33 Days of Music

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-04-2014, 03:41 PM
RE: 33 Days of Music
I would have to combine 4 and 5 - person and place.

I remember where I was and who I was with the first time I heard the song 'Angie' by the Rolling Stones. My boyfriend and his best friend were musicians. We, along with my best friend, where on our way to a park when it came on the radio. Of course, the guys had not only heard it before but already knew the words and they sang along with the radio.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-04-2014, 05:56 PM
My best friend lived across the country for a while, it was hard keep in touch. Sent her this one a couple of times. I always think of her when I hear it now.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 2 users Like Smercury44's post
25-04-2014, 11:26 AM
I am going to combine days 5 and 6.

This song reminds me of a little karaoke bar that I would go to once or twice a week a few years ago. It was one of the songs that I would always get requested to do by the other patrons.

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
[+] 3 users Like Crulax's post
25-04-2014, 11:30 AM
(25-04-2014 11:26 AM)Crulax Wrote:  I am going to combine days 5 and 6.

This song reminds me of a little karaoke bar that I would go to once or twice a week a few years ago. It was one of the songs that I would always get requested to do by the other patrons.

One of my favorite songs....I remember playing it over and over to get the lyrics...back in the day when there was no Internet.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

26-04-2014, 02:56 PM
Day 4

Song that reminds me of a person

Faith by George Michael

My friend and I had met another Mormon friend (who was much more Molly Mormon than us) that was down for the summer years and years ago. We hung out a lot before Molly Mormon went back to Utah. So my friend decided before Molly Mormon returned that we should have a song and that our song should be "Faith". I'd start singing "Well it would be nice if I could touch your body because not everybody's got a body like you" and my friend would yell "WE DON'T SING THAT PART OF THE SONG!" So now every time I hear this song, I think of her and my other Molly Mormon friend.

[Image: notagain.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Miss Suzanne's post
26-04-2014, 03:33 PM
I proposed to my wife while this song was playing, so yeah.....it tends to remind me of her. Sappy as hell, but you gotta love Clapton. And my girl.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 4 users Like evenheathen's post
26-04-2014, 04:28 PM
(26-04-2014 03:33 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  I proposed to my wife while this song was playing, so yeah.....it tends to remind me of her. Sappy as hell, but you gotta love Clapton. And my girl.

Awwww....great song.

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
26-04-2014, 07:29 PM
6-Event

The one song I wanted at my first wedding. I let others choose the other music.

"The Rose"

Some say love, it is a river
That drowns the tender reed.
Some say love, it is a razor
That leaves your soul to bleed.
Some say love, it is a hunger,
An endless aching need.
I say love, it is a flower,
And you its only seed.

It's the heart afraid of breaking
That never learns to dance.
It's the dream afraid of waking
That never takes the chance.
It's the one who won't be taken,
Who cannot seem to give,
And the soul afraid of dyin'
That never learns to live.

When the night has been too lonely
And the road has been too long,
And you think that love is only
For the lucky and the strong,
Just remember in the winter
Far beneath the bitter snows
Lies the seed that with the sun's love
In the spring becomes the rose.

- - Every time I try to post a video it's blocked. Damnit...either Girly will come to my rescue or you can find it - the Bette Midler version - as if there is any other.

[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
26-04-2014, 10:54 PM

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
26-04-2014, 11:11 PM
My 8,000th post is going to good use.

It's to thank EH for doing what I couldn't seem to get done.

Thank you kind sir.

Bowing

[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post