3 questions for atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 1.5 Average
07-01-2014, 03:04 PM
RE: 3 questions for atheists
(07-01-2014 02:40 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(07-01-2014 02:33 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  This question is so full of FAIL it's difficult to know where to begin.

Has anyone actually claimed "the reason for existence cannot be known"?

And what is this "reason for existence" business? There are so many underlying assumptions to this phrase that it becomes meaningless. It's a Many Questions Fallacy, a Presumption Fallacy, and a fallacy of Infinite regression, all rolled up into two words. Also a Strawman (see above) and a Red Herring.

For there to be a "reason for existence", then there would have to be some entity that provided said "reason", and that entity would itself exist, and need a "reason for existence", which some other entity would have to have provided, and THAT entity would also have to have a "reason for existence", and it's fucking turtles all the way down. Infinite loop fatal error Danger Will Robertson your CPU is beginning to smoke!

Basic Logic 101: Assert a claim, be prepared to give evidence to support it.

hth fucking moron.

No dummy, I haven't said there is a reason, I'm just not dismissing the possibility.

Um, fucking idiot, your question ASSUMES that such a "reason" exists, and is thus a LOADED QUESTION. Get Thee quickly to the Fallacy Files:

[ (Today 12:26 PM)Brownshirt Wrote: Can anyone here explain why they believe that the reason for existence cannot be known,]

You didn't say, "believe that there is a reason for existence, but that reason cannot be shown", which would not ASSUME the existence of such a "reason".

This is basic stuff here, kid. You have a LOT to learn.

Quote:Your logic works like this "anything unknowable does not exist, and we know the stuff we do know". I feel so enlightened.

You fail to believe you cannot assess things, that's where your 'logic' fucks up.

MY logic? You mean the logic you are attributing to your Strawman stand-in for me.

Quote:You're so afraid of making any claims you revert to an over-dependence on fairies, its funny but sad.

You have no idea what my mental states are. You are grabbing at straws.

(07-01-2014 02:46 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(07-01-2014 02:37 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Guys, please -_-
Don't you know that BS is the all-knowing expert of his own made up definitions?
How could you guys miss that part?

How did you go in school? Job? Your comprehension and ability to formulate ideas is really lacking. To the point where I would say why do you pretend you can keep up? You don't have much to say about anything.

The same could be asked and said of you.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2014, 03:07 PM
(07-01-2014 02:47 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  At least you're honest.

Which is far more than can be said of you.

07-01-2014, 03:09 PM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2014 05:11 PM by Losty.)
(07-01-2014 02:46 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(07-01-2014 02:37 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Guys, please -_-
Don't you know that BS is the all-knowing expert of his own made up definitions?
How could you guys miss that part?

How did you go in school? Job? Your comprehension and ability to formulate ideas is really lacking. To the point where I would say why do you pretend you can keep up? You don't have much to say about anything.

Really? Lol!! You can't even conquer basic spelling and grammar, love. Get over yourself.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
07-01-2014, 03:15 PM
So, I ask again: "Why do you care"?

You told me what you care about, but not why.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
07-01-2014, 03:45 PM
(07-01-2014 03:04 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(07-01-2014 02:40 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  No dummy, I haven't said there is a reason, I'm just not dismissing the possibility.

Um, fucking idiot, your question ASSUMES that such a "reason" exists, and is thus a LOADED QUESTION. Get Thee quickly to the Fallacy Files:

[ (Today 12:26 PM)Brownshirt Wrote: Can anyone here explain why they believe that the reason for existence cannot be known,]

You didn't say, "believe that there is a reason for existence, but that reason cannot be shown", which would not ASSUME the existence of such a "reason".

So you're saying that there is no reason or you wouldn't attempt to chastise me otherwise. Therefore you're proposing that existence is infinite, for if it were finite there would be a reason for existence. I will presume you're going to propose the singularity, which only takes us one step back in a possible infinite regression.

Quote:Your logic works like this "anything unknowable does not exist, and we know the stuff we do know". I feel so enlightened.

You fail to believe you cannot assess things, that's where your 'logic' fucks up.

Quote:MY logic? You mean the logic you are attributing to your Strawman stand-in for me.

uh huh, grammar good.

Quote:You're so afraid of making any claims you revert to an over-dependence on fairies, its funny but sad.

Quote:You have no idea what my mental states are. You are grabbing at straws.

I do believe you have states which are mental. The problem is I'm not sure if your duplicity is on purpose or not.
07-01-2014, 03:51 PM
(07-01-2014 03:09 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(07-01-2014 02:46 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  How did you go in school? Job? Your comprehension and ability to formulate ideas is really lacking. To the point where I would say why do you pretend you can keep up? You don't have much to say about anything.

Really? Lol!! You can't even concur basic spelling and grammar, love. Get over yourself.

Yeah my spelling is terrible and I don't always use commas.Rolleyes I was actually talking about your inability to demonstrate that you can think, not compose a sentence with 100% syntax.
07-01-2014, 03:54 PM
(07-01-2014 03:15 PM)Dom Wrote:  So, I ask again: "Why do you care"?

Because atheists have become the new jehovah's witness group. You know how people wish those guys would fuck off? Your arrogant ignorance is irritating as fuck, and the irony is you're trying to oppose it but have just become another annoying group.
07-01-2014, 04:00 PM
(07-01-2014 03:45 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(07-01-2014 03:04 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Um, fucking idiot, your question ASSUMES that such a "reason" exists, and is thus a LOADED QUESTION. Get Thee quickly to the Fallacy Files:

So you're saying that there is no reason or you wouldn't attempt to chastise me otherwise. Therefore you're proposing that existence is infinite, for if it were finite there would be a reason for existence. I will presume you're going to propose the singularity, which only takes us one step back in a possible infinite regression.

And away you go, propping up an army of strawmen. I have made none of the assertions you are attempting to foist upon me. Shove every one of your straw men right up your ass and set them on fire.

Quote:

Quote:MY logic? You mean the logic you are attributing to your Strawman stand-in for me.

uh huh, grammar good.

Yeah.

Quote:

Quote:You have no idea what my mental states are. You are grabbing at straws.

I do believe you have states which are mental. The problem is I'm not sure if your duplicity is on purpose or not.

You wouldn't know duplicity if it fucked you up the ass. Nor would you know a logical fallacy, which is why you fail to avoid using so many of them.

Fucking moron.

(07-01-2014 03:51 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(07-01-2014 03:09 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Really? Lol!! You can't even concur basic spelling and grammar, love. Get over yourself.

Yeah my spelling is terrible and I don't always use commas.Rolleyes I was actually talking about your inability to demonstrate that you can think, not compose a sentence with 100% syntax.

Sort of like how you employ whole strawman villages in your failing attempts to troll here.

07-01-2014, 04:21 PM
(07-01-2014 03:54 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(07-01-2014 03:15 PM)Dom Wrote:  So, I ask again: "Why do you care"?

Because atheists have become the new jehovah's witness group. You know how people wish those guys would fuck off? Your arrogant ignorance is irritating as fuck, and the irony is you're trying to oppose it but have just become another annoying group.

Then go the fuck away and you won't have to put up with us.

Drinking Beverage

[+] 2 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
07-01-2014, 04:29 PM
(07-01-2014 04:00 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(07-01-2014 03:45 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  So you're saying that there is no reason or you wouldn't attempt to chastise me otherwise. Therefore you're proposing that existence is infinite, for if it were finite there would be a reason for existence. I will presume you're going to propose the singularity, which only takes us one step back in a possible infinite regression.
Quote:And away you go, propping up an army of strawmen. I have made none of the assertions you are attempting to foist upon me. Shove every one of your straw men right up your ass and set them on fire.

Given you say nothing,attempt to imply a whole lot and criticise (via your barrage of straw men accusations) anyone for not dismissing things which you haven't certified, your opinion is worth nothing. Try not to pretend it has any basis in logic.

i know you won't know this. I'm saying it to let you know I know

(07-01-2014 03:51 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Yeah my spelling is terrible and I don't always use commas.Rolleyes I was actually talking about your inability to demonstrate that you can think, not compose a sentence with 100% syntax.

Quote:Sort of like how you employ whole strawman villages in your failing attempts to troll here.

"I'm an atheist, I claim nothing." That's my favourite thing about you guys you don't even know what you are.