3 questions for atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 1.5 Average
13-01-2014, 01:04 AM
RE: 3 questions for atheists
(12-01-2014 11:33 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(12-01-2014 10:47 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  So is the request for evidence for a deity seems to be a very odd one.

Because *religious* people claim that they *know* with *absolute* certainty that they *do* have the answer to the question. So it doesn't seem unreasonable in that case to say 'OK, show me'. We are not claiming knowledge, but we *are* being skeptical towards those who *do* claim it.

Cue more stupid ranting about hidden atheist agendas and hijacking the word agnostic Dodgy

Also, can you change your signature? or maybe quote some decent lyricists or musicians?

Every time I see your signature I have bile reflux.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-01-2014, 01:07 AM
(12-01-2014 11:55 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(12-01-2014 10:47 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  So is the request for evidence for a deity seems to be a very odd one.

[Image: __grammatik_macht_frei___wallpaper_by_un...4h0y15.jpg]

[Image: Handel-It-1.jpg]
13-01-2014, 01:08 AM
(12-01-2014 11:55 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  

[Image: __grammatik_macht_frei___wallpaper_by_un...4h0y15.jpg]

[Image: Handel-It-1.jpg]
13-01-2014, 04:49 AM
(13-01-2014 12:48 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  No I'm not confusing the two at all. I'm questioning your over-reliance on science

HAHAHHAHALaughat Rely on science that lets you fact find the truth unmolested, or believe someone else's thousand years old guess because to not do so you burn for all eternity in the worst place you can conceive of.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
13-01-2014, 05:13 AM
(13-01-2014 01:04 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Also, can you change your signature? or maybe quote some decent lyricists or musicians?

Every time I see your signature I have bile reflux.

Go fuck yourself.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
13-01-2014, 07:14 AM
(28-12-2013 12:36 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  1. Why do you have an active lack of belief? The position comes across as one who wants to be recognised as one who negates any form of god but not have to prove anything.

Why believe in something that you have absolutely no evidence for?
And if there was evidence, why believe that hypothesis over other hypotheses?

(28-12-2013 12:36 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  2. What is the purpose of atheism?

What is the purpose of existence?
Why believe that there has to be a purpose?

(28-12-2013 12:36 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  3. Why believe evidence is (or will be) available to confirm or negate a god?

Why believe evidence is (or will be) available to confirm or negate the existence of the tooth fairy?
13-01-2014, 08:50 AM
(13-01-2014 12:48 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(12-01-2014 11:30 PM)Chas Wrote:  You are confusing science with skepticism.

You have a penchant for misconstruing words and concepts, and having your own quirky definitions.

No I'm not confusing the two at all. I'm questioning your over-reliance on science, which you claim is scepticism.

No, you idiot, I did not claim skepticism is science, it's just skepticism.

Quote:Penchant implies it's a conscious thing that I'm misconstruing your vague definitions That you think they're quirky matters not a jot.

The definitions of atheism and agnosticism are quite clear to everyone except you.

I think it's time for you to piss off. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-01-2014, 09:21 AM (This post was last modified: 13-01-2014 10:33 AM by Taqiyya Mockingbird.)
(13-01-2014 12:48 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(12-01-2014 11:30 PM)Chas Wrote:  You are confusing science with skepticism.

You have a penchant for misconstruing words and concepts, and having your own quirky definitions.

No I'm not confusing the two at all. I'm questioning your over-reliance on science, which you claim is scepticism.

^^^ PROVING Chas' assertion.

Quote:Penchant implies it's a conscious thing that I'm misconstruing....

^^^ Good that you caught that.Laughat

(13-01-2014 01:01 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(12-01-2014 11:57 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  [Image: funny-pictures-auto-comics-logic-371546.jpeg]

The strawman thing would have been so much more appropriate given your constant missing of the mark.

I haven't missed the mark even once. And thank you for your admission that you fill the place up with straw men.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
13-01-2014, 09:25 AM
(13-01-2014 12:53 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(12-01-2014 11:33 PM)morondog Wrote:  Because *religious* people claim that they *know* with *absolute* certainty that they *do* have the answer to the question. So it doesn't seem unreasonable in that case to say 'OK, show me'. We are not claiming knowledge, but we *are* being skeptical towards those who *do* claim it.

Cue more stupid ranting about hidden atheist agendas and hijacking the word agnostic Dodgy

Nope way off. Some religious people claim they know, most claim they have faith. Some atheists claim they know no god exists, guess where this is going?

Nowhere, just like every other dipshit assertion you have made here.

Quote:If you want to oppose fundamentalists, be my guest but it's hardly sane to base your position off of the rantings of people like westboro for example.

OH, look -- ANOTHER strawman.

Quote:I also lack belief in a religious god, but the concept of god goes WAY beyond that.

So you "lack a belief in religious" fairy tales, but buy into some bullshit idea (of your own invention) of "non-religious" fairy tales. Check.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
13-01-2014, 10:17 AM
Fucking bird. Big Grin

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post