3 questions for atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 1.5 Average
10-01-2014, 08:39 AM
RE: 3 questions for atheists
(10-01-2014 12:53 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(09-01-2014 10:41 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  We don't need to "answer the existence of a deity". The assumptions that underlie your question aren't even coherent. A deity would have to actually be shown conclusively to exist for us to have to "answer [its] existence".

You can't even make sense. What the fuck are you even trying to say with this "answering the existence/non-existence" horseshit. It's nonsensical word salad. You might as well be droning on and on about the "pompetous of love", or the sound of one hand clapping.

What are you, fucking twelve years old?

How do you fuck an age? You sure ask strange questions.

So you ARE twelve years old.

Quote:You mean it needs to conclusively exist before you consider it may exist.

No, I do not mean that at all.

[Image: strawmanargument.jpg]

Quote:[quote] If you refuse to consider the possibility of a deity without some alternative, you're not an agnostic's arsehole.

I refuse to accept any claim of a deity without sufficient evidence.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2014, 08:59 AM
(10-01-2014 08:39 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(10-01-2014 12:53 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  How do you fuck an age? You sure ask strange questions.

So you ARE twelve years old.

Quote:You mean it needs to conclusively exist before you consider it may exist.

No, I do not mean that at all.

[Image: strawmanargument.jpg]

Quote:[quote] If you refuse to consider the possibility of a deity without some alternative, you're not an agnostic's arsehole.

I refuse to accept any claim of a deity without sufficient evidence.

Well then you are quite obviously not the anus of an agnostic. Drinking Beverage
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
10-01-2014, 12:57 PM
I believe that my uncle, Paul shit the universe into existence 3 minutes ago! Prove that he didn't!
[+] 1 user Likes Ameron1963's post
10-01-2014, 01:06 PM
(10-01-2014 12:57 PM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  I believe that my uncle, Paul shit the universe into existence 3 minutes ago! Prove that he didn't!
I believe you Thumbsup

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
10-01-2014, 01:15 PM
3 questions for atheists
(10-01-2014 12:57 PM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  I believe that my uncle, Paul shit the universe into existence 3 minutes ago! Prove that he didn't!

It all makes so much more sense now. Praise Paul's Arse!

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
10-01-2014, 02:22 PM

I bloody well did not! Although I must admit, it was a rather large log.
10-01-2014, 02:34 PM
(10-01-2014 02:22 PM)joben1 Wrote:  

I bloody well did not! Although I must admit, it was a rather large log.

It's Sanctus Paulus of the Anus Mirabilis!

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
10-01-2014, 03:07 PM
(10-01-2014 07:24 AM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  
(09-01-2014 08:22 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Given our best efforts can only ever measure the material, your statement is completely incongruous to me.

Interpreting what I just said in this manner either makes you illiterate or a troll.

Quote:Your position comes across as if we can't prove it it cannot exist. That position assumes that we possess the adequate ability to observe and then obtain this as knowledge. Unless you have a full picture why make any statement at all?

You also can't disprove I don't have blue nosed unicorns which live in my sock drawer. This line of reasoning can be dismissed by Carl Sagan's Firebreathing Dragon analogy.

Quote:You claim to not know, but then think fuck it, I will pick a side and hide behind semantics, of lacking belief, the definition of god. It makes no sense to me, so unless you just dislike theists I really don't get it.

1) Quit twisting my statements or inferring I said things which I did not. 2) The reason I 'pick' a side is because it's the one supported by a mountain of evidence vs God who does not have this to support his existence. I'll give your god as much attention and inquiry as you will give the firebreathing dragon which lives in my garage of the blue nosed unicorns which live in my sock drawer.
The invocation of the unicorn analogy is exactly why you're not an agnostic. If you feel it justifies your atheism it's such a pitiful argument that only the converted would buy itt.
10-01-2014, 03:08 PM
(10-01-2014 08:02 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(10-01-2014 01:18 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Exactly? So you're going to stop requesting evidence. Outstanding we've arrived.

When did I say that? You need to stop assuming so much.
If you say exactly that's not an assumption on my part.
10-01-2014, 03:12 PM
The irony of this is you feel it justifies your perspective. Anyone with half a brain can see this.