3 questions for atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 1.5 Average
07-01-2014, 01:52 PM
RE: 3 questions for atheists
(07-01-2014 01:44 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Jesus christ, more youtube shit. I'm headed back to work now brownie, I might watch it later.

Indeed, this will give you the most insight into my position. If you still don't get it, you never will.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2014, 01:59 PM
(07-01-2014 01:26 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Can anyone here explain why they believe that the reason for existence cannot be known, but asks for proof of a deity?

The reason for existence is likely coincidence, and I never ask for proof of a deity because I couldn't care less. Why should I care?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
07-01-2014, 02:04 PM
Brownshirt, since you are always so talkative. Answer me this. Do you think...Christianity for instance...makes reasonable claims? Or do you find the core Christian claims ridiculous?

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
07-01-2014, 02:14 PM
(07-01-2014 01:59 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(07-01-2014 01:26 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Can anyone here explain why they believe that the reason for existence cannot be known, but asks for proof of a deity?

The reason for existence is likely coincidence, and I never ask for proof of a deity because I couldn't care less. Why should I care?

Mainly because you've involved yourself in a philosophical discussion and have chosen a side and otherwise it comes off as bullshit one.
07-01-2014, 02:15 PM
(07-01-2014 02:04 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Brownshirt, since you are always so talkative. Answer me this. Do you think...Christianity for instance...makes reasonable claims? Or do you find the core Christian claims ridiculous?

Some yes, some no. That's way too general for me. Ask specifics.
07-01-2014, 02:18 PM
(07-01-2014 02:15 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(07-01-2014 02:04 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Brownshirt, since you are always so talkative. Answer me this. Do you think...Christianity for instance...makes reasonable claims? Or do you find the core Christian claims ridiculous?
Some yes, some no. That's way too general for me. Ask specifics.
... ok. The Christian description of a god, the afterlife, and the creation of earth (and humans), for instance?

07-01-2014, 02:25 PM
(07-01-2014 02:14 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(07-01-2014 01:59 PM)Dom Wrote:  The reason for existence is likely coincidence, and I never ask for proof of a deity because I couldn't care less. Why should I care?

Mainly because you've involved yourself in a philosophical discussion and have chosen a side and otherwise it comes off as bullshit one.

Why do you care? You've started this discussion. I am just curious how people can discuss a dictionary definition for ages. But you started this - so - why do you care?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
07-01-2014, 02:26 PM
The problem I have with those questions is that Christians have different views on each of the above, so i can address them without knowing the exact description, afterlife, creation etc.

For example, I know Christians who consider the universe to be 14 billion years old and consider evolution to be true.
07-01-2014, 02:28 PM
(07-01-2014 02:25 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(07-01-2014 02:14 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Mainly because you've involved yourself in a philosophical discussion and have chosen a side and otherwise it comes off as bullshit one.

Why do you care? You've started this discussion. I am just curious how people can discuss a dictionary definition for ages. But you started this - so - why do you care?

I care because atheists try to hijack the tag of agnostic, but pretend their position is sound, when it chooses a side DESPITE (not because of) the lack of evidence for any position.
07-01-2014, 02:32 PM
Alright....and you've lost my interest by not really answering...anything, again.

Oh well, was good while it lasted.