3 questions for atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 1.5 Average
28-12-2013, 10:09 PM
RE: 3 questions for atheists
(28-12-2013 09:55 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(28-12-2013 01:52 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  It has not been disproven that P ≠ NP therefore P ≠ NP. Or did you mean "It has not been disproven that P ≠ NP therefore P = NP." In either case I'm gonna be rich and famous now! Oh yeah! Banana_zorro

argumentum ad ignorantiam for the fail. Tongue

No I wasn't saying that. If you assume something does not exist (i.e. a negative) then you assume it does not exist and as a result you cannot disprove it.

It's also assuming that something which does exist but cannot be proven to exist, does not exist. Pretty worthless.

No one needs to prove something does not exist. What is (and can be dismissed) are claims supporting the existence of something. If the evidence for positive claims can be demonstrated to be meaningless or invalid, that which is claimed to be supported by the evidence can be dismissed. Your alternative is to remain "agnostic" about every preposterous claim that has ever been made, (the teapot orbiting the sun). Your agnosticism is equivalent to being "agnostic" about the Chevy orbiting Pluto.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
28-12-2013, 10:10 PM (This post was last modified: 28-12-2013 10:17 PM by Taqiyya Mockingbird.)
(28-12-2013 09:33 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(28-12-2013 09:21 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  

I'll give you a clue, kinda like when you fart.

You're so typical of the atheist who presents it's the us or them position, much like theists do. You and your ilk are the reason many people run a mile from atheism, mainly because you're so indoctrinated in the repetitive drivel and assumptions, which shock horror sounds like a cult.

Reactions when they go too far, they end up being strongly similar to what they're reacting against. Based on your previous posts, you won't realise this. Just keep ranting and raving with the same arguments. It's pathetic and even worse than theists the level of hypocrisy should suffocate you, but you fail to see it.

OH, look, all that Fallacious Ad Hominem bluster, and I can't help but notice that you have failed to address a single issue I have raised with your little shell game. Run, Rabbit, Run!

[Image: unsuccessfulu-troll-is-unsuccessful.jpg]

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
28-12-2013, 10:41 PM
(28-12-2013 10:10 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(28-12-2013 09:33 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  I'll give you a clue, kinda like when you fart.

You're so typical of the atheist who presents it's the us or them position, much like theists do. You and your ilk are the reason many people run a mile from atheism, mainly because you're so indoctrinated in the repetitive drivel and assumptions, which shock horror sounds like a cult.

Reactions when they go too far, they end up being strongly similar to what they're reacting against. Based on your previous posts, you won't realise this. Just keep ranting and raving with the same arguments. It's pathetic and even worse than theists the level of hypocrisy should suffocate you, but you fail to see it.

OH, look, all that Fallacious Ad Hominem bluster, and I can't help but notice that you have failed to address a single issue I have raised with your little shell game. Run, Rabbit, Run!

That's mainly because you're just really angry and your entire perspective reflects that. Your points have been done to death, time to move on. You sound like a complete cunt so would I engage with such a cunt beyond the generic bullshit such as this? if you really think that you've brought up a monumental point, either repeat it or link to it. I wouldn't want to miss it again would I?Wink
28-12-2013, 10:44 PM (This post was last modified: 28-12-2013 11:12 PM by Brownshirt.)
(28-12-2013 09:50 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  "Endeavor" is not spelled that way, neither is "skeptical", and that second sentence has no meaning. Are you referring to your own existence or to that of an entity you call a "god", (but have not defined) ? Is English your first language. It appears it is not. What you think is "pointless" may not be to others. Are you always this dogmatic, and do you always impose your definitions and opinions on others ?

Oh the irony. Do you blame religion for the twin towers too? You Americans are so funny.
28-12-2013, 10:46 PM
(28-12-2013 08:50 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  ...
I would prefer that it's not moved as I expect this is meant to be for gladiatorial combat based on the mockingbird bouncer who showed up? I'm not going to begin a shit throwing match, I can't be bothered.

And yet... sigh!

My point was that your deliciously provocative thread did not belong in Atheism vs. Theism because you seem to be wanting to discuss atheism vs. agnosticism.

Drinking Beverage

28-12-2013, 10:48 PM
(28-12-2013 10:41 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(28-12-2013 10:10 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  OH, look, all that Fallacious Ad Hominem bluster, and I can't help but notice that you have failed to address a single issue I have raised with your little shell game. Run, Rabbit, Run!

That's mainly because you're just really angry

You don't speak for my frame of mind, I am quite amused. Red herring is Red.

Quote: and your entire perspective reflects that.

Wishful thinking is Wishful.

Quote: Your points have been done to death, time to move on.

No, they haven't at all, and you can't make them so by simply claiming they are. You aren't fooling anyone with your pathetic ruse.

Quote: You sound like a complete cunt

Oh, yet another Ad Hominem Fallacy. Doesn't matter if I am a cunt or not. You are still running away from every single refutation of your bullshit that I have posed.

Quote:so would I engage with such a cunt beyond the generic bullshit such as this?

Run, Rabbit, Run!

Quote: if you really think that you've brought up a monumental point, either repeat it or link to it.

I don't have to repeat anything. Every bit of it is monumental and destroys your silly shell game. You can take it one point at a time if you like. We al have nothing but time here.

Quote:I wouldn't want to miss it again would I?Wink

Apparently you WOULD, since you are squirming as hard as you can to avoid every single bit of it.

28-12-2013, 10:50 PM
(28-12-2013 10:44 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(28-12-2013 09:50 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Good for you. Atheism is the dismissal of theist claims. Theists can't even coherently define what the word "god" means, which is why many here are Igtheists.

"Endeavor" is not spelled that way, neither is "skeptical", and that second sentence has no meaning. Are you referring to your own existence or to that of an entity you call a "god", (but have not defined) ? Is English your first language. It appears it is not. What you think is "pointless" may not be to others. Are you always this dogmatic, and do you always impose your definitions and opinions on others ?

Oh the irony. Do you blame religion for the twin towers too? You Americans are so funny.

I begin to see your problem. So you actually think that ONLY Islamists planned, and carried out the attacks against the towers *just happens* to be a coincidence. I see "agnosticism" to you is the same as purposeful fucking ignorant denial of the facts.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
28-12-2013, 10:50 PM
(28-12-2013 10:44 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(28-12-2013 09:50 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Good for you. Atheism is the dismissal of theist claims. Theists can't even coherently define what the word "god" means, which is why many here are Igtheists.

"Endeavor" is not spelled that way, neither is "skeptical", and that second sentence has no meaning. Are you referring to your own existence or to that of an entity you call a "god", (but have not defined) ? Is English your first language. It appears it is not. What you think is "pointless" may not be to others. Are you always this dogmatic, and do you always impose your definitions and opinions on others ?

[Image: original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1]

28-12-2013, 11:02 PM
(28-12-2013 10:09 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(28-12-2013 09:55 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  No I wasn't saying that. If you assume something does not exist (i.e. a negative) then you assume it does not exist and as a result you cannot disprove it.

It's also assuming that something which does exist but cannot be proven to exist, does not exist. Pretty worthless.

No one needs to prove something does not exist. What is (and can be dismissed) are claims supporting the existence of something. If the evidence for positive claims can be demonstrated to be meaningless or invalid, that which is claimed to be supported by the evidence can be dismissed. Your alternative is to remain "agnostic" about every preposterous claim that has ever been made, (the teapot orbiting the sun). Your agnosticism is equivalent to being "agnostic" about the Chevy orbiting Pluto.

Conventional logic vs. BrownEye logic:

[Image: funny-pictures-auto-comics-logic-371546.jpeg]

28-12-2013, 11:31 PM
(28-12-2013 10:48 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(28-12-2013 10:41 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  That's mainly because you're just really angry

You don't speak for my frame of mind, I am quite amused. Red herring is Red.

Quote: and your entire perspective reflects that.

Wishful thinking is Wishful.

Quote: Your points have been done to death, time to move on.

No, they haven't at all, and you can't make them so by simply claiming they are. You aren't fooling anyone with your pathetic ruse.

Quote: You sound like a complete cunt

Oh, yet another Ad Hominem Fallacy. Doesn't matter if I am a cunt or not. You are still running away from every single refutation of your bullshit that I have posed.

Quote:so would I engage with such a cunt beyond the generic bullshit such as this?

Run, Rabbit, Run!

Quote: if you really think that you've brought up a monumental point, either repeat it or link to it.

I don't have to repeat anything. Every bit of it is monumental and destroys your silly shell game. You can take it one point at a time if you like. We al have nothing but time here.

Quote:I wouldn't want to miss it again would I?Wink

Apparently you WOULD, since you are squirming as hard as you can to avoid every single bit of it.

If you can actually bring up a relevant point that would be a start until then you could just work off of the assumption that you must be right as you're a cunt?