-01-2014 05:42 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  My point is that what you know and believe are so intertwined that separating them is pointless.
Evidently not. Drinking Beverage

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 9 users Like Vosur's post
05-01-2014, 08:07 PM
(05-01-2014 05:48 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(05-01-2014 05:42 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  1. Could you believe but not know?
Yes.

(05-01-2014 05:42 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  2. Or know but not believe?
No.

(05-01-2014 05:42 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  My point is that what you know and believe are so intertwined that separating them is pointless.
Evidently not. Drinking Beverage

Excellent, now we've rendered your use of agnostic as pointless stick to being an atheist and address these questions.
06-01-2014, 12:14 AM
(05-01-2014 08:07 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Excellent, now we've rendered your use of agnostic as pointless stick to being an atheist and address these.

[Image: __grammatik_macht_frei___wallpaper_by_un...4h0y15.jpg]

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
06-01-2014, 01:48 AM
(06-01-2014 12:14 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(05-01-2014 08:07 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Excellent, now we've rendered your use of agnostic as pointless stick to being an atheist and address these.

[Image: __grammatik_macht_frei___wallpaper_by_un...4h0y15.jpg]

Are you that retarded that a few commas confuse...oh. Don't worry.