3 questions for atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 1.5 Average
07-01-2014, 05:11 PM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2014 05:17 PM by ClydeLee.)
Re: RE: 3 questions for atheists
(07-01-2014 02:47 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(07-01-2014 02:42 PM)Chas Wrote:  That is where you are wrong. While there is no proof of either the existence or non-existence of any gods, there is a great deal of evidence against the existence of gods.

We don't know, therefore we are agnostic - a knowledge position.

I don't believe in the existence of any gods, because the evidence is strong against the existence of any - a belief position.

Therefore I am an agnostic atheist.

At least you're honest. Hit me up with this evidence.

At what point does belief become knowledge? And when would you know a deity doesn't exist?

Some evidence opposed to gods is the contradictory various forms of gods made in human history, the way some cultures gods transformed over time to gods as we know these days and can be seen through archeological religious information, and another is how natural studies find answers to what were a gods power over and over through various myths.

The difference of knowing is when you claim knowledge. Actually knowing isn't the real concept of distinction as much as an assertion of knowledge is. One may never know a deity doesn't exist, there is no point one has to achieve in that regard.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2014, 05:13 PM
RE: 3 questions for atheists
(07-01-2014 05:00 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Laughat You really don't know what they are do you?

[Image: strawman-full.jpg]

Quote:You claim it's a strawman for me to claim that you don't know what you are,

Yup. We DO know what we are. And that's just ONE of the many straw men I called you one. Get going, you have a LOT more work to do, kid.

Quote:because YOU haven't claimed that you don't know what you're talking about.

Um try to be coherent next time.

Quote:Priceless, what a dumbfuck. Drooling

Indeed you are.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
07-01-2014, 05:15 PM
(07-01-2014 05:11 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(07-01-2014 02:47 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  At least you're honest. Hit me up with this evidence.

At what point does belief become knowledge? And when would you know a deity doesn't exist?

Some evidence opposed to gods is the contradictory various forms of gods made in human history, the way some cultures gods transformed over time to gods as we know these days and can be seen through archeological religious information, and another is how natural studies find answers to what were a gods power over and over through various myths.

The difference if knowing is when you claim knowledge. Actually knowing isn't the real concept of distinction as assertion of knowledge. One may never know a deity doesn't exist, there is no point one has to achieve in that regard.

Oh well allow me to retort:

07-01-2014, 05:16 PM
(07-01-2014 02:47 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(07-01-2014 02:42 PM)Chas Wrote:  That is where you are wrong. While there is no proof of either the existence or non-existence of any gods, there is a great deal of evidence against the existence of gods.

We don't know, therefore we are agnostic - a knowledge position.

I don't believe in the existence of any gods, because the evidence is strong against the existence of any - a belief position.

Therefore I am an agnostic atheist.

At least you're honest. Hit me up with this evidence.

The universe, nature. It looks exactly like a universe without gods would look like.
Volcanoes, malaria, tornadoes, mosquitoes, evolution, and on and on.

Quote:At what point does belief become knowledge? And when would you know a deity doesn't exist?

I don't claim knowledge concerning deities.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(07-01-2014 03:54 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(07-01-2014 03:15 PM)Dom Wrote:  So, I ask again: "Why do you care"?

You told me what you care about, but not why.

Because atheists have become the new jehovah's witness group. You know how people wish those guys would fuck off? Your arrogant ignorance is irritating as fuck, and the irony is you're trying to oppose it but have just become another annoying group.

Ah, so now I understand why people are posting here. You are a dick. You know, the unwritten rule here is: "Don't be a dick".

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
(07-01-2014 05:15 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(07-01-2014 05:11 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Some evidence opposed to gods is the contradictory various forms of gods made in human history, the way some cultures gods transformed over time to gods as we know these days and can be seen through archeological religious information, and another is how natural studies find answers to what were a gods power over and over through various myths.

The difference if knowing is when you claim knowledge. Actually knowing isn't the real concept of distinction as assertion of knowledge. One may never know a deity doesn't exist, there is no point one has to achieve in that regard.

Oh well allow me to retort:

In other words, ClydeLee, you're going to have to dumb it down for that idiot.

07-01-2014, 05:19 PM
(07-01-2014 05:16 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(07-01-2014 03:54 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Because atheists have become the new jehovah's witness group. You know how people wish those guys would fuck off? Your arrogant ignorance is irritating as fuck, and the irony is you're trying to oppose it but have just become another annoying group.

Ah, so now I understand why people are posting here. You are a dick. You know, the unwritten rule here is: "Don't be a dick".

[Image: hE049536F]

07-01-2014, 05:19 PM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2014 05:25 PM by Brownshirt.)
(07-01-2014 05:13 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(07-01-2014 05:00 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Laughat You really don't know what they are do you?

[Image: strawman-full.jpg]

Quote:You claim it's a strawman for me to claim that you don't know what you are,

Yup. We DO know what we are. And that's just ONE of the many straw men I called you one. Get going, you have a LOT more work to do, kid.

Quote:because YOU haven't claimed that you don't know what you're talking about.

Um try to be coherent next time.
Quote:Priceless, what a dumbfuck. Drooling

Indeed you are.

Outstanding.

http://www.timlouisgraham.com/images/no_you_II.JPG
07-01-2014, 05:20 PM
Re: RE: 3 questions for atheists
(07-01-2014 05:16 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(07-01-2014 05:15 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Oh well allow me to retort:

In other words, ClydeLee, you're going to have to dumb it down for that idiot.

Oookay.

The point it becomes "knowing" and not believing is when someone asserts they know.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
07-01-2014, 05:23 PM
(07-01-2014 05:06 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(07-01-2014 04:54 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Show one strawman I have employed.

I have called you on a shitload of your own.

"Can anyone here explain why they believe that the reason for existence cannot be known" you presumed the reason for existence must mean a deity. There's one.

You rant and stomp as a pretence for logic, it's all a ruse. i know. Next.

I don't have to presume that, and I used a deity as one example. The lesson was that you put yourself into an infinite regression, as well as the obvious strawman fallacy.

Check and Mate.

[Image: U_Mad_Bro.jpeg]